Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wait, where was this analysis when the Dom got pierced through the chest to reveal the Burning Gundam....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The SD Gundams are like way more powerful than the GM Caridan, she's getting an upgrade and fitting in her need to be a hybrid of support and attack for the team.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The enemy SD Gundam guy said the SD parts are too short for Sekai's style. Even if you never watched an episode except this one, you are already told very bluntly he can't maximize his performance on an SD.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mobility is better anyway for basically the history of Gundam outside of trading mobility for an army's worth of firepower.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What the gently caress is Sandrock doing in space, moving so well. This is bullshit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just watched the episode this afternoon, why do they have an exact replica of Slegger?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It doesn't bother me as much because it's been many years since the 1st season, and there was probably a policy change on battles being more simulated without battle damage. Kinda like how real sports have safer and safer health policies over the years.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

When is Yuuma going to create a gunpla launcher and shoot Sekai's burning soul.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is the Xam really a mobile armor? Granted, the only time I saw it was in 0083 where it was piloted by one guy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

chumbler posted:

Maybe we'll get 14 episodes of screwing around, and then in the final 5 seconds of the last episode Mr. Ral says "Oh yeah, they won the nationals."

Gundam written by Mitsuru Adachi?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This might be a revelation to some, but not every person reacts the exact same way

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think it's kinda wasted potential that Fumi revealed she could self-use her own booster launcher in a battle she was going to lose no matter what.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I get really confused sometimes when they talk about "THE CHAMPION" and they're referencing the world champ, or just their age bracket champ? Because none of these guys are coming close to actual world champ status.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Artum posted:

They blew up the moon, what the gently caress are you talking about?

They even upgraded burning so that it can pull blow-up-the-moon level attacks AT WILL.

Build strike just punched things super hard and fenice was just a fancy wing gundam piloted well; the power escalation in this compared to the first season is insane.

There's a huge skill difference. Having the ability to blow up a moon doesn't matter if you can't land a hit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fumina's Real Mode was cool, but I still don't see how she's supposed to be an actual rival to Ms. Bullshit Skate on your laser blasts. Unless she invents like laser control or something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Missiles are the most useless things ever in Gundam. Yuuma should replace them with anything else, like inflatable dummies or funnels.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The fights are boring as poo poo and way shorter

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think to better help the writers, they should've forced the team tournament to have 1 non-mobile suit support unit like a ball or radar tank as the third member, so they have at least less excuse why they can't execute a 3v3 worth a poo poo beyond segmented 1v1 fights.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Every episode Celestial Sphere gets, I get more confused in how the gently caress is Try supposed to beat them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's really bad when a game of tennis is more interesting and fantastical than a show about moving Gundam fanfiction with powers limited by imagination.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be half-fair you can tell someone was probably a voice of reason around the mid-point of the series when Fumina stopped wearing the workout outfit.

They probably should've changed the ending credits as well, if that's what they're going for.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If the wasted gimmick of Burning is that it is basically Neo of the Matrix, he should've been tailor made as a reference machine. Like a Medabot that can teleport his own parts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

This is all Sakai's fault, the one who believes in freedom and imagination forced a poor kid that knew nothing about gunpla to realize that there are limits and restrictions. And Sekai is too dumb to realize that build burning has no limits.

I've been skimming through the last few episodes, but did they even acknowledge the burning being poo poo because Sekai barely knows anything about Gundam?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only way to kinda justify the lovely tactics is if team gunpla tournaments didn't exist until like 3 years ago.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Season 2 was basically the tournament. Season 3 was the Medabot Spirit with 99% of the cast removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So from what I understood of Meiji, you can have legal builds of real life people as long as you have their permission?

• Locked thread