Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm also really interested in finding out why China's little brother turned into such a jerkass.

I hope it's something really dorky and lame like "Sei stole my sister away screw you Gunpla Battle club:qq::qq:" mostly because it'd be a nice twist on the Cool and Stylish character type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Allow me to be the brave person who's optimistic that Fumina will succeed where season 1's females failed. I think she has a good start to her character arc, and I think she will murder everything in an adorably broken sd gunpla. I'm looking forward to all of this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I chalk it up to Fumina being more Char-esque and Builder Club guy being more of a Kamille; Fumina may not be the best builder but she's a darned good pilot. President dude can build like a mofo but is probably just above average at piloting. I try to keep in mind that Fumina was trying to cover for Sekai, who she thought was going to get completely obliterated. If she wasn't trying to cover for the guy I think she'd have put up a good fight against President Man.

I never got the vibe that the President was some kickass super threat, is what I'm saying.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I sure do love Gundam shows. Yep.

Fumina will probably be the driving force for me on this show. Sekai is funny, I'm sure he'll play off well with Yuuma, but Fumina's energy about everything is great. Also hilarious is her totally missing out on Yuuma's gushing over Mirai. Oh Fumina, you have a tall mountain to climb.:allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That episode was fun as hell from start to finish. 10/10

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think it's great Blue Destiny got a chance to make an appearance.:allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Both BD units showed up in the first season, animated even. 02 tried to punch 01 but got clocked instead because the 02 was using 1/100th arms. If I was home I'd post a gif of it I have.

More BD. Always more. I don't know why I love the thing, might have something to do with how much I love the Gouf, but the Blue Destiny rules.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Missing Link posted:

The strength of five gorillas! But why so short?

We're so far away from an Adrienne Barbeau Gundam, and it breaks my heart.:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nice episode. It was an over-the-top "behold the results of our training" episode, but it was still fun. Yuuma is taking things serious, Sekai has already improved one of his biggest weaknesses, and Fumina's Winning Gundam looks cool and cute. I expect she'll probably be able to get the team to overcome whatever shenanigans they face next episode.

Liking this show a lot still!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked this episode, I liked how Fumina was the turning point of the fight. You can say "Well Yuuma and Sekai killed their dudes" and you would be right, but that wouldn't have happened if Fumina hadn't thrown their opponents for a loop. Until Fumina separated into smaller parts, things were not going in Team Try Fighters' favor. It was her actions, her plan, and her parts that won the day. I will admit, in my heart of hearts, that I do regret that the show won't be Mirai/Fumina/Gyanko tearing stuff up. That would be overkill, and pandering in an odd way, but it'd still be fun to watch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am laughing, but I am also crying. That's terrible.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That episode was loving fun, and weird in the best ways.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

My life is complete.:swoon:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Level Slide posted:

This is protagonist. You will like protagonist because it is protagonist. Why do you not like protagonist?

Sekai is Roman Reigns, my God.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
2 on 2 was great, mega super hyper winning beam was loving awesome and Fumina has hotter blood than any male on the show, goddamn.

Shame this show chose Sekai as its main. Everything would have worked better with another duo at the helm instead of forcing three.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to see Sekai's master next episode. gently caress the third season, answer the tease now Japan.:mad:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sharkopath posted:

Try was doomed from the start when instead of giving the big bonkers to the hot mom and idol lady the planning committee decided to put big honkers on the 12 year olds.

At least they toned the boob-age a little bit around the halfway point of the season.

Fumina really should have been the main character. She had a motivation you can actually write around, PLUS you can still have the crazy rookie dude Sekai on the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

muike posted:

TIGER VS D-....Phoenix?

I guess they're going for the four symbols of China? Really only works if you've got the dragon and turtle along with the other two.

• Locked thread