Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Caps are gonna draw 0-0 or something. I can feel it :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I kinda want the caps to tie and not lose just to make it more agonizing

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Way to go Sounders, why am I not living in Washington now instead of next spring! Also pretty stoked that my two favorite teams might meet in the finals. Yes, I support two teams.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

colonel_korn posted:

Caps are gonna draw 0-0 or something. I can feel it :ohdear:

They'll be up 1-0 for the entire second half and then the Rapids will even it up in the 93rd minute

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

vulturesrow posted:

Way to go Sounders, why am I not living in Washington now instead of next spring! Also pretty stoked that my two favorite teams might meet in the finals. Yes, I support two teams.

You like LA and New England?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The end of that first half was tremendously entertaining. End to end, good saves, good attacking, just great fun after the rainy slog in Montreal.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

the escape goat posted:

LETS GO RAPIDS isn't the chant I expected to hear in this bar right now but it makes sense.

really solid play from the timbers, thank goodness. it would be cool to go into playoffs. like, no big.

also what is up with Powell; a 20yo shouldn't go down 2x in one hour with chest pains :gonk:

A) where you at?

B) chest pains? For reals? I watched without sound, so I missed anything about why he came off. Assumed it was lower leg.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
unngghhhh off the bar!

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Caps really pressing the last little while

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: YEssSSSSSS WASTON

what a fuckin' goal

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Horrendous defending by Colorado. Emblematic of their awful awful second half of the year.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

Stroop There It Is posted:

REPORTING LIVE FROM GILLETTE: BRADLEY STILL BALD AND ANGRY, NGUYEN SKILLED ENOUGH TO KNOCK ONE IN WHILE TORONTO GAPE USELESSLY AT A BACK PASS

This was hilarious. Tierney was a step offside when the pass was made, but Oduro flicked it back, so suddenly he was onside! Flag went up, flag went down, ball went in while 5 TFC players stood there with their hands raised. Play to the whistle, guys.

Dodgy-as-hell goal, but we got denied a clear penalty shout in the 2nd half so I'll take it. Lots of missed sitters tonight, I hope we're saving the goals for the playoffs.

15 minutes to go, Vancouver 1-0, this poo poo is great. So much pressure in Cascadia.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
So apparently the Rapids suck and can't even play spoiler. No surprises of course but...geez. This is pathetic.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

I suddenly hate this Colorado team almost as much as their fans.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

highme posted:

A) where you at?

B) chest pains? For reals? I watched without sound, so I missed anything about why he came off. Assumed it was lower leg.

442 since I see no point in going anywhere else as I have a specialized soccer bar 1.3 blocks from my place that gives me free booze and
I'm pretty sure it was chest pains as he mysteriously went down a few times and kept clutching his chest

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Horrendous defending by Colorado. Emblematic of their awful awful second half of the year.

We've seen this for 13 games this year. No surprise at all.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
jesus, ousted

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Wow Torres doing things. Shocking!

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:woop: :siren: Caps win! :siren: :woop:

They did it! gently caress Portland!

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Porter out

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Yay! Rapids go winless in 14! Hooray!

God this team sucks. They better do work this offseason because holy poo poo they're bad.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Toronto is the reason the caps are in the playoffs

basically gently caress canada is what I'm saying

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
Ousted made big, big saves twice in the last 5 minutes. Great scenes in Vancouver, SUCKS to be Portland.

Now tomorrow we get to see the seed order finalize in the east, and if Bradley Wright Philips will break the scoring record. I love this league.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Cityinthesea posted:

Toronto is the reason the caps are in the playoffs

basically gently caress canada is what I'm saying

Not emptyquoting this. Especially with our awful misfiring offense Laba has been key, and I'm not sure what it says about MLS relative to the Costa Rican league that Waston's been so much better than Drogadon suggested he'd be, but right now I don't even care playoff time!

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Sounders win the supporters shield the same day the Timbers fail to make the playoffs, it is a good day.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

goldrush posted:

They did it! gently caress Portland!
gently caress yeah. Today has been awesome.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Portland failed to make the playoffs months ago when we gave up a 2 goal lead to Seattle.

And yeah, Ousted's 2 saves late were clutch as gently caress.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

highme posted:

Portland failed to make the playoffs months ago when we gave up a 2 goal lead to Seattle.

And yeah, Ousted's 2 saves late were clutch as gently caress.

the more recent loss to Toronto was the hella-embarrassing one though, as they'e absolute dogshit. seattle earned every bit of success they had this season. begrudging kudos to our northern brethren!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

goldrush posted:

I really hope they end up coming out of the knockout round, even though I wouldn't be in town to travel up there for the first leg. That second leg in Seattle would be a lot of fun against Vancouver.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Looking forward to the Paulsen babbyfest on twitter.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Dallan Invictus posted:

Not emptyquoting this. Especially with our awful misfiring offense Laba has been key, and I'm not sure what it says about MLS relative to the Costa Rican league that Waston's been so much better than Drogadon suggested he'd be, but right now I don't even care playoff time!

He will be, trust me. He's a liability due to how slow he is. Haven't really watched him for Vancouver but if he has a fast partner in defense then he's probably ok. He will gently caress up badly though and it's not just my anti-Saprissa bias.

Also his goals are always just like the one yesterday, where he climbs over some defender to head it in, I call it the "Wastoninha". Some refs might see that as a foul and disallow his goals.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

These playoffs are going to be great, these are all fun as hell teams to watch.

Gonna have to cheer for philly today just so NY has a chance of a bye.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Drogadon posted:

Also his goals are always just like the one yesterday, where he climbs over some defender to head it in, I call it the "Wastoninha". Some refs might see that as a foul and disallow his goals.

Honestly I am a little surprised it wasn't disallowed (no matter how many times I watch the video it's hard to tell whether there was a foul on the play because he goes flying in at the ball like a missile) but then again I'm flat-out astonished that Seattle-LA yesterday ended with both sides still at full strength so maybe MLS refs are just forgiving.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

MLS refs are CONCACAF refs just like ours so I'm not really surprised, but I expected that he wouldn't get away with it as much as he did here.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Drogadon posted:

MLS refs are CONCACAF refs just like ours so I'm not really surprised, but I expected that he wouldn't get away with it as much as he did here.

Considering what I just saw this afternoon in Liga MX (Toluca-Leon), where six men were offside on a free kick, no ref whistled a thing, and the game-winning goal went in followed by eleven incredulous Toluca men wondered whether the ref was paid off or just stupid, yeah. CONCACAF. Catch the plague.

Also that Arrieta goal was offside. Between him and Di Vaio, I think it might just be Get Onside Free Weekend.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Also that Arrieta goal was offside. Between him and Di Vaio, I think it might just be Get Onside Free Weekend.

Plz leave Jairo alone. This is probably the last 90 minutes that he'll play for Columbus.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Goons putting on disgraceful crossbar challenges ITT

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Oh holy poo poo Columbus. Am I gonna have to drive all the way there to make fun of you assholes for choking against DOA Philly?

Edit: no. No I will not. Philly is trash.

Your Boy Fancy fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 26, 2014

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
So if I'm reading this right, KC now has to win by two (2) goals or more in order to escape the play-in game. Otherwise, KC hosts RBNY in the play-in. And if RBNY win by any margin, they escape the Terrordome and it's...SKC@CLB? I think?

What's the third tiebreaker? Wins, goal differential, Garber plays Twister with Gulati and the winner gets to delegate Bastian Schweinsteiger for a match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
GF is the third tiebreaker. And KC just has to win outright to get #3 seed.

• Locked thread