Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sasaki's sister has Gyan shields for hair pieces :allears:

I also found this while looking for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ActionZero posted:

I still can't work out, is Sazaki's sister also the one who was fangirling over him in the epilogue of BF or was that some other random girl?

I think its this girl but her hair color doesn't match. She's grown a lot in the last 7 years.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah going from like 8 to 15 will do that to literally anyone.

I was referring to her being big boned when compared to everyone else in the anime but yeah.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thank you gundam info for not making these videos available to my country. Despite you know, us being a territory of the US. Gotta use a proxy just to watch it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Episode owned. The interactions between Sekai and Fumina were great. Sounds like they have the same music composer as last year, I hope so.

Also I get why the director mentioned that build knuckle was really boring and how they wanted to expand on punching things because thats all Burning Gundam is going to be doing. A full season of punching other models in different ways :black101:

Baseless speculation, time flows faster in Arian so Sekai and his sis are actually Reiji & Aila's children. :shepface:

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Oct 8, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

With the BBG using Wind in the fight rather than Fire like the HG kit's been advertised having, I'm curious to see if Bandai will try to flog extra effect parts for Wind (along with Water and Earth if they turn up).

I dont think so, fire and wind go hand in hand. The idea would be that he's the wind that spreads burning gundams fire. But they aint going to start off doing cool poo poo like that till we start having real fights.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Monaghan posted:

Oh build fighters, you money making machine you. :allears:

Last year you couldn't find any of the featured models in stores, even local ones after the show aired. I'm imagining the suits at Bandai with just wide eye'd spooked faces when stores started calling for more Gyans.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Irisize posted:

He probably got beat up by Sei so many times in practice that he just lost interest and gave up.

Living in the shadows of your sister's boyfriend would be a pretty cool demotivating factor considering he's the cool headed pretty boy type. Specially when your sister's boyfriend is an awkward gundam nut.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Not a bad first episode but it's really unfortunate that Fumina is already clearly doomed to do nothing of worth. She gets one okay fight at the start and then is wrecked and proceeds to spend the entire rest of the episode losing humiliatingly, including getting effortlessly wrecked by a guy who isn't even in the battle club. Next episode is also clearly going to be the Boys Fighting again which means she's once again not going to do anything.

No she didn't. According to the episode her team hasn't ever gotten past the first round. There's no reason to buy anyone there was a top-tier badass.

Edit: I also admit that it's extra disappointing because this would be pretty great if it was just Mecha-Chihayafuru instead, but BF isn't willing to make Fumina a character like Chihaya.

She was basically solo vs like 20 people and her only regret was not having people there fighting with her.

Honestly out of all the main characters in the show, Fumina is the most likely to develop into being much stronger than she is right now because Sekai and Fuuma are both geniuses. The episode wasn't really meant to showcase her or her potential growth. Its just there to introduce her dilemma and the rest of the characters. Second episode will be to go in depth with red and blue oni and then the third will probably be their first big trio fight.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

There is no way she can be Aila 2.0 because Fumina hasn't really been shown to completely chump world level players in 3 seconds. If anything she'll be the shows Sei, good but not perfect that actually improves as the show goes on. Except she'll be more visible because she'll constantly be fighting whereas Sei suddenly just got good.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You remember when I mentioned Chihayafuru above? The main character of that, Chihaya, literally does everything you mentioned while also being a talented and skilled player. Why should I bet impressed by a female lead who is like her but playing second fiddle to two male leads?

Chihaya is a genius. She's biologically superior when compared to the vast majority of the people she plays against. She's the heart, soul and muscle of the karuta club. Basically a one man army.

If you took her and put her in place of Fumina she would have wiped the floor with the president. Having the senses to know exactly what he was going to do before the gunpla even reacted because she heard him switching weapons from her terminal. She'd be Aila essentially. Except of course with actual determination from the start to become stronger at something she loves vs not even wanting to do it but having to because she needs to eat.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 9, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lets wait till the second or third episode to actually reach these conclusions. Ep 2 is clearly a 2 on 2 so we can see if she actually does anything of note there.

Also Im betting that Yuuma is going to be sidelined harder than Fumina just because everything about his and his mechs design scream support strategist. He's going to be the back row fighter while Fumina and Sekai hold things down.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

chumbler posted:

I hope Yuuma turns out to be just a huge loving goony goon.

He quit fighting in gunpla battles because his sister left for france. He's a siscon.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Spoilers SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!

Mirai becomes a pilot at one point, uses the white "Bearguy F", apparently Yuuma helps in its construction

Also spoilers for the intro

http://i.imgur.com/O59C4JH.png
http://i.imgur.com/rhsztFy.png

e- Is Sekai's master female Domon or are those his arms/shoulder? Looks like a bow at the end of the chest area

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 11, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

John Carstairs posted:

That information is also up on the official (Japanese, at least) site. I'm not sure how much of a surprise it's supposed to be. :v:

Thats where I got it. The images for the OP are leaked though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SALT CURES HAM posted:

She's probably just a composite of all the main cast of G Gundam.

This would be hilarious since we all know that this being Gundam Valhalla they already exist as reincarnations. If its the case then all that hot blood that was lost became its own being and thats who the master is

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

As long as you like fun characters, robots punching themselves into pieces and good music you'll enjoy this show. There were a lot of my friends that didn't watch gundam regularly and only knew the faintest tropes the series had and still enjoyed it a ton.

Of course if they do another gundam valhalla episode you'll miss like 90% of the fun in it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Man I am so anxious for the next episode to be out you would not believe

Yeah, out of all the shows this season this is the one that I want more episodes to be out for already. Wednesdays are the best days.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Episode owned. Best gundam show this season. Also I cant wait for the soundtrack...again.

The characters dynamics are just so fun man. They are pretty cliche but its just so fun.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean its obvious they are drawing inspiration from G gundam and thought it was under represented in build fighters. Just look at the school emblem in the loving kenpogi.

Its

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 15, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I came here to post the exact opposite.

She got taken out by an unexpected gimmick and needed to be rescued from Captain Grabbyhands. The only way she 'finished off the Agrissa" was by shooting it after Sekai already tore it to pieces and it was helpless.

You have severe issues with build fighters.

She was clearly dominating him and her strategy was the reason that allowed them to be in a dominant position in the first place. She got captured sure, but she still was trying to escape and continued to fight after she was let go.

e- seriously take a few step back, she's shown more drive and agency in two episodes than the rest of the cast.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

She wasn't clearly dominating him. His cockpit wasn't even yellow yet. He pulled out his secret weapon and she was helpless. She also 'continued to fight' by struggling while her robot exploded and then getting an entirely perfunctory shot on an already defeated enemy.

He was driven to the point that he had to use his illegal trump card. If the fight continued as it was before he used it she would have beaten him. That it the definition of being in a "dominant" position, a position of superiority.

Seriously you come off as a major :qq: in this thread when it comes to the female characters specially when Fumina is so far the best out of the 3 protagonists.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

His 'trump card' was illegal in tournament regulations, but not there and he pretty obviously came into the match knowing that and build his Gunpla to take advantage of that. He even says as much.Sekai even says that Yuu's excuse for helping her is him hiding his real reason (because he wants to play Gunpla Battle with her.)

Considering that tricks, gimmicks and special abilities are the name of the Gunpla Battle game, it's pretty dishonest to go "no, see, this time it doesn't count, he was cheating" in a series where magical kung-fu and a Gunpla hidden inside a second Gunpla are legitimate tactics.

Because I want to like Build Fighters more than I do but it has extremely serious issues with allowing its female characters to do anything in combat.

The fight followed championship regulations, hence why they did a 3 on 3. They spent a few minutes going over that the reason why they were being challenged is because they couldn't even field a group to go to the nationals.

You are being irrationally sensitive to Fumina to the point that its hampering your enjoyment of the show. You probably would be having a field day if she cried on every episode. (Im calling you the broken loose of this thread)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

I just realized a grown rear end man beat a child in a game of gundam fight and gloated about it.

This is a show where grown rear end men get beaten by children 99/100 times. Its probably an achievement :v:

e-Thinking about it Yuu with his glasses and cool demeanor initially gave me vibes that he was going to be the brains of the team but I dont think thats going to be the case. He's going to be deep covert pervert of the group like Neji (springtime type). Explains his reaction to Sekai's sister and why he goes trough the trouble of making her a suit

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 15, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Winning gundam is mentioned on the official site to be Fumina's post nationals mech. So if like last season it would be a mid season upgrade. The fist does have Fumina's color scheme so it could be either winning or just something she makes for Sekai.

Intro/Outro's in this show shouldn't really be considered for much because from last season you couldn't discern anything of worth from them. Like you'd see a lot of characters in them just to have them get owned in a few seconds, sometimes off screen.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zedd posted:

Fumina is cool but she and Sekai's sister once again confirm that anime has issues with making female character designs (for "teenagers")

Mirai isn't even that popular right now, her shtick is pretty common (Which is why I liked when she tells her bro to use his fist to make the emo understand). Fumina and Gyanko(of all characters) are way more popular than her right now. I can understand Fumina with her stupid spandex clothing being popular but Kaoruko is a mystery.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm expecting his Master to turn out to be their mother, to be honest. Just because it looks like both Sekai and his sister seem to have the same ethos about regular exercise.

Considering that only noticeable exclusion to this seasons formula is kick rear end moms then yeah this would be the best option.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Tatsuya showed up in episode 1 awarding Yuuma his prize. I bet Yuuki just had to make a team of Meijins to keep up with the rule changes.

Tatsuya and the Meijin are different people, didnt you see that part in season one? :v:

I can see him being retired as a Meijin but not as the head of corporation and placing someone else in the position. Julian + Allan + New Meijin/Woman might consist of their team.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eri was pretty great for having like 3 lines in the episode

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ActionZero posted:

Sekai took off the legs from one side with one kick. Fumina's chaingun ripped the main body and other side's legs to shreds.

You dont get it, the woman only got to that point because the men had soften it up. (Completely disregards that she had left the guy on the ropes, unarmed and without any other option but to resort to a move that would have gotten him banned in a tournament)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Literally the broken loose of Gundam Build Fighters- Three Times the Passion of Ordinary Gunpla thread.

e-

Fumina is a bad girl.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 15, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yosuke posted:

This show makes me actually work on my backlog. Waiting for paint to dry now, but basically after it ended I went back to work on the MG Hi Nu I got recently.

Anyone else get the same feeling?

I think a lot of people get that feeling because this series are made so that you buy more plastic. Its like a video form of basilisks.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wonder if the chimera gundam was a bandai decision to clear off spare parts from other kits.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It has wheels!? :stare:

I dont know if he's just retweeting something someone did or what. Looks so out of place.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also the winning gundam has a flight mode and it looks ugly as sin.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The only good that'll ever come of that design is that it might include a flyby mech beheading with that razor shield at the bottom.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, Rinko was a cool mom. Sure she didn't care about plastic toys like her husband and son but she had her mind in the right place. "I need to get these two nerds together or else my son is going to end up living in my house for the rest of my life."

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You cant see it in those pics but the Winning is a whole lot bigger than the fist. Like its not even close. The fist would have to be larger than the Burnings entire torso and much thicker than it too boot.

If its not an additional armament thats made for it in particular, then its chunks of the outer yellow/green armor from the Winning with its backpack making the fingers.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

chumbler posted:

Just to pre-empt this, can we all agree not to get bent out of shape when our heroes (including Fumina) inevitably get chumped in their first team battle because they have no idea how to work as a team? Because there's no way that's not going to happen since that's how these stories work.

If they get chumped it will be by an all woman team so it would take some pretty awesome mental gymnastics to get mad about ":qq: Girls aren't allowed to do anything of value in BF :qq:". I dont think it would happen anyways unless mr blue decides to go emo and disregard strategies or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ActionZero posted:

How awesome would it be now if they throw us a complete curveball and Gyanko becomes part of the series' main rival team.

It could go either way really. Kaoruko is second only to Fumina in popularity and she hasn't even had an episode yet. The entire thing being three on threes means they really cant have a lot of throw away characters because the cast would absolutely balloon and the director has already mentioned that he wouldn't bring in a lot of the characters from s1 because the cast is already huge as it is.

Is there a way to see how popular a show outside of tv ratings? It seems that s2 is way more popular than s1 right now, with like 1/5th of the pixiv contributions that BSs1 had in only 2 episodes with barely any of the supporting/antagonists (and their gunpla) cast being revealed yet.

• Locked thread