Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

sex swing from IKEA posted:

I picked a hell of a time to get picked up for grad school!

I at least hope our pay and BAH stay in-line with DoD...that would be a cluster if anything like that were to change.

Edit: just imagine how pissed of ADM Z must be right now.

Is the 13% cut in the proposed budget? I am in finance world, I am trying to think what will be the first things to go. Probably C schools then contractors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

ElMaligno posted:

congratulations guys, we are full of lead and asbestos.

also im going to Astoria OR

I liked Astoria, if you are gonna rent I would suggest downtown Astoria. A lot of people lived in Warrenton because I think it is cheaper, but it is kind of a shithole. It was the most beautiful place I ever lived in, the nature around is awesome. Sector is like a 15 min drive, traffic is minimal, closest airport is Portland which is like 1.5 hours away.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

ElMaligno posted:

I was already given the Annies talk by an OS1.

im going to losing about 25000 a year after PCS to Oregon, gotta dial back the TSP money. :( :( :(

That place does not have a lot of people, so it is better if you are already married. Check out the breweries along the waterfront, they have really good local beer. Seaside, which is a larger touristy town is about half an hour away. A good trip idea is to drive past Portland along the Columbia River gorge, hit up some local wineries/cheese places, then do a loop to Tillamook then back North which can be done in a day. And don't get bored and if it is a 210 then I hope you like drydocks!

Meshka fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 31, 2017

• Locked thread