Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pretty sure top-left is a FLAG customized with shoulder guns.

BlitzBlast posted:

The ReZEL there is lacking the Commander type's giant gun, but it's got a green visor so I dunno!

They're probably another round of contestant winners or just random customs, so don't worry too hard about it.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

AMA-01X Jamru Fin

RX-110 Gabthley

Walter Gundam

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Bottom left is a Virgo

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

I wanna say the brown and grey unit is a Maganac unit.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
G Gundam Build fighters starts here apparently. Should be fun.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

BlitzBlast posted:

the gently caress is that

Looks like either a Gyan or Hamrabi.

Still, that episode was fun. It's encouraging, hope that they keep this up. :allears:

Caros
May 14, 2008

So that was a loving 10/10 starting episode if I've ever seen one.

Glad to see that not only did the show keep its great artistic direction, but it also kept its sense of humor between seasons. Things like Ramba Ral showing up out of nowhere, or Sekai's sister interrupting his EPIC BATTLE because he's cutting class to play with plastic toys play perfectly into what made this show fantastic in the first place. This is serious business, except, you know... they're playing with plastic toys.

quote:

Sei sealed the Build Burning inside a Dom and I wonder why.. Sekai is basically exactly what I wanted him to be. Can't wait for more.

I straight up called this while watching the episode. The Build Burning had obvious ties to Sei, and they needed a good way to give a total beginner a fantastic Gunpla from the start.

As for why it was sealed? Do I have to remind you that Sei was a total loving goon? I guarantee he hid the Build Burning inside a dom, inside a trophy so that one day some kid could find the dom, be involved in a losing battle and then have the Build Burning pop out and wreck his opponent's poo poo because it'd be :black101: as poo poo.

I don't doubt that Sei has a legendary build gundam hidden in his coffee pot at work or something just waiting to be discovered.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This is what I've been waiting for. I was hoping Fumina would have a more impressive showing, but I'll grant that the first episode is more about introducing Sekai and the build burning gundam, and she probably doesn't have anyone to practice with anyway. Also we know that the powered GM cardigan isn't going to be her final gunpla anyway.

And Mr. Ral just showing up out of nowhere like he wanders around schools looking for promising young fighters. Never change, Mr. Ral.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 8, 2014

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

BlitzBlast posted:

There was a lot of stuff I either couldn't identify or was unsure of.

the gently caress is that

The GM III is obvious, the other two not so much. Green thing's shield reminds me of a Gelgoog's I guess?

RMS-119 EWAC Zack "Eye-Zack"

MS-17 Galbaldy Alpha (probably)

RGM-122 Javelin (again, probably)

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 8, 2014

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Caros posted:

I straight up called this while watching the episode. The Build Burning had obvious ties to Sei, and they needed a good way to give a total beginner a fantastic Gunpla from the start.

As for why it was sealed? Do I have to remind you that Sei was a total loving goon? I guarantee he hid the Build Burning inside a dom, inside a trophy so that one day some kid could find the dom, be involved in a losing battle and then have the Build Burning pop out and wreck his opponent's poo poo because it'd be :black101: as poo poo.

I don't doubt that Sei has a legendary build gundam hidden in his coffee pot at work or something just waiting to be discovered.

Sei obviously has hidden legendary Gunpla scattered all over his household. Fridge? There's a Gunpla. Bathroom sink? There's a Gunpla. Ceiling fan? There's a Gunpla. Dining room table? There're at least three Gunpla in it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

StrifeHira posted:

Sei obviously has hidden legendary Gunpla scattered all over his household. Fridge? There's a Gunpla. Bathroom sink? There's a Gunpla. Ceiling fan? There's a Gunpla. Dining room table? There's at least three Gunpla in it.

Four. One in each table leg :eng101:.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I thought it looked like a Gun-EZ/Gunblastor myself, but Javelin makes sense.

Edit: "Whoever draws this legendary Gunpla from this stone shall be crowned King of Gunpla."

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

MonsieurChoc posted:

It has a different color scheme, but the actual "javelin" shot lancer weapon that's been sliced in half and floating above it is the giveaway.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

MonsieurChoc posted:

Edit: "Whoever draws this legendary Gunpla from this stone shall be crowned King of Gunpla."

Don't you mean from this Dom?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

chumbler posted:

This is what I've been waiting for. I was hoping Fumina would have a more impressive showing, but I'll grant that the first episode is more about introducing Sekai and the build burning gundam, and she probably doesn't have anyone to practice with anyway. Also we know that the powered GM cardigan isn't going to be her final gunpla anyway.

And Mr. Ral just showing up out of nowhere like he wanders around schools looking for promising young fighters. Never change, Mr. Ral.

No lie, I think I cheered the most at Mr. Ral walking upon the fight.

Caros
May 14, 2008

StrifeHira posted:

Sei obviously has hidden legendary Gunpla scattered all over his household. Fridge? There's a Gunpla. Bathroom sink? There's a Gunpla. Ceiling fan? There's a Gunpla. Dining room table? There're at least three Gunpla in it.

Of course he does.

I absolutely love the intro to the Build Burning. Its just so very Gundam, with an inexperienced pilot effectively 'falling into' control of a supremely powerful gunpla. No one would bat a loving eyelash if a series' title gundam happened to be hidden inside a different mobile suit only to be revealed late into an episode.

Fun fact: Sekai's GP base has HG(+Scratch) listed under the "Class" section, which is something you only see on heavily customized suits.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Luminaflare posted:

Don't you mean from this Dom?

Yes, I do.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
With the BBG using Wind in the fight rather than Fire like the HG kit's been advertised having, I'm curious to see if Bandai will try to flog extra effect parts for Wind (along with Water and Earth if they turn up).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

With the BBG using Wind in the fight rather than Fire like the HG kit's been advertised having, I'm curious to see if Bandai will try to flog extra effect parts for Wind (along with Water and Earth if they turn up).

Hopefully they'll manage to put their hearts into it as well.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I've been waiting all morning to finally get a chance to sit down and watch this.

God drat that was worth the wait. :allears:

I love how Sekai is basically what happens when you mix Reiji with Domon Kasshu. Seriously, look at this kid: introduced searching for his older sibling by showing people a photo, was off on a martial arts training trip with his master for a long time, used the Meikyo Shisui to block Mantis Man's sword with his suit's bare hands... I can't wait to see what he can do once he gets a chance to actually put the Build Burning Gundam through its paces. :swoon:

Fumina's also pretty cool. I love her enthusiasm and her earnestness; she doesn't just want to build models to put on a shelf, she wants to be a Gundam character because she genuinely loves Gundam. Even though she was rescued by Sekai during the fight, and even though she got eliminated from that Battle Royale at the start, she certainly seems capable. Also, I was amused by the decoy balloons she deployed during the Battle Royale sequence; that was a nice touch and nod to UC-era battle tactics.

I'm also really interested in finding out why China's little brother turned into such a jerkass.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
One thing I do like is that Sekai, even with his martial arts skills, isn't able to evade Yuuma's sniper shots, and that the battle ended inconclusively with both suits about to strike each other. Since this is supposed to be a team of three it's nice to see some acknowledgement that the others can keep up with Sekai, at least for now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I dont think so, fire and wind go hand in hand. The idea would be that he's the wind that spreads burning gundams fire. But they aint going to start off doing cool poo poo like that till we start having real fights.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That opening theme to crown the appearance of Build Burning was quite possibly everything I could have hoped for and more.

This season's already lookin' pretty good. :black101:

Also, you guys are overlooking the obvious reason Sei double-hid the Gunpla: Anyone can pick an overpowered-looking gunpla and stomp faces with it, it's like the nerdiest 'test of worthiness' - put it in a grunt suit like the Dom, so it goes to someone who loves the aesthetics and doesn't necessarily have to pick the most 'Must-Win' looking gunpla.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Just watched the first episode and I love it. Between this and Reconquista, we have two wonderful gundam shows this season. :allears: Thank you, sunrise.

W.T. Fits posted:

I love how Sekai is basically what happens when you mix Reiji with Domon Kasshu. Seriously, look at this kid: introduced searching for his older sibling by showing people a photo, was off on a martial arts training trip with his master for a long time, used the Meikyo Shisui to block Mantis Man's sword with his suit's bare hands... I can't wait to see what he can do once he gets a chance to actually put the Build Burning Gundam through its paces. :swoon:

I find it funny how the pilot of not-really-a-reference to the god gundam has so much similarities to Domon. From introduction of beating up some punks and asking about the whereabouts of your sibling to the Meikyo Shisui to the loud roar from the gunpla. I won't be satisfied until we get a Erupting Finger from him. Never change Rambal Ral, never change.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

sunburnedcrow posted:

Just watched the first episode and I love it. Between this and Reconquista, we have two wonderful gundam shows this season. :allears: Thank you, sunrise.

I find it funny how the pilot of not-really-a-reference to the god gundam has so much similarities to Domon. From introduction of beating up some punks and asking about the whereabouts of your sibling to the Meikyo Shisui to the loud roar from the gunpla. I won't be satisfied until we get a Erupting Finger from him. Never change Rambal Ral, never change.

There's no way that they aren't going out of their way to make Sekai as much of a walking reference to G Gundam/Domon Kasshu as possible, I mean, this is Build Fighters we're talking about.

e: Also I need a good screenshot of the Build Burning so I can change my avatar. Because yeah, it's worth it.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 8, 2014

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Is that supposed to be Tatsuya at the beginning there? He looks so strange without an overplayed hairstyle.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Irisize posted:

Is that supposed to be Tatsuya at the beginning there? He looks so strange without an overplayed hairstyle.

Not having the ghost of the second Meijin haunting him and Settling down with Allen really seemed to mellow him out.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Fumina needs to make Seikai watch G Gundam so he'll do the Shining Finger. Also, he totally needs like, the G Gundam's wings on his back.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Gammatron 64 posted:

Fumina needs to make Seikai watch G Gundam so he'll do the Shining Finger. Also, he totally needs like, the G Gundam's wings on his back.

That's what the god booster kit is going to be for. So all your gunpla can burn with intensity and victory.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Revolver Bunker posted:

That's what the god booster kit is going to be for. So all your gunpla can burn with intensity and victory.

Hell yeah. Just cram the G Gundam's core fighter on the Build Burning's back and then it's perfect.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
This is set for 2-cour like the first series, right?

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Hell yeah. Just cram the G Gundam's core fighter on the Build Burning's back and then it's perfect.

Why stop there. Love love SekiHa Tenkyoken for the final episode please.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I will never be able to get over how amazing the music for these plastic model fights is.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Really liked the episode, looks like BF hasn't lost its touch.

also apparently Doms are now sold out on all the big sites. Oh build fighters, you money making machine you. :allears:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Monaghan posted:

Oh build fighters, you money making machine you. :allears:

Given that it showed up in the simulator, I'm genuinely hoping Bandai releases a kit for the Mock. :allears:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Given that it showed up in the simulator, I'm genuinely hoping Bandai releases a kit for the Mock. :allears:

The fact that one of those popped up was probably the highlight of the episode for me.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Monaghan posted:

Oh build fighters, you money making machine you. :allears:

Last year you couldn't find any of the featured models in stores, even local ones after the show aired. I'm imagining the suits at Bandai with just wide eye'd spooked faces when stores started calling for more Gyans.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Aww yiss. That was an amazing start.
Just as visceral as S1, if not more.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm also really interested in finding out why China's little brother turned into such a jerkass.

I hope it's something really dorky and lame like "Sei stole my sister away screw you Gunpla Battle club:qq::qq:" mostly because it'd be a nice twist on the Cool and Stylish character type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

He got beat by Sazaki and swore off fighting forever :v: ?

• Locked thread