Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

UnclePlasticBitch posted:

Obama almost always comes out looking better whenever hacks like Gates and Panetta release their tell-all memoirs trashing him for being too dovish or liberal or whatever.

You think Gates is a hack? Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SedanChair posted:

He's the oiliest, most useless of insider hacks. He is personally the military industrial complex. And he's a backstabbing piece of poo poo.

In what way? I mean, can you actually expound on this because from what I know he was actually a very effective SecDef.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
It seems like a disproportionate number of doctors, lawyers, and engineers - generally smart people, are conservative. I first noticed this when reading about the origins of Al Quaeda, and how a lot of extremists come from otherwise affluent engineering and medical backgrounds.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm watching a debate between Sen Mark Warner and his R challenger Ed Gillespie. The very first question left me wondering who the hell had coached Gillespie to ham-fistedly make attacks on Mark Warner while completely not answering the question. He was so lost in his attack that he had visibly lost steam towards the end.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BiggerBoat posted:

Who the gently caress tests positive for cocaine? That poo poo's out of your system in like a day or something.

You can actually test postive for use up to a week after but the normal time frame is 3-5 days. That's because you don't screen for cocaine, you screen for what it's metabolized as which stays in the body for longer periods.

Also, he was booted instead of swept under because you don't gently caress with the Navy's zero tolerance drug policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

comes along bort posted:

That's more because the Pentagon staffers who tell Hollywood what to write in exchange for getting to use military equipment as props pushed foreign terrorists as the bad guys.

What?

Movie villians have always followed the current flavor of the week in America's political/military enemies.

• Locked thread