Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Why is the performance still so hosed? I was hoped this would be fixed for the full release. I have a apocalyptically good computer, but i get like like sub 20fps after reaching somewhere between 150-200 (and there are achievements for 1000+ prisoners), is it just me? Are they acknowledging the performance problems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Absorbs Smaller Goons posted:

Define "apocalyptically good". I've got a "good" computer, with i5 4570k, 8GB decent ram and 760GTX, and it won't really lag until I get to the 500's of prisoners and appropriate number of staff.

I can't remember the stats right now and I'm phoneposting. I nerd up pretty much every interesting game/AAA title that comes out and the only thing that dips below 60fps are these indie Unity games. Even that lovely Batman port was fine.

Oh and Dwarf Fortress, but Dwarf Fortress isn't a game, it's LIFE

I'm guessing that it's the fact that all these CPU intensive games don't make use of multiple cores for some gay reason, Toady can be excused cause he is insane and probably only NASA computers had multiple cores when DF was coded, but in a recent game it's kinda poo poo.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

The Kins posted:

They're baa-aack! What, did you think they'd stop at 1.0?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCszMNlwIwk

New features include shared "dormitory" cells with bunk beds, more controls for prisoner intake, nerfs and rebalances to make Escape Mode less easy, and the usual tweaks and bug fixes.

Please.... Performance tweaks.... :negative:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How do you guys feel about bunk beds? They seem kinda useless and a liability since being in a dorm decimates the prisoners need for privacy, but the only way to repair that need is for them to stay in a private cell.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

zedprime posted:

There's some discussions in the last couple pages about why dorms. I've never applied them widescale to a prison, but those who do usually say the privacy need isn't a huge deal, especially because dorms are big enough to stock with need meeting items to take care of every other need. The bigger problem is dorms can make for very dynamic escapes because everybody goes so you need to keep up on your tunnel finding.

I really like them as a scalable protective custody solution in a small prison.

I used them to make a cell block ala Prison Break where inmates are in 2x3 cells with a bunk bed, toilet and some books. MaxSec did not like that and threw a neverending hissyfit, but i switched that cell block to MedSec and they accept it. Everyone is more concerned about this loving gangleader that can't stay out of solitary right now anyway.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Gang leaders are kinda eehhhhh. The Alpha vid that introduced them made it seem like they were these criminal masterminds operating in the shadows, cause they save cheated in gang leaders without traits. In reality you get these legendary "extremely volatile" crackpots that can't go 24 hours without seeing the inside of solitary and shutting their gangs down in the process with a massive hissyfit. Hope they make another pass at it soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Can i edit my save to delete all mail bags somehow? For some reason my prison is drowning in mailbags to the point where there's no room to import food no matter how many mail rooms i make.

• Locked thread