Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Jan
Dec 27, 2009

AGITATING SKELETON

Grakdesh posted:

The type of music that started as a subgenre of trance and is still considered so by many people. Trance fans usually call is happy hardcore. However nightcore fans prefer to not be associated with trance and don't like the idea of naming a "nightcore" as anything else.

Nightcore is characterized by a sped-up melody (sometimes), fast rhythmic beat (usually), and ALWAYS higher than normal pitch. Almost all nightcore music are original songs nightcored (remixed into nightcore) by nightcore fans.

Very popular is a belief that nightcore is a nickname of a person who remixes the songs. In reality anyone who knows how to use a computer can nightcore a song and upload it on Youtube.

Happy hardcore was the poo poo I listened to while I was in elementary school. Is this nightcore? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAlRtCyr0sQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Jan
Dec 27, 2009

AGITATING SKELETON

Fargield posted:

that sounds like regular happy hardcore

But the guy I quoted said that they were the same thing. Pretend the video consists of pictures of anime girls, does that work?

• Locked thread