Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Amused to Death posted:

Also what magically makes fresh congress people less corruptible?

A check shirt and white pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Family Values posted:

The main problem with the Senate is that it exists. Abolishing it is the only acceptable reform.

The main problem with the House is that there are too few representatives. Restore the rep:constituent ratio so that theres more interaction between them. I want my US Rep campaigning door to door.

Neither of those is as important or would do as much as fixing money and FPTP voting.

Good luck getting any of these.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"But but we were supposed to occupy Iraq forever!" :qq: -all Washington insiders

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Boon posted:

You think Gates is a hack? Huh.

He's the oiliest, most useless of insider hacks. He is personally the military industrial complex. And he's a backstabbing piece of poo poo.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

RuanGacho posted:

Imagine if hippies were in charge of the pentagon the same way republicans are in charge of making a productive government.

Gosh, how would we ever invade countries and kill innocent people.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

RuanGacho posted:

Listen Joe, be practical here, if I wanted our national security dependant on magic crystals and self absorbed meditation I'd vote Rush Limbaugh into office.

Rush takes his magic crystals in pill form though.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

When did he gain the posture of Nixon?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Camera phone in pocket, ask him what HUD is doing to implement sustainable development and fight poverty. Then ask "so is HUD following the guidelines set out by Agenda 21?" Finally, ask if he has cut all ties to the United Race Party.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Today Joe Biden visited Renton Technical College.

quote:

RENTON, Wash. (AP) - Vice President Joe Biden told a crowd at a Seattle area technical college that "the middle class is hurting" and had seen only meager wage increases in recent years.

Biden's motorcade caused traffic delays.

VP Biden’s visit bringing Seattle-area traffic to a standstill

quote:

Taking a late commute this morning? Expect to be completely stuck on Interstate 5 through Seattle because of Vice President Joe Biden’s visit.

All freeway on and off-ramps through downtown were closed around 9:45 a.m. and aren’t expected to reopen for another 15 to 25 minutes, a police source said. The source asked not to be named because police are not supposed to acknowledge Biden’s visit. They can only say that “a dignitary” is visiting Seattle Thursday.

Wednesday is enrollment day at Renton WorkSource GED study program, which partners with RTC. Thursday is assessment day. If you miss your assessment you have to wait another week to begin the program, BIDEN VISITS TECHNICAL COLLEGE, SECRET SERVICE MOTORCADE PREVENTS JOBLESS LATINOS, HOMELESS TEENS FROM BEGINNING SCHOOL :unsmigghh:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Aliquid posted:

Okay, so stupid hypothetical. Which candidates for either party would make for a truly generational election? And would the candidates chosen by both parties, no matter their age, represent a generational politics? Clinton vs. Paul jumps out at me in this scenario, as Gen X citizens are fairly likely to vote and skew conservative/libertarian. Who could run that could turn out Millennials in greater-than-Obama numbers?

What are the chances the Democratic candidate is older than the Republican candidate? What are the chances that candidate is older by a whole generation than the opponent? Correct me please, but I believe Romney is the only viable boomer Republican candidate, which signals a major coming shift in generational politics.

Irrelevant, no matter how many twenty-year olds vote republican it won't make up for their grandparents being dead.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Pohl posted:

I remember when Gore won the Presidency, that was great.
Don't start making bets yet people, we don't even know who is running.

Hillary is running, and will be President.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Hillary Clinton will be sworn in as the next President of the United States. :toxx:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Yeah, by all means let's take issue with the assertion that people in sales and marketing are aggressive dillholes with no capacity for introspection. AIM FOR VICTORY IN THE BATTLE YOUVE CHOSEN.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Amergin posted:

No, I'm showing you Reagan's policies you're vilifying, and their results which you're using as excuses to celebrate his death, are not far from Obama's, whose death I'm QUITE sure you will actually mourn.

The difference between someone whose death you'll mourn and someone whose death you'll celebrate is a loving letter by their name. THAT is my point.

No, it's the color of his skin, get it right.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'd have laughed and felt glad if Thatcher faced The Consequences prematurely. Heck I would have felt glad even if it had been after her mind was empty and she wouldn't have understood what The Consequences were for.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Rand knows that the real way to hustle in a vest is to vaguely color coordinate it with your tan pants for a full "Star Trek TNG season 2 devious scientist with a secret agenda" effect.

As a bonus, let the front of your wig rear up like a pony.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have been lied to?!

What did you think, you could hang a kettlebell on it without any consequences?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Amergin posted:

Drugs are pretty awesome if you can't seem to have fun sober.

"lolololol, you stupid"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Amergin posted:

And you're right SedanChair, for every nine worthless burned out stoners who will work at a fast food place half their lives, you'll have one brilliant Carl Sagan who would be brilliant with or without drugs, but is one of the rare people who can use drugs as a tool rather than a habitual relaxing mechanism.

Is that supposed to be a bad trade or something?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Amergin posted:

Tried it multiple times, enjoyed it well enough but then I grew up.

Tell us your opinions on that most grown-up of drugs, alcohol.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Things I enjoy are mature. Things others enjoy? Immature.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Cardigans are only libertarian if they are tightly stretched over your bulky form, causing ellipses of shirt to be revealed between your straining buttons.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Can't afford to lose hundreds of dollars="irrationally cheap"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"But I don't like vape pens" :qq:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Axetrain posted:

I haven't been able to follow politics as much as I'd like recently. Are the Dems that screwed? Is there any decent chance they will be able to hold on to the senate?

Lots of swing states, also the economy is going to crash this week.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
*Audie Cornish leans forward* Are you saying you have an old car? You could donate it to NPR.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

Its for her own protection (Bachman would be a likely target due to the district she represents)

ISIS ought to be her bodyguard, there's probably no better recruiter in the House.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Obama's like "well I wasn't going to but you told me not to. Head what in charge?"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Petr posted:

When did D&D start hating Wendy Davis? You guys are so fickle.

Everyone hates a loser.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

quote:

“So many of the Nigerians have captured my heart, sweet wonderful people. They may not be as well educated,

:stare: Louie Gohmert can't be real.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Oh my gorgeous gently caress I listened to it.

Can you imagine if one of Obama's daughters was caught on tape talking like that? Never mind that they are teenagers, for whom it would be totally normal.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
How do you take donations in gold anyway? MIGF don't pretend you don't know.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

420DD Butts posted:

How is immediately jumping into the conversation to tacitly imply that guns are not the problem after a school shooting in any way a valid or not crazy response? Or trying to minimize a bad thing because apparently being upset about school shootings means you don't care about black kids being killed in the ghetto?

Nobody does care though?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Guys don't make this more complicated than it needs to be. Satan turns you gay. He can put thoughts in your head, or appear before you in the guise of k.d. lang.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Re: Christie's quarantine AKA quaranchristie-gate:

Is "soft on Ebola" the new "pro-amnesty"?

e: Quarantine? More like Qur'antine.

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 27, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Stultus Maximus posted:

Or the existence of Frank Zappa. It does make a sort of sense, when you think about Zappa and prog being entirely intellectual with almost no understanding of how human emotions work. Very libertarian in that way.

Interesting that Huntsman is a Beefheart fan, as Beefheart was the much more sane and down-to-earth of the two.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Vote Detective Comics #69 "Double Guns" in November

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
At this point does anyone really believe that she is running for any office other than her own "office," a repurposed rec room where fat rails of coke are lined up on a nightly basis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Just standing in the middle of the room, arms akimbo and staring off into the distance cackling, with US flag themed platform shoes, nostrils caked with powder.

• Locked thread