Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I didn't really care much for GBF outside of some of the battles and the great OST, but for whatever this first episode hit all the right buttons for me. Can't wait for next week's episode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

With the BBG using Wind in the fight rather than Fire like the HG kit's been advertised having, I'm curious to see if Bandai will try to flog extra effect parts for Wind (along with Water and Earth if they turn up).

Hopefully they'll manage to put their hearts into it as well.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Caros posted:

You and me both buddy. Then again, I was sure going in that this was going to be fantastic. I suspected I wouldn't much care for G-reco from the get go.

Count me in as well, but with the caveat that I didn't even like the first season of BF much, and fully expected to like G-Reco more.

I guess the hefty amount of G Gundam references won me over to this season of BF. <3

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Then we unlock the super mode where he becomes gold and has telekinetic Plaskvy punches. Let's do it, let's go full G Gundam.

The solution to fighting ranged opponents is to extend your reach. Punch farther.

I want to see him do the one Master Asia move. You know the one.

I want Sekai to be literally shooting his face at guys in a tornado of plavasky particles.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I got really confused for a few minutes and thought that this new character was an older, bitter version of Maoh.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The whole "Using the gunpla of a dead relative in their memory" actually the kind of thing I wish Build Fighters would do more of. It's dark, but not dark in a way that is completely unnatural to the setting of what is essentially a sports show.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah, I thought forcing the ring-outs was a solid strategy, personally.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Then we'll get the best version, Sleggar-12, but he'll die pointlessly anyways. :(

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe punching Core Fighters is just how he gets hyped up for battle.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lurking Haro posted:

But what does "To Fly In The Future" mean? That's normally a final episode title.

Prediction time: Sekai finds a mysterious Gunpla...that allows him to travel through time. Hilarious hijinks ensue.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The tiny Bearguy might be the most adorable thing, holy gently caress.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Kirara made it by playing herself in the Oscar-winning Fellini biopic movie.

I would totally watch remakes of classic films but with Fellini as the main character, alongside Kirara.

Just imagine Casablanca with those two. :allears:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mecha Gojira posted:

Look, I just have to respect a show that chose the Turn A as an antagonist mecha just so that they could punch it in the dick crotch cockpit.

Didn't they also have a Turn A Gundam get shot down last season as it was trying to Moonlight Butterfly its opponent?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Are you saying the itchy butt is wrong?

The message of GBF Try will be that Newtypes those with itchy butts cannot single-handedly build the future.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Gundam Build Fighters Try - Passion of the Christ Meijin

I hope we get The Last Temptation of Meijin Kawaguchi III at some point.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ka0 posted:

Does Chronicle Asher count as a char, I mean he had the whole ski mask thing like Nikki Lauda.

You have to be at least moderately interesting to be a Char.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Next season will feature gunpla battle on motorcycles.

And by that I mean all the gunpla will be riding little motorcycles and it will be adorable. :3:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Omnicrom posted:

This episode badly made me want to see Reiji in the Try Burning, preferably equipped with whatever booster Sei would design for the Try Burning. Seeing Reiji do a Stardust Mirage with all the weapons on a theoretical Reiji spec Try Burning would be a thing to see.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the last episode of features Sekai passing down the Try Burning to someone else...such as an enthusiastic young Gunpla Battle fan named Reiji Jr., perhaps.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Please sign up to receive my Radical Amphibious Deliveration Front newsletter.

You can't make me! I won't do it!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

You slapped me...NOT EVEN MY FATHER SLAPPED ME!

*coming soon to NBC*

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The chances of Tryon 3 winning are zero, aren't they. :smith:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tryon 3 best robot of all robots. <3

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Some guys on /m/ have been saying that Bandai's Twitter or something has already confirmed a third season of Build Fighters in the works, but well you know, /m/ isn't the most reliable of sources.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gundam Build Fighters Double Try?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lessail posted:

tryon 3 should have won this is bullshit

ADTRW > Gundam Build Fighters Try - tryon 3 should have won this is bullshit

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope the ZZ and the Tryon 3 have a combination attack in a SRW game.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

muike posted:

i'm almost willing to put money on them forgetting to make the technique Junya showed Sekai relevant in tomorrow's episode

Why? It's not like this is a Tomino show.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

EDIT: Yeah it's just a jab at the G-Arcane thing.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Try has only two episodes left.

• Locked thread