Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

krispykremessuck posted:

congrats on not getting someone killed, guardian

He is doing it wrong...thin the gene pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

All my previous cases involving people in the water none of them survived. :smith:

That sucks bro...the worst are kids when the parents dont put life jackets on them, I pray you never get one of those. Its hard not to punch the parents afterwards.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

Oh God, im being a complete nerd and enjoying command center school at yorktown. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Think about what you just said....enjoying yorktown...you need help.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

Go hang out with Grover

Or kill yourself....same thing really.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

nwin posted:

Well that's a random thread title.

So a few options.

-Deal with another 11 years of complete bullshit with increasing hours every tour, shuffling around every 3-4 years, hopefully continue to get promoted along the way. With that, I get decent medical coverage for the wife and future kids, pretty awesome pay, and a retirement.

-get out and get a sweet GS job doing something related to my field. However, that's all wrapped up with mostly retired warrants and poo poo and more than likely I'd have to move back to the Gulf, so a big 'gently caress that'. Pros being I'm done moving around, make decent cash, and can still put into a retirement but I won't see it immediately.

-get out and do something else completely. Cons being I have no loving clue what I would do and I have a family to support. GI Bill isn't going to help that enough.

I think I seriously talked one of my friends out of joining the dark side yesterday. Really, unless you're doing it for the money, I see no viable reason to deal with this poo poo. The funny part is at my last unit most everyone liked being an officer. At this unit it seems completely different, at least at the O-3 and below level. Lots of miserable dudes. I think that might have to do with the fact that at the prior unit we were a lot more operationally busy, and at this one there's not enough operations to keep busy, so there's just lots of tasking and visits to keep us busy.

My family thinks I'm loving crazy for even considering to get out, simply due to medical/retirement options. "It's only 11 more years."

On the positive side, promotion message should come out this month. woop woop.

That sucks man....at least your not a dumb enlisted like me. Personally I'd say gently caress it and bail, the amount the poo poo on prior enlisted guys when it comes to advancement is criminal.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

So how long before yn's go away. All the yn's at my station seem to do is screw up the ne guys pay. Hail peoplesoft.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Happy new years eve assholes. I hate each and every one of you Krispy cream eating fucks. Especially you noble fucks. Have a happy new year and dont drink yourselves to death if I have to go to one more alcohol related death briefing ill probably be the one after. In short kill yourself.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

We have one on board. This retard can not even remember to stand by a fire plug during a drill but is getting a command endorsement for OCS.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

17% mother fuckers. Next time I get the geriatric 24%. Get off my lawn.:corsair:

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

you had to lose 20 lbs to get under your max??

Look at skiny here. Displacement machine says im at 11% coast guard says 17% max alowable is 208 im 256. So science says im in pretty drat good shape and the guard says im getting there. Max allowable is stupid tape everyone or get a physical fitness test. I havent made weight since the old adjustable max alowable days when I could weigh 290. That and I watch a fat gently caress SK1 get taped wearing what was obviously a sliming device. Bitch should have to get taped across the navel like the guys gently caress her being embarrassed. Should have to meet male bodyfat standards to. We would have a lot less pizza the huts walking around in admin buildings.

Melthir fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 18, 2015

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Sounds like you're fat to me.

Oh no doubt. But at least I am strong as gently caress.

Also there is nothing more hilarious then being told "look to the left look to right one of you is a rapist." That and "not in my Coast Guard."

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

nwin posted:

oh also I got voluntold to be a part of this upcoming CCTI. hooray.

Bring some money.........

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

nwin posted:

yeah, that's what I'm wondering...How much is this bullshit going to cost me? I know the dinner, but that's it.

I also liked being ordered by a Chief- "Hey, so we need you guys to be there on Monday to fill the coolers with ice and provide drinks. Thanks"

Sure, don't bother throwing in a loving Sir or please or anything like that. I forgot I completely work for you and this whole military rank thing is just gone by the wayside. I'll remember that the next time you boss around a non-rate like they're a piece of trash that deserves zero respect.

It varies. How gooney is the chief. If hes a trolling mother fucker go start sucking some dick on streetcorners.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

How much money did you end up losing

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

drat. That roll over scene hosed me up. Won't be seeing that movie.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

What the gently caress is up with these god drat nonrates with anthropology degrees that some how think the college makes them special. I just had one ask me not to call him a dude because he identified as gender neutral. :wtc:

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Day one of d17 pb round up. Team building meet and greet bullshit followed by dodge ball. Now if only there was bbq and an open bar.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Heh, your all gay and getting mad over gay rear end poo poo.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Heh. No epme test, let the great non rate exodus begin.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Thinking about applying for the UK engineer exchange anyone done it or know of anyone who has done it?

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

just apply for it

Done.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Looks like I'm going to England.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

nwin posted:

Sounds like it should be a cool experience at least. MK I'm guessing?

Just heard that now if you're above the cut for E-7, it's going to be a requirement to go to Chief's Academy prior to putting on the anchors :chiefsay: .

We're so loving Navy and we don't even know it-isn't that what they do with Navy365 or whatever the gently caress they call it?

edit: Oh, and now doing your PCS travel claim through TPAX is going to be a thing...because really, the YN's had one loving job after they disposed of all their other duties, so they decided to stop doing the one travel claim they had to do, so now it will be on you. I guess they do weigh-ins and bitch about that 2 months out of the year.

Yeah trying to get qualls done before I go going to try and make MKC while over there and then start on a W package.

gently caress YNs terminate there lovely rate and fold them into FS and fix our cook problem. Took them 3 months to get my MK3 his Bah and thats after the YNC stepped in I'm going to members responsibility their loving shower next time until late they fix it.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

You know what I retract my earlier drunken statement. gently caress lazy YNs the 4% who actually do something are amazing.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

gently caress it. They will either learn, get out or make use of the suicide hotline. Can't be any worse than these retards we have joining for the bonus. Retards are retards.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

yes it can. it can always be worse

We had a cook who didn't was his hands. His girlfriend was a well known BAH hunter, divorced from two different coasties one was still at the station to the north. She had and possibly still had multiple STDs.....and he got caught knuckle deep....twice. Also had acne really really bad and would absent mindedly pick. loving disgusting. Was so happy when he got out.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Merry Christmas from Alaska you sad lonely fucks.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

So I was looking at going to college and pulled up my transcript. I have over 130 credit hours. What are the chances of me being able to keep even half of these. I have no clue where to start and the ESO is new.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

nwin posted:

I honestly have no clue...you pulled it up using that new site right? Joint transcript request or something?

My uneducated guess would be that your electives will be fulfilled and not much else.

I would assume it depends on the school. My guess is that AMU or Excelsior would waive a ton of classes to get you to waste your money there, where if you submitted your transcript to Harvard they would laugh. That's a complete shot in the dark though.

Are you still going overseas to that exchange program?

Nah man, the canceled my orders due to a failed overseas medical screening. The doc was worried about a back injury I got about five years ago. Then she promptly signed off on overseas orders to MAT Ketchikan which requires the same medical check. The docs a horrible piece of poo poo that does what she wants regardless of weather or not it makes sense or fucks with peoples lives. Same doc told me my shoulder injury was inoperable and I was lucky I wasn't getting med boarded, got a second opinion from a local doc and he said that type of injury has been correctable for over 20 years, that I didn't even have the injury she said I had, and If I did have the injury I wouldn't be able to move my arm for poo poo. Guy game me a cortisone shot and some physical therapy and now I'm doing great. gently caress this doc.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Inchoate drunk post. Get some cards put SMDFTB on it like a doctorate. Guys probably right though there's a lot of stupid poo poo in manuals that's designed to provide an apereance of superiority to people of higher rank. Leather office chairs and such. It's stupid that he gets mad about it.

Melthir fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 20, 2016

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Crash74 posted:

Lol leather office chair havers need to be o-3 and above.

You haven't lived until you have seen an SK warrant tell a OIC BMCS he is not supoused to have his hand me down leather chair.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

So while it does say that the CO's determination is required, I'm going to say that in my opinion it doesn't rise to the level of individuals needing to be designated specifically in writing. As an example, to meet the requirement of the CO having determined, a note, local instruction, or e-mail (it counts) saying, "These positions in the [whatever] Division have a mission requirement to interface with the public sector, and shall be authorized to locally produce business cards."

There may be further guidance in the HSAR, SAP Handbook, and other places, but typically they all mirror the same thing. Keep in mind, most SKs, including F&S warrants have no actual background or experience in budget execution beyond the actual procurement actions. They tend to make poo poo up based on hearsay or policies that haven't been updated (or worse, cancelled) or superseded. If you confront them on this, they'll try to weasel around it or worse stonewall based on being the last line in the sand. In that case, take it up to the district budget officer, or if you're under a different sponsoring agency, take it to the area or HQ level.

Coast Guard poo poo isn't really my wheelhouse anymore, but Budget Execution sure as gently caress is, and 99% of people in the SK rating have no loving clue how appropriated funding works / is designed to work. They're mostly just button-pushers.

poo poo I don't even know you and your already my favorite SK type.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Soooo Westboro is going to protest the Coast Guard?

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

So anyone hear if they spread the love of Christ with the guard today?

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Good luck.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Go talk to people at said CG station. Don't talk to anyone wearing an anchor talk to the e4 and 5s then talk to the guys wearing an anchor ask the same questions and compare your answers.

Edit: we can also field your questions here.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

As the comms guy I chug anti acid tablets every time I work with them.

I read this as acid tabs and thought man that must be an interesting watch.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Chichi if your reading this people care, call again any time.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

We need a new thread someone do the honors because i cant figure out how on this loving awful app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Id almost rather keep this one rolling we are what nine pages deep after a year. Id say gently caress it if you cant read nine pages you probably shouldn't post. Maybe a thread refresh once a decade.:shrug:

• Locked thread