Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zedd posted:

I expect (even if it's a background event) a team with a Dendrobium, Neo Zeong and Perfect Zeong. and I want this to come true. :colbert:

I'm hoping for a custom HGBF Neo Zeong kit myself :munch:. Just to see if Bandai really are that insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Literally The Worst posted:

They better loving not.

I don't have room for a second.

The gently caress is this? You're not even displaying it with the booster legs? It's like you're trying to keep it looking moderately reasonable. For SHAME! :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What's there to spoil in the ED/OP of a series about smashing little plastic robots?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

aers posted:

If anyone was worried about Try, unworry

According to the Gundam.info channel, it'll be up on youtube at 8PM, Japan Time. That's in thirty minutes :f5:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
They used a Mock for the simulation. The Chairman would be thrilled :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Model Damage thing's an interesting change. I'm guessing that C is the higher setting, as it was on A for the first fight and the GM Powered Cardigan seemed to be without a scratch later in the episode.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blaze Dragon posted:

And we already have an interesting question: Just what is so important about the Build Burning that Sei would hide it inside a Gunpla, then hide that Gunpla inside a trophy?

Considering the trophy is at the school instead of at the family shop, it's probably a gift for anyone who could recognise it for what it was.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

OnimaruXLR posted:

It's a BATTLE CLUB. Why don't you go join the lovely BUILDER'S CLUB if you wanna recreate scenes and not have KICK rear end FIGHTS? :black101:

I'm really glad to have this show back. Wednesdays may now be my favorite day of the week.

Who needs those Tri-hard Dumbs when you can make your own custom Gunpla :smuggo:.

Nondevor posted:

:allears: Oh Ramba Ral, why did they even let you on campus and how did you even get there?

I really like Fumina and Sekai so far, since they have a fun dynamic together. Also, I'm glad that they explained that people weren't joining the Gunpla Battle Club because of the Builders' club participating in more contests and winning more trophies. I originally thought that there was only one club and that Fumina was alone for ~reasons~.

Yeah I was worried what kind of character we were going to get in Fumina, but she's been great. They did a nice job of showing her to be very capable on her own in a fight with that opening battle royal.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pretty sure top-left is a FLAG customized with shoulder guns.

BlitzBlast posted:

The ReZEL there is lacking the Commander type's giant gun, but it's got a green visor so I dunno!

They're probably another round of contestant winners or just random customs, so don't worry too hard about it.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 8, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

StrifeHira posted:

Sei obviously has hidden legendary Gunpla scattered all over his household. Fridge? There's a Gunpla. Bathroom sink? There's a Gunpla. Ceiling fan? There's a Gunpla. Dining room table? There's at least three Gunpla in it.

Four. One in each table leg :eng101:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
With the BBG using Wind in the fight rather than Fire like the HG kit's been advertised having, I'm curious to see if Bandai will try to flog extra effect parts for Wind (along with Water and Earth if they turn up).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

Wait for the upgrades. That is where they'll really hit you.

His big mid-season upgrade is... new transparent colour pieces :v:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

These two pairs of legs are the only ones left. Thing on the right kind of reminds me of a M1 Astray?

EDIT: At 48 cameos total (49 if you count the Mock), BFT 1 just barely edges out BF 14's record of 46 cameos.

That's definitely an Astray. You can just see the two lower fins of the flight pack.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's a Murasame, actually. It doesn't have the Strike-like binder over the foot and I think the flight pack is the Murasame's wings.

I think you're right. It's got the pointed wing tips.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well we won't be seeing a return from the Team Nemesis chairman in Try. His voice actor, Iemasa Kayumi, has passed away.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Poison Mushroom posted:

Someone who was upset that Plavisky particles have yet to be used for an Ace Combat game?

Now I want to see someone turn up using the Sword Skygrasper :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pureauthor posted:

I want to know about the poor shmucks who got assigned Ball army duty.

I haven't watched much UC stuff, but wasn't their thing being they worked really well in mass quantities? They probably tried the same strategy and forgot they're up against protagonist Gundams piloted by competent players instead of nameless Zaku grunts.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caros posted:

You know what just occurred to me. Why the gently caress does Ramba Ral know the name of the Build Burning Gundam?

It's been a full seven years since Build Fighters, and Ramba Ral was a friend of the family. Sei probably showed it to him at some point.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DookieSandwich posted:

I wonder if praying mantis guy is going to get a team together to get back at Fumina and shut down the Gunpla club.

That's pretty much already guaranteed from what we've seen of the promo material.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sindai posted:

If this is Gundam Valhalla, Ramba Ral is a Ralkyrie.

:colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

muike posted:

That would be cool and that boy had better earn his own gunpla instead of just finding one hidden inside of a Dom inside of a trophy inside of a trophy case inside of the shed outside the school which is inside japan, which is in the ocean, which is on the earth, which is in space, which is also where arian probably is. So when I put it like that it actually makes a lot of sense.

Well obviously mid-season he's going to use martial arts to sculpt a new one from a solid block of plastic with his bare hands.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Poison Mushroom posted:

I wonder if we'll see a subplot this season about one character who uses RGs or PGs dominating everyone with their super flexible and mobile Gunpla then losing to the main trio because the extra complexity means more can go wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kit Grade variety this season, considering they changed the GP base to display the type. I kinda want a to see a kit turn out to be RG instead of HG, just to see what happens.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Well Manicured Man posted:

Soneone busts out a RG Freedom, Build Burning Gundam kicks it in the chest and its hips immediately detach from the torso. As soon as it hits the ground, its backpack shatters into a million pieces.

Someone comes in looking smug about their shiny new RG RX-78-02. It falls to pieces the moment they set it on the launch pad.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Butt Ghost posted:

Will I like Gundam Build Fighters if I don't know poo poo about Gundam?

The only thing you'll really miss out on is spotting which of the background characters in any given scene are ones from other Gundam series added in. That and maybe identifying what robot is what in the background, so no, you're not missing anything of importance.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I dunno, I think the GM-Cardigan's going to last the run with her swapping between them. It's too complex a kit to just dump after a few episodes. If she'd started with a less-complex custom job and then gone to the SD Winning Gundam as they put the team together, I'd believe it'd be dumped and done.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

You may need to see a doctor, I think your sense of joy has been crippled.

I just want to know where people keep getting those fancy big flame effect pieces from.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Level Slide posted:

Think there's another Dom inside the Burning?

Matryoshka Neo Zeong.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Every time I see that scene, I get "You Get To Burning" stuck in my head.

I didn't even really like Martian Successor Nadesico.

gently caress you too, now that drat song is stuck back in my head :bang:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

You're looking for the Burning Flames Tamashii effect part. HLJ occasionally has it listed.

I say occasionally because I swear to god they've put it up and taken it down repeatedly. I can never seem to find it when I actually want to pad my order. :smith:

Amazon has them for $20 apiece.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

W.T. Fits posted:

I will never get tired of this being a thing. :allears:

A lot of Doms are going to die :ohdear:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

vibratingsheep posted:

Can we talk about happy things again?

I dig giant robots. We dig giant robots.

And Fumina proves that chicks dig giant robots :v:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

His 'trump card' was illegal in tournament regulations, but not there and he pretty obviously came into the match knowing that and build his Gunpla to take advantage of that. He even says as much.Sekai even says that Yuu's excuse for helping her is him hiding his real reason (because he wants to play Gunpla Battle with her.)

He spent the battle on the back foot with her until he pulled his trump card. That's why he kept bitching at Yuuma to give him supporting fire, because she was kicking his rear end. She might've been beaten into yellow, but he's using a goddamn Enact. One good hit would kill it (whereas the Powered GM's a slower heavy-armor design meant to endure abuse), so of course he's dodging like mad.

ImpAtom posted:

Considering that tricks, gimmicks and special abilities are the name of the Gunpla Battle game, it's pretty dishonest to go "no, see, this time it doesn't count, he was cheating" in a series where magical kung-fu and a Gunpla hidden inside a second Gunpla are legitimate tactics.

There's a difference between a secret weapon onboard the Gunpla and throwing a whole new big-rear end machine onto the field.

Luminaflare posted:

Did anyone else notice the Build Burning docking with what appears to be the Winning Gundam transformed in to a giant fist during the OP?

It's too small. It's just a big-rear end fist and a bit of a knuckle guard, too small to be the Winning. I like to think at some point in the next few episodes they'll run into Sei and he'll just go "oh hey, you found it? Here, have a box of accessory parts for it :v:"

I swore I wasn't going to get anymore Boosters, and then they threw that in the OP right after I'd finished building my new Build Burning Gundam :negative:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sharkopath posted:

I ended up liking the main character more than I thought I would, that enthusiasm is infectious.

She's proving to be a really competent tactician too. She got a good read on the lineup right from the get-go and put Sekai to use hunting Yuuma down while she drew their attention with her tank of a GM.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sharkopath posted:

If you wanted to be specific, I think structuring fights around the fight itself lets you be way more open and creative with how they go down, when you have to tie them to specific story beats you want to hit it weakens it overall and also absolutely destroys any mystery or tension. Once Fuumina got electrokidnapped you knew how it was going to end.

Agreed, though I'm kinda willing to let it slide on this one, simply because it looked like the writers just wanted to jump the hurdle of getting Yuuma on the team and be done with it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I think it's more that the Agrissa was sent in mid-battle than anything. Other gimmicks you guys compared it to don't really count because they're already there from round start. It's a fourth machine in their lineup.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm expecting his Master to turn out to be their mother, to be honest. Just because it looks like both Sekai and his sister seem to have the same ethos about regular exercise.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AradoBalanga posted:

poo poo, so Mantis Man is going to be dropped out of an airplane and shot mid-fall? Hell of a way to go out.

That's just silly. It'll be out the window of the Plamo club room.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something to point out from the OP;

That's the Hyaku Shiki, right? Not only was it announced as a kit a little while ago, but it's supposed to have a HGBC Booster too. You'll be able to buy that cannon separately :allears::shepspends:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You're forgetting that this show is all about custom kits. Anything could turn up with a Fumina-yellow paintjob.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

John Carstairs posted:

Just noticed when someone pointed it out elsewhere:

You didn't have any better ranged weapons laying around, guys? :v:

That's a GM spray gun, right? A close-range gun makes sense to me :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

I am just so loving happy the Destiny is in a show where it can have a good fight.

If you're lucky you might even get a decent HGBF kit out of it. Probably even two if/when they reuse the mold to make an HGCE version of the original.

• Locked thread