Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nuru
Oct 10, 2012

My only complaint is plot arcs where you know the protagonists are going to win because the plot demands it. In Build s1 every loss I rememeber was a side battle, not the main event. I mean, maybe it's possible that they lose midway in the main tournament and join a back alley gunpla betting ring and the poo poo gets dark as gently caress and Yuuma winds up bleeding out in a gutter somewhere with Fumina weeping over his corpse while Sekai vows revenge. But, probably not.

I guess I'm also a little sad the female lead decided to switch to a cutesy Gunpla rather than fighting the system. Alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

Fact that Fumina's actually kinda using the Winning to force Sekai and Yuuma to cooperate better implies she knows their greatest weakness; Sekai and Yuuma don't exactly think like a team yet. Sekai was basically a sitting duck for half the episode, Yuuma was being a bit too cautious after the communications went down. Hell, her showing the Winning Road the night before was probably because she saw the potential for such issues ahead of time. She then single-handedly turned the tide of battle and still managed to shoot down a fully equipped opponent with what amounts to a Core Booster. Give her a little credit, folks. :colbert:

I don't see how she turned the tide of the battle when Yuuma wasted one opponent effortlessly and Sekai was using plot armaments.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

How... do you not? Yuuma and Sekai were doing jack poo poo before she threw the gimmicks at them.

I think we are talking about different episodes now! I didn't see the sub go up yet for 6 when I made the last post, but now I do.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Considering her rationale for switching Gunplas was that they had short and long range but no medium range in Team Try, it seems fine that she adopted the role she did.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

How many episodes before Burning is broken in some way and Sei has to come teach Yuuma how to up his building game to repair it?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Ral's new voice isn't working for me.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I forgot about how goofy the Fellini portion of the battle royal was. Here's hoping we get something similar in Try.

nuru fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 15, 2014

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Let us not forget the victory via filling one's gunpla with cotton stuffing.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Droyer posted:

1 cour is 1/4 of a year, or half a season. Regular Gundam shows are 4-cours.

Even the bad ones.

*glances at Age*

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Have I missed foreshadowing or do we continue to have no idea who the Kamina-esc figure Sekai is lusting after in the OP is?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Maybe they'll pull a Destiny and switch protagonists back to Rei halfway through to save the show.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I'm hoping something happens to him and they slot Sakai in his place on the team. It would be better in every way.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It was more that because Gyanko bothered to paint her shield it was made out of indestructible alloy in-game so she was surprised someone actually damaged it.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Yuuma's characterization has been so terrible that him shouting a single thing in this episode comes off as a dramatic improvement. Fun episode, but I don't think I'm seeing the teamwork some of the rest of you are in the episode. Everything still came down to the "All For Build Burning" approach of every other battle they've had.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder what machine Nils will pilot when we see him next ep.

The most weeaboo Zaku you could ever imagine.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

His otaku spirit tamed by married life in Japan, he looks to his roots and uses a Gundam Maxter upgraded with the latest in plavsky technology.

Alternatively, if his otaku spirit is gone he can embrace his inner 14 year old and go some batshit crazy Deathscythe.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I love whenever people are surprised someone has joined the battle. They're 6 feet from you. You can see them standing there. Everyone spectating can see this person walk up to the arena and place their Gunpla.

I'm hoping for a Destiny style turnaround where Yuuma and Sekai are bumped to the background and Tatsuya / Fumina take over.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Sekai and Fumina were not inside the cockpits when Yuuma ran over.

They did cut to Yuuma seething/emoing out inside his destroyed cockpit while Sekai was getting brutalized.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

One thing I kinda like about Try is how the Try team is so completely outclassed by anybody who's actually a Worlds contender. Sei and Reiji were pretty much instantly BEST IN THE WORLD so it's nice to see the Try team presented as actual amateurs instead of secretly the best ever with no training they just hadn't actually applied themselves yet.

Amateurs who never lose when it matters. Ever.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Anyone who thinks there's no teamwork need only look at Team Free!

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

The absence of weight classes outside of mobile armor makes Build very weird sometimes. In s1 battle royale there was the carrier full of people who hated Fellini, and now in Try we have Saga who seems to be a big Gundam built out of lesser Gundams. Meanwhile, winning Gundam.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I still find myself wondering how builders define the abilities their gunpla have.

"this shield absorbs then fires energy"
"this leg is also a fusion rifle"
"these zeon troops can plant c4"
"these funnel fingers can combine into a massive funnel"
... Etc

The answer is probably to believe in the heart of the particles.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Freedom, Destiny, and Qan[T] are some of the most boring things people could have voted for.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

I think a lot of people want to see the Qan[T] get to strut its stuff in an actual fight. There's a lot of batshit stuff built into that machine that we never saw.

It only matters if we still get a dashboard Tieria.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shia helping Sekai to improve the Build Burning sat badly with me, because the whole point of the BBG was it was some insane custom made by Sei. Having someone else able to easily tune it up seems like it robs its special nature a little. The whole "I wanted him to be stronger :wotwot:" thing was pretty smug as poo poo too, compared to BF with them all hanging like buddies and giving each-other tips because they share a hobby they enjoy, and ultimately pointless with a full upgrade coming next episode.

A better part of a decade has passed since BF and the sport has changed. You should just be happy you don't see nascar style brand uniforms.

As for the upgrading, she was teaching him techniques that he can use next week when Fumina and Yuuma put their crafter pants on.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Keep crossing your fingers that Meijin and Sei will become the leads.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Sei in the opening. Thank you Gunpla gods.

I wish they could arrange some sort of loser bracket so Gyanko would be fighting still though.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Yuuma's "REMEMBER ME I WILL BEAT YOU" was pretty lame, but that's typical Yuuma I guess.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

During the upgrade monologue with Sekai's expression you can just imagine he has no idea what he's doing and is really secretly drawing dickbutts on the gunpla parts.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Preview shows a Kyrios using the artillery missile pack. I wonder who that is.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

It still amuses me that Yuuma is talking like it's this advanced, fancy, specialized system and it's really just translucent blue plastic bits.

I think we've communally agreed that the way plavsky particle will react with the plastic/metal you've used is entirely up to your blazing soul.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

I'm disappointed at the lack of Wing mobile syits, personally. Need to get Fellini and Greco back in here at least for a little bit.

BFT will be a complete failure if we don't see an older, possibly married but still womanizing, Fellini with Gundam Fenice Wonderful.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

The high point of the tournament arc was the Build Burning vs. Destiny fight. The low point was Team Song Dynasty Vase getting Worfed by team G-Master.

Excuse me. The low point was Team Free! never getting to show us their burning spirit.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

The only part of Age I remember is flit growing up to be an old space racist grandpa.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Is there a writeup or post-mortem somewhere about the fall of Gundam Age?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

The meijin really did save BF Try.

This needed to be given more facetime.

Kyrios using trans-am and still getting wasted is pretty faithful to 00 :smug:. I hope this is the only episode where they just annihilate their opponents to show off their new gunpla though. The power disparity in 15 was ridiculous.

nuru fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 22, 2015

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Sei is the end boss anyway. Though I presume he and the Meijin are pretty evenly matched these days.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Tae posted:

I get really confused sometimes when they talk about "THE CHAMPION" and they're referencing the world champ, or just their age bracket champ? Because none of these guys are coming close to actual world champ status.

Right now it's age bracket / national. They're not Sei / Meijin / Reiji / Fellini's level.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

The op having sound effects makes it so much better than it was. Team ninja was the gooniest team I expect to see. Watching suits from Destiny get clumped will never get old.

Shia vs Strike Freedom please. I want to see it torn apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

Having watched some of Level 5's other anime? Yeah "Humans from the future who are pretending to be bad guys to change the present to save their future" sound exactly like the sort of thing they'd do. I think what makes me saddest about AGE is we didn't get Level 5's usual ridiculousness. There's nothing in AGE that compares to stuff like toy robots assassinating leading political figures or traveling through time to become the best soccer players ever using the power of famous historical people.

Tell me this is real.

• Locked thread