Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see some kit Grade variety this season, considering they changed the GP base to display the type. I kinda want a to see a kit turn out to be RG instead of HG, just to see what happens.

There was a MG Musha Gundam in the melee at the start, remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

You might? It's mostly a fairly by-the-book kid's action series with some good fights and fun characters. If you're okay with watch that you'll probably enjoy it but it doesn't really transcend the genre if that makes sense?

It's fine on it's own, but is also a big old nostalgia trip and celebration of the franchise, how's that?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

W.T. Fits posted:

Episode rocked, fight was awesome, new OP kicks all kinds of rear end. (New OP is called Cerulean.)

Also, trying to discern what the hell it was that chumped Yuuma's Airmaster in the cold opening:

I can see the wings from the Deathscythe Hell Endless Waltz version and two of the extendable arms are from the Nataku... and I cannot for the life of me make out anything else in that horrid kitbash. :psyduck:
I'm calling it the "Kitbash Hell Custom" until we get an actual name for it.

Pretty sure it's mostly Hydra Gundam.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

StrifeHira posted:

Actually, turns out Yuki is absolute poo poo at controlling Funnels, he left them off his Nu and Hi-Nu Gundams. That being said yeah, it does look more Red Warrior-ish. Which is Amazing.

Because he is a mejin.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Haha, the thread theory came true Ral is 35 forever.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

With the available gunswords, ballistic lances and the rest, surely they would dismiss that pistol as a waste of time on a close combat suit.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

W.T. Fits posted:

20X5
Ral turns 35
12th World Championship
Fumina enters middle school
Yuuma gets owned by Kitbash Hell Custom, loses confidence

Still pretty sure it was Hydra Gundam's body. Hope we get a better look.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also have you ever played a video game and got stuck on a cliff and we're being pulled/pushed off? It's a very hectic feeling and you can easily get too into the fight.

loving Pyro's in TF2 man.

Might also result in her possibly salvageable Gunpla being thrown out of the ring under a fair bit of inertia.

Edit: Since her suit seems to have gimmicks we've not seen yet, and her team seems to be fairly competitive, I think we'll see her again come the big tourney.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Lurking Haro posted:

He was already 35 in 1979 ;)
Kycilia Zabi also claims to be 24.

Gundam has a tradition of people in their mid-twenties to thirties looking decidedly middle aged. Like Jerid's dead wingman.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I guess Yuuma's opponent in the HydraScythe Repair Hell Gundam will show up at some point, hopefully giving us an HG of the Hydra or similar.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I hope it comes with several extra heads for converting.

Going to make a Mocks Jet.

Edit: Pictures here.

Kit is the "Hi-Mock", also the Mock Armory accessory set and it looks like it comes with a regular head and a plain dome for conversion.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 23, 2014

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

The battle of Thermopylae but its entirely too many Mocks.

This. Is. Gun-plah!!!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

The final confrontation will be interrupted by a spliced in version of the mitchell and webb skit about football, but ramba rals va dubbing "ZAKU!" over every instance of the word Football.

Hamon...are we the baddies?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'd rather see more of the Efreet Custom behind it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

It's a shame a design as cool as the GN-X got so badly clowned there.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Fumina I think is a bit complicated. She's in the support "cleric" role, making the guys better, but at the same time it's down to her that the team came together, she is very much the driving force and narratively seems to be the main protagonist. And at least the show acknowledges contributions besides combat ability as worthwhile, and everyone seems hugely impressed with Winning Gundam, and they won the battle because Fumina's work was new and surprising to people that came fully prepared.

If I'm being cynical I don't see what benefit the Winning Knuckle confers given Build Burning can punch through anything short of Gynako's shield as it is.

And Gyanko is a girl, and also fun and interesting and capable, so there's that too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Weird opening, if hilarious that Team Free and the underwater fight were built up like that. Instead, they answered the big question over them, "what if there's no water in the field?" after we assume there's an answer if they got this far.

No mention that the fight didn't end with a super-punch, but a SHINING WIZARD!!

I would have liked to have seen the Zeo Zeong that not-Sleggar totalled. From the parts it looked like it was a Neo Zeong with original Zeong head and colours, could have been cool.

Next ep looks great.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Agreed. His two buddies driving them out of the ring was a pretty solid strategy to get them out of the way, because it's pretty obvious that both thought they were useless in a stand-up fight.

The real problem with having a three-on-three fight is that there's almost always going to be two fights that are more-or-less paused. It kills a lot of the energy when you realize two fights are just back-and-forthing mindlessly without any tension while you're watching the third. The other is that Team TRY Fighters isn't three Gundams, it's two Gundams and The Special One. It's pretty much guaranteed to win almost flawlessly, because they don't have a way to fix something that fancy. Though it'll be interesting to see if any of the damage stuck from that really excellent fight

I think it might, it seems bound to come up given we keep seeing Yuuma working on Lighting, which seemed to take a pretty bad spill on the ring-out. I think the next ep or two the team will be dealing with repairs (Winning looked ok, it's probably more solid than the rest) and observing the Girl's School against G-Master to establish not-Sleggar.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

-Troika- posted:

I kind of hope the Build Burning Gundam gets hosed up at some point, and no one can fix it because they arn't remotely as good as the guy who made it :v:

I have to think the adjustable damage level has to be there for that reason, whilst letting it take damage in the meantime.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I want to see Gyanko's new gunpla yesterday! The Gyagya was pretty great, and a revision could be fine, but it could be an interesting opportunity for a new design.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Beam buzzsaw? I'll take it!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Ethiser posted:

I saw one suit where the front was a Sazabi and the back was The O. It looked insane. Like someone took the idea of whatever Ribbons Gundam was and decided that it didn't take the two suits in one thing far enough.

Should be seen, quoting from the Gunpla thread:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Someone did a painted R-Gyagya and it looks amazing

Easily my favourite design of the Build Fighters franchise, and I say that as someone who doesn't give two shits about the Gyan. I will be completely satisfied if Gyanko's new Gunpla is an updated Gyagya using the gimmicks not yet seen on the show. Possibly a recolour or an update with a booster pack.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kanos posted:

There's definitely an air of "no one takes Sazaki seriously". Before Fellini shows up to beat up on him he says something like "Don't misunderstand me, Iori, I'm only here to study you for next year's finals!" and Sei and Reiji kind of roll their eyes and go "Next year, really? Aren't you being a little bit too patient?" I mean he's a comic relief character so everyone's kind of supposed to take the piss out of him but that's what made him a fun character.

Didn't they say he made it to the quarter-finals of the nationals? It sounds like he got better offscreen, and Gyanko's unbreakable shields were made by him.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

hot pants posted:

If the Winning's gimmick is to turn into a 1/144 (and using up its spare parts), why can't Fumina just use a regular 1/144 and keep those spare parts for the others? #BFTlogic

Why not have the winning road upgrades on Build Burning and Lightning and another full suit? Why anything?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I think the Transient's just generally based off of 00 designs. The forearms are almost identical to Exia, the legs seem to have most in common with the 00Q and almost certainly not Exia, which had squarer thighs. Chest gem and head look most like Exia's too, and it has the single GN drive. The shoulders looks like they could come from one of the UC Delta Gundam designs. Pretty much every part seems to be distinct in some way. Really hope it get a kit, as Iove the legs an head design.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I want the gunslinger devil hand thing Gundam too.

Portent is cool, it seems yo have the fold-up feet like transient, which I think is another 00 design cue. Hides the ankle polycap joint, unlike many of the kits from the show though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Not his fault the special move animation gets reused so much.

Transient Gundam kit for April by the way. Horray!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Could Sei be a Mejin? It's odd that in a series about threes we get a second but not a third.

Also, with the odd number of teams there's an extra bracket for two teams, wonder how that becomes relevant.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

In Wilfreds defense he didnt have a good opinion of Karima already, well thats if he even remember who he was in the first place.

In fairness, he actually gave him a measure of the recognition he craves by stating that he knew his name and prefered class of Gunpla when they fought. But he is pretty much a hypocrite.

I would have like Karima to be clowned a little less badly, partly just because Shia looked like the big beam was a surprise and problem for her, then just no-sells it, not good drama.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

What's that from? Gundam Breaker?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

AzMiLion posted:

Gundam Breaker 2, has a different way of dealing with bits and such and is generally much improved. It's pretty loving good and available on the JP PSN.

E: The game is perfectly playable without knowing japanese btw, the suits are listed by serial number as well, and the modules and EX attacks all have translation guides available. And it's still getting a new suit weekly at this point.

I'm probably getting a UK PS4 soon, am I going to be able to get it with that somehow? Can I be signed up on multiple PSN accounts/regions? Or is it PS3?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Why was Wilfrid's have bits a big deal? He had homing lasers before.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Saga's injury didn't really do anything either, besides provide a reason it was possible to beat him. They never resolved the background with Yuuma either, the guy who clowned him out of competition doesn't really seem like the same guy besides being the only one approaching Sakai's level of creativity. I'd still like a clear shot of that Deathscythe-Hydra-Thone Gundam Zwei thought. Maybe in the MSV equivalent.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

What was that thing anyway? Horn looked a bit like Unicorns, but otherwise it looked like it's own thing, one that hadn't had eye stickers applied.

E: ^^ annoying timing, you might be right.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Is it me, or did they really regress Sakai's character for that? He got into the team spirit and showed Yuuma respect and admired Fuumina, which makes sense given his deal and the inventiveness behind the (Star) Winning. Now he's an entitled bitch again, plus they made him a creep, so he could lose to Yumma's Zeta with Destiny bits. He didn't even start with a (sort of) non-Gundam this time.

Guess it's okay that Gyanko's happy, if not with Sekai, and who gives a poo poo about him? His new Gunpla is pretty cool though, even if it doesn't represent any advancement on his part. Sasaki III making frenemies with boxer-dudes plot-cancer brother was nice.

What's Karima even supposed to have done wrong? He build a bitching MA, I guess from scratch, what is he have supposed to have done to deserve the criticism from creepy hand-holding triplets? Guy seems to get a bum deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

There should have been more cameos like the Abigorbine in Try. Like a Guncannon painted to look like the Ideon.

More derivative designs in general really, instead of scratch-built unique units. How did they make all those clear parts anyway?

• Locked thread