Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

I still can't work out, is Sazaki's sister also the one who was fangirling over him in the epilogue of BF or was that some other random girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I came back to my flat for my lunch break and I had literally no idea that this was waiting for me on the internet. It owns so hard I need to watch it again before I can get my thoughts in order to talk about it. But it owns.

(I forgot to eat my lunch).

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 8, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
The thing that makes me hopeful about Fumina is that she went "Somebody please fight with me" when I really thought it was going to be "Somebody please save me" when she was about to lose in the opening battle.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Oh god I hope whoever that guy is using the Destiny in the OP builds a sweet custom version that I can get a kit of.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 15, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

I guess my problem with this argument is that the first series was heavily based around the idea that people kept secrets and used gimmicks as a primary central part of their combat abilities. The two 'straight' fighters were Reiji and the Meijin and even then Reiji had Sei's gimmicks and tricks making up for him and the Meijin had his own share. I guess you can argue Felini too, he was pretty straight-man fight guy.

So the argument of "she would have won if he fought her straight on" doesn't really make sense to me because that is never how Gunpla Battles are shown to work. It is why the "build" part is so important. The truly talented fighters are able to get past dirty tricks or have tricks of their own or exploit their enemy's weaknesses.

If you can't see the difference between using a psychologically targetted distraction and pulling out a completely new unit mid fight (in a way that would be cheating in standard rules), compared to revealing a secret technique then I really don't know what to say to you. Sure when the SBS first used discharge speed mode it totally chumped its opponents easily but that is thematically entirely different to the poo poo that the plamo president was pulling.

Look I understand that BF doesn't have a good track record on this but while this is a sequel it is not the same show. Give it a chance, breaking down each individual episode scene by scene obsessively when we're two episodes in is not the way to go about it. Honestly you're just shooting down completely legitimate counter arguments without reason; Fumina was beating her opponent until he cheated, Fumina did do the best out of her entire team in the episode one intro fight, Fumina did do more total damage to the Agrissa than Sekai or Yuuma.

If it turns out to go the way that Build Fighters or AGE did then trust me I'll be right there with you (a lot of my conversations about this show have a large amount of "Oh god I hope Fumina gets to perform well") but you're being irrational here.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 15, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

People keep saying this but I just looked at it again. Sekai tore it to pieces. She shot it once and it exploded and then Yuuma shot the Enact.

Sekai took off the legs from one side with one kick. Fumina's chaingun ripped the main body and other side's legs to shreds.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

Are you seriously arguing that what Fumina did was a show of serious skill and ability?

Put together with her being midway through chumping the prez when he was just using the Enact (after coming up with the strategy to remove his backup) and the fact that she managed to recover enough to get her guns aimed and going seconds after coming out of the plasma hold? Yes.

Doing a single kick to an immobile huge chunk of plastic, hitting with two beam shots (one to an immobile huge chunk of plastic, the other to a wide open mech who isn't even trying to dodge). Those aren't exactly significantly greater acts of skill.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 15, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

They're not significantly greater but they also don't come after getting captured and creeped at and needing to be rescued.

Neither did the part where she took out every single weapon the Enact was carrying one on one without taking a scratch of damage.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

it's become "Sekai and Kousaka barely did anything, it was all Fumina!"

Nobody has said anything like that.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

"hitting a giant immobile chunk of plastic" and "the Enact wasn't even trying to dodge"
Both of these were me and you'll notice I ended it with "Those aren't exactly significantly greater acts of skill."
You were arguing that Fumina shooting up the Agrissa wasn't significantly skillful, my argument was that neither was what Sekai or Yuuma did to it, it's fairly even based on what their mechs are designed for honestly.

edit: Just to be clear, the SJW comments and stuff like that are nonsensical. I have no problem with ImpAtom having his opinions about this or how he's presenting them, I just disagree with him and I hope nothing other than that is coming across in what I say.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 15, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

W.T. Fits posted:

(Seriously, what the hell does she see in that guy? Actually, scratch that, I'm not sure I want to know. :gonk: )

Remember what happens to male mantises after they mate.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

That said, I really don't see Gyanko taking the entire win. Yuuki did it because he was the series rival.

How awesome would it be now if they throw us a complete curveball and Gyanko becomes part of the series' main rival team.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
The Winning Gundam owns and that is all that needs to be said on the matter.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I was really enjoying that fight but then it came down to a 1v1 where Sekai wins the fight for the team by himself and it just left me a little sad.
I think it sums up a lot that Fumina and Yuuma were both like "Sekai! We won!" Did they just not want to talk to each other or something?

Still a good episode and I enjoyed it. I really want kits of the G-Bomber and Amethyst Victory now.
Minato stealing Sekai's drink just so he could be dramatic was a thing of beauty, and Yuuki is such a dork I love it.

Also holy poo poo at Eureka Seven surfing Turn-A in the next episode.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 3, 2014

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I think I just had a religious experience. Tell me, do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Meijin, Yuuki Tatsuya?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

W.T. Fits posted:

Actually, in the Build Fighters Amazing manga, Yuuki's maid built her Nyaia Gundam with intent that it would be so cute in its cat mode that her opponents would give up just to avoid having to damage it.

It's kind of a shame that none of the Amazing manga characters are going to make their way into the show.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Raider Lagoon
Salty Kyrios
Screw Gabthley

I like team Amorphous' style when it comes to naming their gunpla.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I want a show centred around Minato, his team and Tryon 3. He's been one of the best parts of Try since the beginning and this episode just solidified it.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Pureauthor posted:

Also I hold on to the faint hope that Sekai gets loving something in the way of characterization next episode. After all he apparently knows Junya personally on at least some level and if his master is going to choose an episode to pop up in next week is the time.

If nothing comes of that then, welp.

He'll talk about how Junya should fight because he enjoys it, maybe he'll have a fist clash with him and be like "I feel his feelings through his fist" and then explain why Junya's wrong and then win with a big attack. Then he'll pass out and whenever Sekai isn't on screen the other characters will be asking, "Where's Sekai?"

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Feb 12, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

quote:

Will they fight one-on-one?
What the gently caress do you think Shimon? Of coure they loving will.

Oh god they're loving serious with Sekai and Junya yelling Jigen Haoh Ryu at each other aren't they.

And loving dammit did Yuuma and Fumina seriously decide not to help Sekai because he's their "ace".

This episode is hitting all of my pet peeves about this show and anime fighting one after the other really hard.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 18, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Next Ep Preview posted:

Sekai, we'll leave it all to you!
I don't want to watch the next episode. Everything about Sekai and Junya and Jigen Haoh Ryu in this episode has acted as a fun vacuum and it's just...

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 18, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
This episode did it for me. I didn't think it could happen but Sekai has managed to displace Kio as my least favourite gundam protagonist. Kio was aggressively terrible but Sekai is just a black hole that absorbs any chances of something interesting happening around him and he bores me to death. The worst thing that a show can do is make the audience not care what happens and right now they have managed to make me not care about anything that happens with the main character, I might vaguely give a poo poo about his inevitable fight with Wilfrid but that's just cause Wilfrid's a cool guy and their previous fight turning into "HOLY gently caress YOU'RE AWESOME!" "YOU TOO!" while they punched at each other is the closest I came to liking something Sekai did.

Kio infuriated me but at least that's an emotional response, whenever Sekai does stuff I just feel drained. A show with Tryon 3 using eye beams to headshot King J-Der and our Lord and meijin descending from the heavens to bring salvation to the gunpla managing to do that is pretty damning.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 19, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Blackchamber posted:

Also everyone pair up and choose rivals arbitrarily. When you see that person post nod your head knowingly and say 'thats my rival'. Lets bring the fun home.

That's a ridiculous idea, why would we want to pick a rival based off the most spurious reasons we can find as if we're bad anime chara...

ImpAtom posted:

One, Sekai needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Sekai's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Sekai"? Three-...

I already made that joke an episode ago! :argh: I'll see you in the finals, rival!

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Sakurazuka posted:

Good super robot shows don't do that. Well, apart from GaoGaiGar, I guess.

Gaogaigar is not at all like that until Final actually and it always annoys me how people act like just because Final was "I HAVE THE G-STONE WHICH HAS INFINITE POWER BECAUSE OF COURAGE" that the series was the same.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Did they fix the green beam that Yuuki fired from the Exia in his fight against Julian? Think it took out a beam shield generator.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 1, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's wrong with this one?

Isn't that from the group battle where they were using the Build Mk II cause Reiji's wrist was broken?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Can I please just have a show where Minato is the main character and sometimes Yuuki comes in being ridiculous only to be baffled by the crazy poo poo Minato makes.

Hell, Sakai Minato for Meijin Kawaguchi the Fourth.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 11, 2015

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
The real problem is that the main characters are now in the final without earning their place there.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Wait four turns to charge the Twin Satellite Cannon.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
More turns than you have to wait to charge the Satellite Cannon.

What? No, what do you mean the whole point of the Double X was that the Twin Satellite Cannon could charge faster than the Satellite Cannon?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Fill your house with Tryon 3.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

BlitzBlast posted:

Track 5 has flamenco!

I need to know. How much passion does it have?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Holy poo poo best yet.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

Star Winning Gundam owns but yeah, Fumina is... there?

You could have done a lot for her just by giving every scene Sekai has with Shia to her and Fumina so they can actually interact with one another.

So in this scenario who gets to have the jealous fits Fumina had for Sekai getting close with a different girl?

fakeedit: Wait actually it's obvious. Clearly Minato has to get super jealous at Fumina hanging out with Shia, half romantic jealousy and half cause she's a good builder too. This show writes itself if Sekai didn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Meijin that was a legitimately horrible thing to do when you were announcing the winner of the cup. loving hell man.

• Locked thread