Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Gyanko's tits are larger than Sekai's head jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I am furious that I am not sekai, that's what.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

If the show were heavier on the gunpla ad aspect, we would be hearing the opposite complaints I reckon.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

In the spirit of impatom I'm going to focus on something small I do not like and make up repeating supportive arguments for the sake of being a butt, but don't worry! I still like this thread guys!

quote:

But she hasnt? I mean is that the way you are interpreting it when literally no one else is making this claim either in other forums or in the show.

quote:

I don't get how winning gundam forces the other two to fight as a team?

quote:

So after hearing a lot of people talk about how this show's been so boring and bad w/r/t fights compared to the first season I went back and rewatched most of season 1.

Aaaaaand they're mostly the same?

None of these statements are acutally questions; the fact that you would take the time to end them with a question mark, so that they can be mentally read with a high-rising terminal, or "uptalk", is both the most absurd thing and fantastical atrocity ever.

Back to gundam. Someone already mentioned this, I too predict at some point Sekai will face a tough opponent, smash his magical particle gunpla and it will be a Big Thing.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Ah yes, the goon dictionary definition of creepy (hint: everything)

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

You are all forgetting neither Sekai nor Yuuma wanted in on gunpla fighting from the start. Fumina had to literally tie Sekai to a chair and Yuuma only changed his mind after the mantis guy battle. If anyone has stakes here, it's Fumina; she's been able to keep her team together and actually win some battles, not to mention completely design a gunpla for that purpose.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I can't believe there's going to be a love square between the gunpla guy, fumina, sekai and gyanko.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

The issue here, is that in the first show we had a complete gunpla nerd teamed up with could-care-less piloting genius, that and a good mix of really fun and interesting side characters.

Here, we have young shonen ace #912, so we depend upon fumina and yuuma to keep us interested; yuuma has been a charismatic black hole, and fuumina does not get enough screen-time to offset the rest. Of the side characters, only Sakai and Gyanko pull their weight.
:goonsay:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Fumina is just that good. She should be the lead character and not sekai.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Alternatively, they could blow up all their suits and they have to switch to using a mobile armor. That would help the "work together for real" gimmick.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Well you wouldn't be able to sell as many toys with the "Losing Road" concept.

I'm buying gunpla like a hog in mud.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Yes it did, it gave a reason for the winning gundam to be there :v:

What was the president's previous gunpla? It looked like a geara zulu.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

So the guards type G.zulu is just the regular geara zulu with more ammo clips and Rob Liefeld pouches, looks pretty neat

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Jegan Ace posted:

Why does everything have to be discussed as a matter of oversexualization? This is a show targeted at kids after all.

Welcome to the (hopefully brief) tumblr age. Check your privileges at the door, do not information-shame.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

Macross 7 owns though?

No it's terrible. And I love macross to death.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I don't know who you are trolling impatom, I've watched M7, the ovas, the movie, dynamite, the viewmaster, etc.... at least twice each year for the last decade or so.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Disappointed the Zakrello wasn't on the race.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Frankly my dear, your paintjob isn't worth a drat.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I would have imagined the Turn A would be banned from battles, on account of being too OP.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

That's what I like about these series (BF and this one), power is based on build quality silliness and not story (although Iori and his dad loved to preach about them).

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

So guys how about that Turn A set-your-gunpla sound effect, wasn't it orgasmic. *PYOWSSSH...TRRRRR*

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Either the Murasao or that other one before it (Susawoo I don't know).

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AradoBalanga posted:

So, this is a thing that happened.

Jeeg gee-on!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Silly zaku, trying to be a Schuzrum-Galluss.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Your problem is that you're trying to rationalize super robot show logic into a toy show. The rules, weak as they were, just don't apply anymore. Sekai will jigenhaohryuu his rear end all the way to the final boss, which is exactly what happens in G Gundam. I know because I'm almost done watching it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

This will stop being funny when it stops being true

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Wait does this mean old HG kits such as the Z'Gok are not very good?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

It's time for China-slap.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

BlitzBlast posted:

For comparison, HGUC Victory is a super recent kit and has the articulation/engineering to match, but it has such hilariously awful proportions that if that's what you care about, it's a bad kit.

I like the Victory. Is it because it has katoki-barbie legs and a peanut for a head?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

It is just as good if not better than BF at selling toys. I just ordered 3 of the Ez-8s from the Seiren episode because they rule the battlefield. Also I am building a HG Destiny gundam that I plan not to paint to make it show-accurate.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I will say this once, a couple of friends and I got around watching episodes 1 to 3 of Try and in the same afternoon they ordered burning gundams and powered cardigans. None of us were into gundam. I only started watching every gundam series 3 weeks back.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Sindai posted:

Clearly the ultimate gunpla would be all steel with a thin layer of plastic on top.

defeated by gigantic mobile armor magnet thing with 3 legs.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

At last we can agree it was a good episode and everything that needed to happen did happen.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

"There's only one man in this world who uses those mass-produced nippers!"

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Has anyone else discussed "gunpla stats"

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

You assholes made me look for Meijin Kawaguchi in facebook.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Yuuma: Sekai is stupid, thoughtless, insensitive and bad-tempered
Fumina: . . .
Yuuma: also he is rude and the mere sight of him irritates me to no end. He is an insult not only to gunpla but to humanity itself.
Fumina: ...uh
Yuuma:
Fumina: ..aand?
Yuuma: oh, nothing, I was just talking to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Please god let Sekai's new move be called hou-yoku-tensho.

• Locked thread