Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah going from like 8 to 15 will do that to literally anyone.

I was referring to her being big boned when compared to everyone else in the anime but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There was apparently an advance screening of the first episode held in a movie theater in Japan. First impressions are largely positive.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

There was apparently an advance screening of the first episode held in a movie theater in Japan. First impressions are largely positive.

So considering we are three days off, am I the only one who is hyped to everloving gently caress?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
A positive initial reaction is certainly encouraging. Here's hoping it lives up to it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Caros posted:

So considering we are three days off, am I the only one who is hyped to everloving gently caress?

I'm at the point where I'm afraid the anticipation is either going to drive me insane or make my head explode. I haven't been this psyched up for a Gundam series since the first time I saw G Gundam.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I want to see BACK-ON try to top One-Half.

Also:

Still so excited NAOKI is one of the mecha designers.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

There are screencaps floating around that seem to be from the Try ED, so be warned. Dunno where they came from.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

aers posted:

There are screencaps floating around that seem to be from the Try ED, so be warned. Dunno where they came from.

/m/ apparently has some screencaps from the OP (I think?). Only like four or five of them, but... yeah, be wary of possible spoilers. :stare:

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Episode 1 doesn't have the OP, its the ED.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Ah, that'd make sense then.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What's there to spoil in the ED/OP of a series about smashing little plastic robots?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's there to spoil in the ED/OP of a series about smashing little plastic robots?

Well...

Apparently Sekai meets up with some mysterious shadowed women later on.

That's about it, I think.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The ED screenshots were nice enough to have animator credits on the episode though so now we know there's an Obari punch.

KoB
May 1, 2009

aers posted:

The ED screenshots were nice enough to have animator credits on the episode though so now we know there's an Obari punch.

:allears:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm lazy, someone post the ED screenshots since I sure as heck don't care about what a show's ED could even spoil.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

If anyone was worried about Try, unworry

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

aers posted:

If anyone was worried about Try, unworry

According to the Gundam.info channel, it'll be up on youtube at 8PM, Japan Time. That's in thirty minutes :f5:.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7fLOQXlPmE

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Fleet of Balls!!

E: Okay, I'm really quite happy with that.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 8, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thank you gundam info for not making these videos available to my country. Despite you know, us being a territory of the US. Gotta use a proxy just to watch it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
They used a Mock for the simulation. The Chairman would be thrilled :allears:.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Non SD Musha Gundam. DW Gundam represent!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Model Damage thing's an interesting change. I'm guessing that C is the higher setting, as it was on A for the first fight and the GM Powered Cardigan seemed to be without a scratch later in the episode.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
A great start.

I love that Sei built a model inside of another model. What a nutcase.

I can't believe she wouldn't normally have a Dom in her Gunpla collection. I think you're legally required to have three just for a jet stream attack diorama.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

The Missing Link posted:

I love that Sei built a model inside of another model. What a nutcase.

I can't believe she wouldn't normally have a Dom in her Gunpla collection. I think you're legally required to have three just for a jet stream attack diorama.

Sei sealed the Build Burning inside a Dom and I wonder why.. Sekai is basically exactly what I wanted him to be. Can't wait for more.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Episode owned. The interactions between Sekai and Fumina were great. Sounds like they have the same music composer as last year, I hope so.

Also I get why the director mentioned that build knuckle was really boring and how they wanted to expand on punching things because thats all Burning Gundam is going to be doing. A full season of punching other models in different ways :black101:

Baseless speculation, time flows faster in Arian so Sekai and his sis are actually Reiji & Aila's children. :shepface:

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Oct 8, 2014

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Oh man, even the intro music is getting me pumped. Such a good soundtrack.

also hahahaha oh my god, they included a Shark-Mouth Ball inside the Ball fleet, I'm loving it already

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

First episode was great, having giant arms come out of nowhere was a pretty funny gag to put scale on the fights again.

Please let Mr. Asia be revealed as his Jigen Haoh master, I need this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nondevor posted:

also hahahaha oh my god, they included a Shark-Mouth Ball inside the Ball fleet, I'm loving it already

But no B Gundam. What a wasted opportunity.

...seriously I want that thing to appear someday, it's so ridiculous I love it.

Episode was great. Sekai's fun as hell, and I love how pumped up he got for Gunpla after watching Fumina play. It'll be fun to see how he G Gundams everything. BGM is excellent, I especially liked the song that played both times Sekai got serious.

The entire battle against the Eniac was cool, and holy poo poo the Build Burning's appearance looked insanely cool.

And we already have an interesting question: Just what is so important about the Build Burning that Sei would hide it inside a Gunpla, then hide that Gunpla inside a trophy?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blaze Dragon posted:

And we already have an interesting question: Just what is so important about the Build Burning that Sei would hide it inside a Gunpla, then hide that Gunpla inside a trophy?

Considering the trophy is at the school instead of at the family shop, it's probably a gift for anyone who could recognise it for what it was.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

He probably just wanted to pass some sort of legacy on after he graduated, and hid it in a Dom because he has good taste like that.

That was a great first episode, I loved how they did a pretty good job at characterizing Sekai as a relatively average kid who thinks gunpla battle is just the coolest thing because come on, robots fighting. So many cameos at the beginning too, that's going to take a while to sort through.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Model Damage thing's an interesting change. I'm guessing that C is the higher setting, as it was on A for the first fight and the GM Powered Cardigan seemed to be without a scratch later in the episode.

I think it's the opposite. The big battle was what Fumina fantasised about getting into, and she was playing things safe with a low model damage setting for a practice match.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
:allears: Oh Ramba Ral, why did they even let you on campus and how did you even get there?

I really like Fumina and Sekai so far, since they have a fun dynamic together. Also, I'm glad that they explained that people weren't joining the Gunpla Battle Club because of the Builders' club participating in more contests and winning more trophies. I originally thought that there was only one club and that Fumina was alone for ~reasons~.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

"It's not like he transferred from another planet or something."

Subtle, show. Real subtle.

Great first ep.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 8, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I came back to my flat for my lunch break and I had literally no idea that this was waiting for me on the internet. It owns so hard I need to watch it again before I can get my thoughts in order to talk about it. But it owns.

(I forgot to eat my lunch).

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 8, 2014

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

The Missing Link posted:

It's a BATTLE CLUB. Why don't you go join the lovely BUILDER'S CLUB if you wanna recreate scenes and not have KICK rear end FIGHTS? :black101:

I'm really glad to have this show back. Wednesdays may now be my favorite day of the week.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

OnimaruXLR posted:

It's a BATTLE CLUB. Why don't you go join the lovely BUILDER'S CLUB if you wanna recreate scenes and not have KICK rear end FIGHTS? :black101:

I'm really glad to have this show back. Wednesdays may now be my favorite day of the week.

Who needs those Tri-hard Dumbs when you can make your own custom Gunpla :smuggo:.

Nondevor posted:

:allears: Oh Ramba Ral, why did they even let you on campus and how did you even get there?

I really like Fumina and Sekai so far, since they have a fun dynamic together. Also, I'm glad that they explained that people weren't joining the Gunpla Battle Club because of the Builders' club participating in more contests and winning more trophies. I originally thought that there was only one club and that Fumina was alone for ~reasons~.

Yeah I was worried what kind of character we were going to get in Fumina, but she's been great. They did a nice job of showing her to be very capable on her own in a fight with that opening battle royal.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Everything about this is just :allears:

7 days is going to feel like forever.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I didn't really care much for GBF outside of some of the battles and the great OST, but for whatever this first episode hit all the right buttons for me. Can't wait for next week's episode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Okay so here's what I could identify:

quote:

ZGMF-515 CGUE (SEED)
FF-X7-Bst Core Booster (MSG)
NRX-044 Asshimar (Zeta)
DT-6800A Daughtress (X)
RX-160 Byarlant (Zeta)
MSN-01 Psycommu Test High Mobility Type Zaku II (MSV)
AMS-119 Geara Doga (CCA)
OZ-06MS Leo (W)
MS-14Jg Gelgoog Jäger (0080)
RGM-79 GM (MSG)
RMS-099 Rick Dias (Zeta)
RX-77-2 Guncannon (MSG)
RB-79 Ball (MSG)
RB-79K Ball Type K (08th MS)
AMX-003 Gaza-C (ZZ)
MS-21C Dra-C (0083)
RGC-83 GM Cannon II (0083)
RGM-86R GM III (ZZ)
RB-79 Ball (Shark Mouth) (MSV)
AMX-011 Zaku III (ZZ)
RGM-96X Jesta (Unicorn)
RMS-154 Barzam (Zeta)
RGZ-95C ReZEL Commander type (Unicorn)
NR-001 Balient (X)
Musha Gundam (SD)
WF-02MD Virgo II (W)
MA-06 Val Walo (0083)
RX-178 Gundam mkII (Zeta)
RMS-106 Hi-Zack (Zeta)
RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3" (MSV)
OZ-13MSX1 Vayeate (W)
MS-09B Dom (MSG)
AEU-09 AEU Enact (00)

There was a lot of stuff I either couldn't identify or was unsure of.

This one feels like it should be obvious, but I just can't figure it out. :downs:

I am pretty sure this is a Daughtress, but it's got just enough extra flourishes that it might be something else.

the gently caress is this

the gently caress is that

The GM III is obvious, the other two not so much. Green thing's shield reminds me of a Gelgoog's I guess?

I took one look at this scene and threw up my hands. The Jesta, Barzam, and Balient are obvious, but who knows with the rest. The ReZEL there is lacking the Commander type's giant gun, but it's got a green visor so I dunno!

Lastly, this mobile armor. I dunno!

• Locked thread