Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Teddybear posted:

You lose institutional knowledge and legislators who have acquired expertise in their committee subjects and in policy. This makes legislators ineffective and more reliant on lobbyists and pressure groups for learning about issues and how to run their state. Term limits have been a failure in every state in which they were enacted, and there is no good reason to enact them unless you are actively trying to subvert the democratic process.

So why do we still have them for the president, governors, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pohl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWuMp6TRcYM

Holy poo poo, Bill Clinton did an ad for Grimes.

Wrong grimes :fist:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

RuanGacho posted:

Imagine if hippies were in charge of the pentagon the same way republicans are in charge of making a productive government.

One can dream...

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Munkeymon posted:

I hear Ohio is worse

Anyone know if there's any evidence that TV ads motivate voters at all?

The kind of idiots that watch ads. Which is over half the country. The same idiots that are still undecided until they get into the voting booth.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

baw posted:

Looks like the next scandal is going to be the White House covering for an aid (who is the son of a major donor) hiring a prostitute. The WaPo article makes it seem like this could actually be a Thing.

Do Dem voters care about some guy hiring a hooker? The repubs that do weren't going to vote D anyway...

Something I didn't see in tech mogul chat is that having schools buy their poo poo helps their wallet right away as well as the down-the-road benefit of loyal idiots.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Joementum posted:

Shumlin, duh.

The regular Marijuana party just wants to legalize it. As for Emily Payton, well.... you kind of need to read it in its original form.

She's got my vote!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

HootTheOwl posted:

Weed smells terrible and gets in the walls to eat at my security desposit: A lesson I wish my roommates would understand. (No I didn't pick them, yes I will call the police. I warned you!)

Snitches get stitches.

Security deposits are like 200 bucks if you're splitting with roommates. If you're such a prude you're not tokin with them, just tell them to pay you your share of the deposit, then move to boring suburbs.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Talmonis posted:

What people do on the weekend, on their own time should be nobodies goddamn business.

But why would you party on sunday night? Do it fri/sat and have clean piss by monday morning.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

mooyashi posted:

If you have to weigh the political leanings of trained professionals doing their jobs you're going to have a very exhausting life

If my doctor stays in the ER i won't care about his vote. But this guy is (supposedly) running for office, so his politics are fair game.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pope Guilty posted:

Why would a sovereign citizen dude want to be part of the government? :psyduck:

So he can dismantle it then he wont have to worry about labor laws or food safety laws when he goes back to a big business job.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The white house has a fence that doesn't work, why would a border fence work?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shbobdb posted:

Clearly you don't understand inflation. If we just handed out money to everybody prices would rise. But if we give money to specific organizations that know how to spend it, we will all be richer. A rising tide lifts all boats.

We need to change it to "a rising boat lifts all tides".

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Oh good. Just in time for the NRA to put out a few final scare ads to get Republicans to the polls.

Yeah I haven't looked at polls but my hopes aren't high for the background check bill. gently caress the nra.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

DeusExMachinima posted:

IIRC 4 people have to die (not counting the shooter) for it to qualify as mass murder, according to the FBI. You're all desperately grasping at straws while gun laws are looser than ever and murders are half of what they were 20 years ago.

But oh, let's not forget about the statistically insignificant white angels. They get more melodramatic all caps reactions than black kids in Chicago. :ironicat:

Too bad we don't count murder via corporations, I wonder if they're decreasing too. (Mcdonalds, walmart, etc)

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shageletic posted:

I'm at least six pages behind, but this sentence is breath-taking.

Jesus, how can a person think like that?!

Well, rightwingers make life so hard for gays I would hope a child isn't gay, but once they're born it's already decided.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SedanChair posted:

Quarantine? More like Qur'antine.

November thread title.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

joeburz posted:

It's actually heart, then you summon Captain Reagan and he trickles down all over your welcoming, open mouth.

I just watched Clear and Present Danger last night, it's weird but funny Tom Clancy made Reagan the bad guy.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pope Guilty posted:

I'm trying to imagine a situation outside of Goldeneye or Escape From LA where the EMP isn't a secondary bonus effect which is somewhat less important than the nuclear strike which caused it.

Don't forget Ocean's 11.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Let's run the gov like a business!

Joementum posted:

Quote of the week, "White men who are in male-only clubs are going to do great in my presidency," ~ Lindsey Graham.

:gay:

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

PupsOfWar posted:

It is true.

Go ask any white person what they think has happened to crime rates over the past 20 years (they will tell you that crime rates have grown exponentially since The Age of Reagan, to the point that America is one loose lugnut from being a Mad Max dieselpunk wasteland).

Then pull up statistics and look at what has actually happened to crime rates over the past two decades (you will see a steady decline since the Age of Reagan/Reagan II).

On no account attempt to share this information with the white person, however. All federal statistics were made up by The Democrats to keep sheeple from realizing that they long ago sold the country to The Coloreds in exchange for illegal (for some reason) votes.

What about unprosecuted white collar crimes by corporations? Are they on the downswing too?

• Locked thread