Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

apple is so backwards. they make phones that bend and cables that don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
im the stubborn refusal to just use microusb like every other device on the planet

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Shaggar posted:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
music syncing is mindboggingly slow

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
FINALLY. i had to stay up late for three hours

good night, yospos. this day rly made me think about iphones. maybe ill just buy a nexus 6 and make it look like that one phone the kawaiiest posted

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shaggar posted:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

im the stubborn refusal to just use microusb like every other device on the planet

lightning is pretty cool though, being able to plug my charger into my phone without looking while getting into my car and get it done in like 2 seconds sure beats dicking with a microusb especially one like on the (albiet few) android phones i've used, which was a kind of precision operation to get it in right

its more than just "it goes in either direction" it really just is a very easy to plug in connector

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

aesthetically pleasing, a superior port and plug

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
yeah microusb is poo poo and I've never had any cable made by Apple go bad ever, take your cables out of your cargo shorts before washing them or something idk

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sniep posted:

its more than just "it goes in either direction" it really just is a very easy to plug in connector

same but sex

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Take it to the Apple Store and get a replacement, OP. The first iPhone 5 I had crashed to a blue screen so it was some weird hardware issue.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
especially if you have applecare just go to the free cable depot aka apple store

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

lmao microusb is garbage

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Last Chance posted:

lmao microusb is garbage

but its in millions of devices!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
take the battery out OP

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

isnt the eu forcing everyone to use a microusb port now?

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
apple provide micro usb adaptors in the eu but i don't think they're obligated to do anything beyond that

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

focal ischemia posted:

apple provide micro usb adaptors in the eu but i don't think they're obligated to do anything beyond that

then no one will use the adaptors & um we reduced waste?????

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
glad to hear the situation resolved itself, cone stymie

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

call now is fine but does have poor taste in cables it seems

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
i think something is up with their a8 manufacturing, the first two iphone 6 and one 6 plus i got all became burning hot when i was restoring my music etc. to the point the device actually became unresponsive and i need to leave it next to an open window to cool it down

the 6 i just got today is just lukewarm while i was restoring my stuff, with the exact same setup etc and no matter what i did it's still responsive

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i've literally never had an error so bad that i was unable to boot or had to restore my nigh-on 3 year old galaxy nexus, op. it's never been wiped or "jailbreaked" or "rooted" or "romhacked" or "cyanogenmodded" or "kim.comd" or whatever it is you do to phones these days.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DaNzA posted:

i think something is up with their a8 manufacturing, the first two iphone 6 and one 6 plus i got all became burning hot when i was restoring my music etc. to the point the device actually became unresponsive and i need to leave it next to an open window to cool it down

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
update: apparently overnight my phone decided that its time for me to relive my past years an read a thousand emails

also: the shazam bar wont go away
i updated all of my apps

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

przypomnienia

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

so does the 'stymie' term mean nothing now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

stymie was right recently many times and it's really diluted his brand

i think it's still ok to call people ____ shaggar

i'm trying to make "the tori cmos of ______ " happen but i don't know if it's gonna happen.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

so does the 'stymie' term mean nothing now

if you point out that something apple did is wrong, you a stymie

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

update: apparently overnight my phone decided that its time for me to relive my past years an read a thousand emails

also: the shazam bar wont go away
i updated all of my apps

op the names of everything got all jumbled up :S

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
and yet cremnob is the apple stymie

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

im the mapy

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
you know you're stymieing well if you're getting literal death threats PM'ed to you lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

SHAZAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

good on you, you picked the only one thats the same in english

• Locked thread