Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Revolver Bunker posted:

If that's the case Nils will have to show up in the Sengoku Astray with the Power Loader kitted out to look like a larger Astray.

Sengoku Zeong vs Build Burning. This must happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Fleet of Balls!!

E: Okay, I'm really quite happy with that.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 8, 2014

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Eej posted:

THAT LIME GREEN IS SO INTENSE

Hold on. That's not the AEU09T. The Enact Commander Type doesn't use the blade rifle. Only one that does is the AEU-09Y812 AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom.

What's wrong with me? Why do I know this poo poo?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Mordja posted:

Personally, I'd love it if they divided the tournaments into different "weight" classes and no I don't care if that just gives Bandai license to churn out more kits. :allears:

PG EZ-SR. This must happen. :colbert:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Aw yisssss...

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

It's up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUBcZuXVsTk

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Of which we still haven't gotten a model! Bandai I want to give you money. Please hurry up and make it.

People always say they want more MGs of stuff from Build Fighters...

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Mr Ral has Goufs on the brain.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Haha Mirai is such a dork, this is amazing :allears:

Mirai Kamiki: Gunpla Date Detective.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Cameo list is short again, though there was a poo poo ton of gunpla cameos. The fact they chose to specifically focus on a stack of HG GXs and DXs, as well as put a MG GX in frame makes me hope that somebody on the team is a Gundam X fan.

You're missing the Underwater Gunpla Squad.

All those various X boxes did make me wonder if you'd had a hand in the writing of this one. ;)

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Kanos posted:

Man, I really do not like any of the S Gundam designs. They're all incredibly overdesigned and overdetailed, like those people who add ten billion "WARNING" and serial number decals on every plate of their Gunpla's armor. The EX-S also looks like it's about to fall over at any given point.

Huh. I like the S Gundam, but the other designs — the Ex-S, the Deep Striker, and all of that — are too... Katoki.

Voted for the Xi. Animated Hathaway's Flash suit represent!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

nuru posted:

I forgot about how goofy the Fellini portion of the battle royal was. Here's hoping we get something similar in Try.

Try really needs a Fellini in general, though. Someone who goes out on the pull by giving woman gunpla is automatically more enjoyable than any of the supporting cast we have so far (except Gyanko).

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

New episode is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcKVv-4WJG8

Once again demonstrating that the way to have fights that have substance is 1-on-1 rather than 3-on-3. But it was a good fight, so I don't mind as much.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

So that's where the fight budget's gone!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

New episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiLXJlIuufg

What a gloriously batshit insane fight that was.

And the Bearguy Family vs a black Turn-A surfing on its shield next episode.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 3, 2014

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I knew she was a fighter too. She punched that robot in the junk so hard, the male audience felt it. :v:

The dick-punch felt around the world.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

If this does not say "Jigen Haoh School Ultra Dickpunch" I will be sad.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

The bit with Sekai and Fumina singing 'Anime ja Nai!' was so adorable. :allears:

Hahaha Red Warrior Amazing descending from the heavens to the tune of the flamenco was just cheesy enough to make it acceptable.

These two bits made the episode. I can excuse a hell of a lot for a flamenco angel descending to bring the Word of the Meijin to the people taking the game so seriously

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I find myself wondering if it'd be possible to icon-GIF Tatsuya's arrival. The Church of the Latter-Day Meijin should be a thing.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

This is no Zaku, boy! No Zaku!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

If it put on a backpack, he couldn't fit it in a Dom.

If only the Dom had turned into a backpack.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

BATTLE ME ALL YOU WANT... until the store's closing time, of course is the best line in the series.

Close second. He answers questions at three times the speed! is the best.

I get the feeling that the Meijin has been watching the series, and is pissed off that it's taken so long to get character development. If the writers don't do it by themselves, then the Meijin must force their hand! Three times the character development!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

TARDISman posted:

I just want a Transient Gundam kit for that lance. Because hell yeah lance equipped suits.

I'd be surprised if we didn't see one.

If season 2 does well, I want season 3 to be the Excel Saga series, bringing back characters from both seasons. One ep we've got Gunpla Detective with Sei's dad, then Fellini's dating advice for Gunpla nerds, followed by the Meijin tracking down people and berating them for having fun wrong.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also holy poo poo, the dancing Beargguys in the credits :allears:.

Best bit of the whole series right here!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

The Portent appears to be based on the Sakibure, of all things.

Parts of it are; good catch. If this leads to an HG Sakibure, it will be proof that Bandai's ketamine binge (the one that brought us the PG Unicorn) is showing no signs of abating.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Who wants a Beargguy avatar? I've managed to clean up the entire routine for the Yellow one, so if there's a particular section you want just ask. I couldn't grab the other colours though, due to text and subtitles being in the way.

These are brilliant.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

New episode's up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QACX05hZ86s

Sakai: still such a goon. :allears:

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 21, 2015

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The legs and upper body are pretty distinguishable in two of the individual machines, and from the looks of it most of the gold lion is backpack kibble. All you'd really need in terms of partsforming is to stick the head and hands on. I just hope they make the lion head able to open while on the torso like the Crossbone X Maoh.

Looks like the lion's mouth has another High Mega Cannon, so it'd better be able to open.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress YEAH TRYON 3!!! :w00t:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

"Is there any point to them combining?"
"None at all."

That's why it's cool, ya loving goon.

E: Holy poo poo I think I'm in love. LIGER GLARE!!!!

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jan 28, 2015

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

At least White Wolf actually got to look like a National-tier team for once instead of punching bags.

I was really quite happy about that. With how they've been chumped so far, I'm really glad to see them get a chance to absolutely wreck poo poo.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

LeadSled posted:

That and they get to fight GHIDORAH!

And from the last line of the next ep preview, this will probably be the point we see the HG Star Winning.

The fight was kinda fun, especially Fumina getting her badass moment to save the other two yet again, but it could have done without the clip show at the start.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress yeah Real Mode! Disappointed that Real Mode didn't get more of a showing. I was hoping for "Fumina pwns on her own", but they've really been hammering how they need to work as a team so I guess I can't be too annoyed. And at least she got the kill shot.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

Mainly because it was a serious gunpla baseball match.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

New ep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JnRoiPBYhc

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

DENIAL GUNDAM! :emo:

EEEEEEEEEEEMO!

The best part remains Tryon 3's LIGER GLARE!, but I'm also impressed by the sheer volume of complete fuckery that SDs can get up to. Kick with HG legs, then turn them into guns!

What I'm saying is that the Winning Gundam owns.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You know, let's talk about something positive instead.

Star Winning Gundam owns. "Haha, I've got your gimmick down. You're vulnerable while transfoohgodmyface!"

The Star Winning is the second best suit in all of BFT, and I can't wait for hlj to ship it out.

The best is the Tryon 3, natch.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I mean maybe next episode will be a clever subversion of everything that has happened so far and this episode was just kind of weak, but Try isn't like aggressively terrible like Age or anything. It's just disappointing because it can so very easily do better.

I know it won't happen, but I dearly wish for next week's fight to be 15 minutes of Sekai getting pwned, then Junya turns around and we get an "Oh, an SD, this'll be easaaarghmyballs" Winning Curbstomp.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Good lord, that fight was boring. And since it was won by Sekai being the most boring generic protagonist ever while nobody else did anything because bullshit "honour", I'm even more annoyed that the Crossbone got so little screen time, and didn't even move.

Still want kits of those White Wolf's custom Zakus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

At least the Try Burning actually got to pull some actual martial arts moves for once. And delivering a Shining Finger to Jun was pretty awesome. I'm just sad the Denial's legs weren't left standing on their own with melted edges from where the rest of it had been. Just on the whole though, did this episode feel like end half of one episode and the first half of a second stuck together to anyone else?

The spoiler would be a nice detail, but the whole rest of the fight was so boring that when it came up I couldn't give two tugs of a dead dog's dick. Too little, way too late.

• Locked thread