Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
So I have a mostly useless undergrad, I'm a firefighter / hazardous materials technician but I'm not paid to do those things. I am more interested in operations and management than the actual technician work, but enjoy all of it. Unfortunately I'm stuck in the hole of being trained but not experienced outside some pill counting and ems jobs. Mostly I'm a guy who is voluntarily between careers and wants a mid level supervisory tier job, but I'm also married with a house and poo poo so welp.

Today I got it in my head to look at military side of the disaster response / preparedness / safety and inspection career path instead of the civilian side, and I know coast guard does a bunch of that stuff. I don't want to talk to a recruiter yet because my experience when I was considering enlisting before is that recruiters are more persistent than debt collectors once they have your info.

I realize everyone is generally salty about their .mil jobs but if you don't mind humoring me, do jobs in environmental protection and hazmat safety and such exist at the officer level in the CG? How about for reservists? Should I just pursue a highly competitive GS job harder? Is this complete idiot thinking?

I realize this is a thread for guys who are already in but I don't see a recruitment / questions for dudes who have not made decisions yet thread.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread