Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Is that supposed to be Tatsuya at the beginning there? He looks so strange without an overplayed hairstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm also really interested in finding out why China's little brother turned into such a jerkass.

He probably got beat up by Sei so many times in practice that he just lost interest and gave up.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Kousaka also seemed to recognize it, so perhaps Sei didn't just build it, but used it for a time.

It seemed like he recognized it more on "that suit's performance is just like what Sei makes," rather than "oh hey, I recognize that appearance."

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Well Manicured Man posted:

Look at all the stuff they had to take off to get it to fit under that Dom! Immersion ruined!

Well we can't all be Sei.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Schneider Heim posted:

I liked how Fumina and Sekai took Sakai's words to heart without getting defensive or even "man, what an rear end in a top hat". They just took in what he had said and sought to improve themselves. That never quite happens in reality but I'm thankful it happened.

Yeah, I was really surprised. Like, they didn't even notice how rude he was being or anything. Just "this man has taught me a great lesson!"

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Maybe the reason he lost the 11th Championship was because Yuuki wasn't a moron and just shot him from the other end of the arena.

So he began lobbying for a switch to team tournaments.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I will say that I kind of miss Sei's shameless Gundam fanboying. Nobody on the team really seems to like Gundam-the-franchise very much. Fumina seems the cloest but her interets seems more Gunpla-related.

I haven't been feeling as much love for Gundam as a whole from Try that I really did from the original. Maybe it's just me.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

BlitzBlast posted:

I have basically the opposite opinion of this since in my books it's better that they animate it differently every time rather than rely on stock footage.

Though looking around, I am apparently in the minority on this.

Not too hot on stock footage here either, even if it doesn't look as good as the one time they put all the money into it.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

BlitzBlast posted:

Honestly I think the problem is just that the fights are boring. It's a shonen tournament show, good characters that aren't just archetypes are literally at a premium. It all comes down to how well they pull off the sport of the day, and BF totally aced it. Try on the other hand has all these things they could do with the team aspect, things they are explicitly not doing to turn it into a 1 v 1 or "every member of the team does flashy attack, win".

This is pretty close to my thoughts as well. I'd be willing to forgive a lot more if the fights were more interesting and compelling.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

BlitzBlast posted:

It'd be 必中, 気合, 狙撃 instead of 必中、魂、狙撃 if that were the reference. Remember, Spirit is a... questionable translation of Yell.

To be fair, 魂 is also a spirit command.

But no, I don't think that's what they were going for.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I'm still up, but if I watch the episode now, then I won't have anything to look forward to after I wake up. This is, like, the most ridiculous problem ever.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

That Core Fighter seems kind of awkward.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Ka0 posted:

Really not digging the new thread title.

Could be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

TARDISman posted:

I just like GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!

Keeping it simple is good.

• Locked thread