Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

UNSTOPPABLE RAMMING SPEED.

I wanna see someone with an Aegis Gundam modified to have a core fighter. All he does is latch on to the other guy in Mobile Armor mode, start the self-destruct sequence, and then fly away in the core fighter. Everyone hates him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

StalkofWheat posted:

Except this tournament was held in basically the same spot as the last one. Unless Nils's particles are just that much lamer than the originals.

That Nationals table is nowhere near the size of the center table in the world tournament though.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
We have no reason to believe that two of those hexagonal Gunpla Battle System platforms create more particles when they're connected than when they're functioning independently.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's mentioned that they each have their own supply of plavsky particles (the fact that they need to be resupplied is how Nils even finds out about the Arista), so I don't see why you'd say that.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you're allowed to say your robot contains a full troop deployment of zeon soldiers that can operate independently I should be allowed to say my robot has a complement of active nuclear warheads that I can throw like javelins.

Imagination is everything.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Sharkopath posted:

If you're allowed to say your robot contains a full troop deployment of zeon soldiers that can operate independently I should be allowed to say my robot has a complement of active nuclear warheads that I can throw like javelins.

Well feel free to do that if you can actually build those. That's the point, isn't it?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Well feel free to do that if you can actually build those. That's the point, isn't it?

The secret is everything is just made of plastic.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sharkopath posted:

Except even the actual kit stores the tiny 1/144 Zeon troops inside the K9 :v:.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I put a couple parts from the GP02 on my Zssa and put reflective tape on the missiles. Boom, they're all nukes now.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

When Team Try Fighters did that metaphorical Newtype flight toward a distant star, I was hoping it wasn't all metaphor and they all end up in Arian. Look, I just want to see what sort of freaky Galapagos-type poo poo that the Gunpla Mock community on Arian has been up to.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Speaking of that, I loved how they're all just flying toward a star to make it a poetic ending, only then Sekai blows it up.

Just a perfect metaphor for the show.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Are there any robots from the franchise that are like dedicated artillery/fire support?

The zzsa is pretty close I guess and the Xamel has a big gun, but I would to know what the gundam equivalent of a katyusha truck is.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Are there any robots from the franchise that are like dedicated artillery/fire support?

The zzsa is pretty close I guess and the Xamel has a big gun, but I would to know what the gundam equivalent of a katyusha truck is.

Guncannon and Guntank?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Guncannon and Guntank?

Not enough rockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bWt81vhIyY

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Any Heavyarms variant really.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guncannon actually can replace its cannons giant fast-firing rocket launchers!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You could probably put Virtue in the artillery category as well.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
I stopped building gunpla a while back, but they're releasing a Ral Dom R35 1/44. I don't know how I will be able to help myself.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I want someone to show up with a scratchbuilt konig monster with a v-fin on and get into an argument with the IP judges

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

It's funny you say that, as in Gundam Extreme VS and it's 2 sequels so far Side 7 IS the map of choice for competitive play.

mr. stefan posted:

I want someone to show up with a scratchbuilt konig monster with a v-fin on and get into an argument with the IP judges

'Oh so the million zeta variants basically being a valky*bleep*s is ok but I can't do this? cmon meijin'

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Not enough rockets.

This is a serious problem with MSG designs in general. :(

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This is a serious problem with MSG designs in general. :(

I get minovsky particles mean you can't do guided ones, but unguided ones en masse still worked pretty well back in the day.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
make them bits instead and you can have newtype controlled nukes

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Make everything bits, add some nonsense about voodoo controlling. Also add beam coating to the bits.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

No word for the BuCUE? Dog-Zakus with literal MLRS pods on their backs?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muike posted:

make them bits instead and you can have newtype controlled nukes

Those are canonical! (well as canonical at the G-3 Gundam is at least.) The Elmeth has them in the novels.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Rewatching the last episode I noticed that there's a unit that looks like the Zephyranthes with a scaled down Albion backpack? Is that an actual kit?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Revolver Bunker posted:

Rewatching the last episode I noticed that there's a unit that looks like the Zephyranthes with a scaled down Albion backpack? Is that an actual kit?
That's one of the contest winners. I forget which contest it was from, though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That was a GP03, not a GP01. It was the winner of the model building contest. The Unicorn was the winner of the lineart coloring contest, and the Char thing was the winner of the Gundam Breaker contest.

Their direct predecessors were the Zssa mod, the red Deathscythe, and the Geara Doga Astray thing Al was piloting in episode 23 of Build Fighters.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

ImpAtom posted:

Those are canonical! (well as canonical at the G-3 Gundam is at least.) The Elmeth has them in the novels.

Yep, and they're one of the things that drives a friend of mine bugshit crazy along with the psycoframe missiles from hathaway's flash so i mention them to him as much as possible

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muike posted:

Yep, and they're one of the things that drives a friend of mine bugshit crazy along with the psycoframe missiles from hathaway's flash so i mention them to him as much as possible

I have to ask, why do they drive him crazy?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
he thinks they're dumb but it's really just because he hates hathaway's flash because it's bad and reminding him of it is bad

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
oh and it seems like a silly waste of resources i guess

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

After playing SRW for so long, I don't even blink at the idea of wasting ridiculous amounts of money in one overly elaborate attack.

Why hello there FA Unicorn, just magically blow your entire payload multiple times per battle.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muike posted:

oh and it seems like a silly waste of resources i guess

Zeon? Making silly wastes of resources? Well, I never!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

BlitzBlast posted:

After playing SRW for so long, I don't even blink at the idea of wasting ridiculous amounts of money in one overly elaborate attack.

Why hello there FA Unicorn, just magically blow your entire payload multiple times per battle.

Man, the SRW games are getting pretty flashy these days. I haven't played/looked at one since the SNES and PS2 days. :v:

Giant Enemy Cliche
Oct 10, 2012

"It was then that an ominous man stood beside me with a face of ill portent."
I know I'm a little late to the party but I just finished this up. As a 25 year old man I am a little ashamed of how excited I got at the Jigen Haoh Master reveal. Seeing the Zaku amazing again was nice. I would have killed to have Sei and Reiji Appear from the heavens though. I really like build fighters and if it stays at this quality I'd love to see more. Even if we just follow the Try fighters again. Maybe they can go to the orange islands or to johto or something.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I don't know, something about the Domon thing rubbed me the wrong way. I think I'd rather they implied it was Domon than outright say it. But that's weird, I have no problem with Ramba Ral being a recurring character.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I don't know, something about the Domon thing rubbed me the wrong way. I think I'd rather they implied it was Domon than outright say it. But that's weird, I have no problem with Ramba Ral being a recurring character.

Ramba Ral actually is a character in the show, not just a reference like Domon. Plus they had a much better, sweeter, more Gundam-y reference with the Domon cameo in season 1. And Domon's appearance in Try was tied to Jigen Haoh Ryu, the worst thing in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

boom boom boom posted:

Ramba Ral actually is a character in the show, not just a reference like Domon. Plus they had a much better, sweeter, more Gundam-y reference with the Domon cameo in season 1. And Domon's appearance in Try was tied to Jigen Haoh Ryu, the worst thing in the world.

If you want to see a show actually do the big fancy called moves right, go check out the first episode of Blood Blockade Battlefront.

• Locked thread