Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

If that's the case Nils will have to show up in the Sengoku Astray with the Power Loader kitted out to look like a larger Astray.

Sengoku Astray Powered with 150m sword or bust :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

aers posted:

The ED screenshots were nice enough to have animator credits on the episode though so now we know there's an Obari punch.

:allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

chumbler posted:

Tallgexia.

Tall Gamazing

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Sekai's master being Domonby would be the most amazing thing and I hope it happens.

I mean, Sekai starts off the show with the Domon "have you seen the person in this picture."

KoB
May 1, 2009

Eej posted:

Trying to matchmake your kid is like the most Asian mom thing ever and I don't think any of the kids think of them as bros.

Especially when theyre like 10. 12. whatever.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

What surprises me is how destructive Sekai's moves get, to the point of creating a goddamn hurricane centered on him.

His moves were not made for Gunpla, they were made for humans. Just how drat strong is the Jigen Haoh style? If it can cause even a bit of the destruction it does when it's used by a human...then Sekai's even more G Gundam than I gave him credit for, and I thought he was really G Gundam. Which is a good thing, G Gundam is great.

My theory is that Jigen Haoh style is a gunpla style and Sekai is just dumb and doesnt know that/Master forgot to mention it.

I also hope that Mirai also trained in Jigen Haoh style and whoops his rear end at one point.

KoB
May 1, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

which would in turn be a great excuse for Fumina and/or Yuuma to teach Sekai about repairing his model after a battle in the next episode.

They probably dont want to do that episode yet, thats all.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Plus endorsements, and Sei's dad probably makes mad bank as a vaguely-defined Gundam Secret Agent Cop.

They prefer Gunpla Interpol.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Alternately China's gunpla appears to be mass produced so maybe she's swimming in Gunpla Money and Sei just mooches off her.

If BF's world is anything like ours, Bandai would pump out HGs of the Build Strike, so Sei should be rich too.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

It's, actually really good and cool.

:agreed:

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I don't really think something being out of place is inherently good. Part of why I liked the first season fights is that it had a lot of emphasis on the many different parts of battle, including planning, preparation and the limits and strengths of their suits. Sekai's magical kung-fu sidesteps a lot of that (so far) in a way that not even Nils' magical kung-fu did.

I'm hoping they realize this and don't play it out, but on the other hand the Build Knuckle in Season 1 kinda ran into a similar problem.

The first season already did those things, maybe we're only 4 episodes in and theyre going to do something different?

KoB
May 1, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

I liked Katsuhisa Houki as Ral. Yeah, he's got an issue with sounding like he smoked a gorillion cigarettes, but it works for the character. Hopefully, he'll slide into the role and not be too jarring down the line.

That said, I am looking forward to Team Totally Not Dragonar next week and how they perform.

Hes no Ral (35 years old) but hes still pretty good. Definitely didnt do the jokey bits as good.

KoB
May 1, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Well the expo's started. The two big surprises were the Hi Nu Gundam Vrabe and Wing Zero Fire from the sidestories. Nothing new from BF Try as of yet except

a better look at the Gundam Amazing Red Warrior, our mysterious title screen robot. It's... kind of dull, actually. Hopefully that's for easier animation.

G-Reco got a lot of stuff announced though.

I swear to god if we get through a whole 2nd season of this without the Turn A-mazing Im gonna lose it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ka0 posted:

Disappointed the Zakrello wasn't on the race.

I loved that the Zakrello had that guy on it from the first season.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Hopefully its just an even more ridiculous Red Frame.

Like 6 arms and the 150m Sword.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

I'm actually pretty sure you can't see or hear anything that happens outside of your cockpit, which explains how communications blackouts can work.

Im pretty sure it works however the plot requires it to, people outside have definitely talked with people inside.

KoB
May 1, 2009

I love the little tie clip.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair, it seems like the Gunpla world as a whole is completely full of scrublords and BF classic was just an unusual situation where there were a boatload of unexpected skilled players.

Since then nobody (including Sei and Fellini) has been able to defeat the Gunpla Academy students and we have dudes who win by having a shitpile robot 3v1 their enemies or who win only as long as the random field gets them a water match. Seems like as of Try the average skill level in the Gunpla Arena is rock-bottom.

Sei fought against full on adults, literally anyone. Try is all about middleschoolers.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I think we can all agree that the best part of the episode was Meijin yelling "GO!" when he drove off.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Given the Satellite cannon it actually sort of makes sense that the moon should be a viable target to remove something like that from play.

Not even the Twin Satellite Cannon or the Twin Buster Rifle should have the firepower to even dent the moon, so thats just silly.

And therefore Im ok with it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

TARDISman posted:

He just shows up to the finals with his insane mind control glasses from season 1 and a Frame Arms Thrudgelmir.

:kamina:

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, it totally would. I'm mostly joking!

Although it'd be hilarious if they just made up completely ridiculous fake Gundam shows though. Heroic Ursine Squadron Bearguy and Sengoku Defense Robot ASTRAY.

Yeah, They should make fake shows based on the previous tournament champions. :allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

You know there'd be a reality show about the world's worst Gunpla builders (while Sakai tries to help them while failing to adequately explain what they're doing wrong or even to express himself). I just picture a scene where his hands are a blur and he finishes an entire RG in 30 seconds and then asks, "Now, do you see what you're doing wrong?"

That snap-built victory kit review from the Gunpla thread with all the flash hanging off it would be a season 1 entrant. I love that thing. :allears:

Hell's Gunpla? I'd watch it.

KoB
May 1, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Also

three GN drives. :allears:

Godannar Gunpla Triple Drive

KoB
May 1, 2009

Warmachine posted:

If only G Bits hadn't been used last season...

Exia Bits. I am all the Gundams.

We are Gundam.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

BFT's supposed to have them now. They said they were allowed to use the G-Reco designs, it's just none have turned up yet.

The shows started at the exact same time, what the gently caress do you expect. Theyve probably already got plenty to do without trying to get mech specs and abilities from Tomino before either show airs. Now that theyre both well into the swing of things, it makes more sense.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It was Red Warrior's Destiny. :getin:

Thats just prime.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Sei is obviously number 3 on team Meijin.

Also they said this anime was just the Nationals way before the show even started. Its been planned like that from the beginning.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He retweets bandai's announcement that the model is in the planning stages and goes "What is this...Tryon 3 apparently has a sword...I dont understand..."

I'm pretty sure he's just loving with people, his comment has been retweeted more than the actual bandai tweet.

The spec page during the episode showed the sword.

KoB
May 1, 2009

The Muffinlord posted:

So what's the deal with Lady Meijin's pant leg and why would you ride a motorcycle like that?

Shes trying to be cool like Ryuune but cant because shes not 80s enough.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Can you imagine if you could put the Getter dudes in Tryon 3 :allears::allears::allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Blackchamber posted:

Fellini treated his gunpla like a partner, and in his origin story montage we see him as a kid holding it up over his head while he pretended it was flying. He loves gunpla, and became a fighter.

Yeah, I dont know how you could watch the original season and not see Fellini as loving gunpla.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Try isnt as good as Season 1, but any season with Tryon 3 is ok by me.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

And yet it would still be better than what you decided to post now.

Why are you getting mad that he didnt get mad? This thread is so terrible.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Next season should just be Sei and Mejin broing out being huge Gundam nerds.

e: really it should just be an episodic show about Mejin going around inspiring people by being really hammy and then driving off on his motorcycle.

GO!

KoB
May 1, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

Build Burning can literally do anything. The pilot just needs to have imagination, to believe in the freedom of gunpla, and to not accept any limits.

The real secret was that Sei put the Lambda Driver in the Burning.

KoB
May 1, 2009

muike posted:

stop making me want sosuke instead of sei, i already wish that was the case

Even Al is a better character than Sekai.

KoB
May 1, 2009

muike posted:

That's not fair because Al is actually a cool character that isn't just beep boop logic robot, but you don't really get to see much of it in the anime...

If you haven't read FMP sigma or the book where this scene is in, I won't spoil it for you but if you don't tear up before the Levatein's final assault you're a monster

And the climax of the island assault: Computers can't operate the Lambda driver. They can regulate values but not make it work. The interface is destroyed and Sosuke is about to be at the epicenter of a nuclear explosion. After asking Sosuke if Al is a human/person, Sosuke tells him to do what all humans do and decide for himself. Al sustains a lambda driver barrier until rescue arrives. Al is cool.

Yeah I was talking about Sigma, Al is legitimately like my favorite character in that. The ending was so good.

I thought it was that the Lambda Driver is controlled by imagination, which an AI shouldnt be able to do because beep boop logic. But then he does :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is it me, or did they really regress Sakai's character for that? He got into the team spirit and showed Yuuma respect and admired Fuumina, which makes sense given his deal and the inventiveness behind the (Star) Winning. Now he's an entitled bitch again, plus they made him a creep, so he could lose to Yumma's Zeta with Destiny bits. He didn't even start with a (sort of) non-Gundam this time.

Guess it's okay that Gyanko's happy, if not with Sekai, and who gives a poo poo about him? His new Gunpla is pretty cool though, even if it doesn't represent any advancement on his part. Sasaki III making frenemies with boxer-dudes plot-cancer brother was nice.

What's Karima even supposed to have done wrong? He build a bitching MA, I guess from scratch, what is he have supposed to have done to deserve the criticism from creepy hand-holding triplets? Guy seems to get a bum deal.

Gyanko deserves better than Sekai anyway :colbert:

• Locked thread