Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

MonsieurChoc posted:

I thought it looked like a Gun-EZ/Gunblastor myself, but Javelin makes sense.

Edit: "Whoever draws this legendary Gunpla from this stone shall be crowned King of Gunpla."

Don't you mean from this Dom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Khisanth Magus posted:

I would have loved to see a Tallgeese Amazing.

Tallgeese 4majin

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

ninjewtsu posted:

Also an interesting thing brought up earlier in The Discussion That Shall Not Be Repeated was that it's a big deal that the building club president knocked the poo poo out of Fumina, but actually he must be fairly good himself. He said that the whole reason he challenged them to a fight was so he could win and use that to get the fight club dissolved, so even though he apparently hates gunpla battle he must be practicing in secret or something, or else he wouldn't be so confident in his ability to win for his plan to work. I wonder if we'll get to see anything related to that, or if he'll be in any more battles after he's beaten once. Maybe he's the new Sazaki?

I'd imagine that the club would probably turn damage off and have dramatic battle re-enactments or use the damage for easy weathering.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Did anyone else notice the Build Burning docking with what appears to be the Winning Gundam transformed in to a giant fist during the OP?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

W.T. Fits posted:

Episode rocked, fight was awesome, new OP kicks all kinds of rear end. (New OP is called Cerulean.)

Also, trying to discern what the hell it was that chumped Yuuma's Airmaster in the cold opening:

I can see the wings from the Deathscythe Hell Endless Waltz version and two of the extendable arms are from the Nataku... and I cannot for the life of me make out anything else in that horrid kitbash. :psyduck:

I'm calling it the "Kitbash Hell Custom" until we get an actual name for it.

I think it's likely based off of either this or this. Probably both.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

A few things I noticed when looking at the screen capture from the opening and the pic of the Winning Gundam.

edit: Also why it only has one gun would make sense with the gun being the thumb.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You cant see it in those pics but the Winning is a whole lot bigger than the fist. Like its not even close. The fist would have to be larger than the Burnings entire torso and much thicker than it too boot.

If its not an additional armament thats made for it in particular, then its chunks of the outer yellow/green armor from the Winning with its backpack making the fingers.

I think it's just the core booster sans the V fin, wings, arms, legs etc.

edit: Actually looking at the official line art that's the center torso of the winning gundam. I'll throw together another mock up because I love this loving show and speculating about plastic robots.

edit2:

Also on a tangentially related note, the wings on the actual core of the core booster are still folded in during it's flight mode.

Luminaflare fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 16, 2014

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Green Intern posted:

I think you're going to be disappointed with the newest episode...

Edit: How lucky for the swim team that they fought in an arena with a large body of water! I am sure their luck will continue.

They're totally going to end up against the Try Fighters in a space field and reveal some sort of space mode.

I'd like to know what they'd do in something like the forest or city fields.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

So, judging by the preview the Build Burning is actually going to be burning next episode.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Has anyone else noticed how powerful the Winning's head vulcans are compared to a 'normal' suit where they're just used for shooting down missiles or whatever.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Although it would be weird to not have some sort of upgrade to the main suits. I think it's most likely that the Build Burning will just get some sort of booster pack and the lightning getting utterly destroyed just before the quarter finals requiring Yuuma to show his true building genius.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I really hope they put out a kit of that custom Turn A.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I'd like to think the Meijin glasses are at this point also some sort of Google glass-esque things which always tells them where people aren't enjoying Gunpla enough.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

nuru posted:

This needed to be given more facetime.

Kyrios using trans-am and still getting wasted is pretty faithful to 00 :smug:. I hope this is the only episode where they just annihilate their opponents to show off their new gunpla though. The power disparity in 15 was ridiculous.

Also I only just realized the reference of trans-am's red hue and making the suits 3 times faster.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

No idea how you actually embed youtube in to a post but here's the newest episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcyas4ux6ho

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Field 4, MOUNTAIN!

I love the new battle voice.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

You do realize there's an edit button?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I hope Bandai go on to make <series>: Build Racers or Build Flyers set in the BF universe at some point. Take full advantage of being able to make plastic models move.

Fake edit: Build Tanks

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

boom boom boom posted:

the Re-GZ is not a Gundam.

Which stands for Refined Gundam Zeta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare