Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

wilderthanmild posted:

So I just got this game today. I didn't really know about the whole grants and such part of how you make money, so I was broke. I somehow strung together a hellish 3rd world type prison where I had roughly 12 prisoners in cells and about 10 to 20 in holding cells. It was overcrowded and covered in filth. There were daily riots, and many killings. There were no janitors and no doctors and only 4 guards on staff to keep the peace. Riot cops were pretty much permanently assigned to my prison along with EMTs. Usually there were unconscious inmates and staff all over the place while the EMTs tried to catch up. For some reason it would calm down just enough to get the prisoners mostly to be only to start up as a fight as soon as the cell doors opened in the morning again.

Once I figured out the whole grants thing, I tried to catch back up to being a real prison, but it was already gone too far. It actually got worse in a sick way, with weird situations like doctors healing both an inmate and a riot cop who were locked in a perpetual fight to control the main holding cell. I can't imagine being a guard or an inmate in this hell prison.

This game rules.

e: are there any limits on riot cops time wise? It seemed like a hell of a bargain to just keep one or two teams of em around constantly beating inmates' heads in.

A giant holding cell used to actually be a tactic at the start of the game, where you would only move prisoners to cells once they started getting the privacy need maxed out. I remember having a 200+ prisoner holding cell, where there were several doors leading to the kitchen, shower, and yard. God that was a beautiful thing, and it lagged so bad.

Last time I tried this I ended up with a riot cooking off in there, and all of the guards dying instantly. plugged the exit with riot cops and ended up losing due to riot time lasting too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

BenRGamer posted:

Well, because I found the game awesome and it came back on sale again, I picked up the Name in the Game upgrade.

Quick, give me a prisoner name and bio to use.

http://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/crabs/

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Oh gee this guy wants to mop inside the armory, guess I better let him in.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Dareon posted:

I was under the impression that the new logistics mode made multiple canteens and kitchens a viable option, but no matter what, one of my kitchens never has any food. If I'm lucky, it's the small one and only 16 prisoners go hungry that day.

Fortunately no one's starved to death, thanks to guards bringing food to solitary inmates.

Sometimes you have to set which canteens the Kitchens serve manually. Especially check it if you make changes to the canteen.

If it is set, then unset and reset it again, cause :earlyaccess:

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Mister Bates posted:

Seriously. Their 'Bowels' need will fill all the way up, then a brown patch spreads around them on the ground and their bowels meter goes down slightly. I think I'm not giving them enough free time, they don't seem to bother to poo poo during lights-out and they can't poo poo during yard time or mealtimes; the rest of the regime is filled up with 'Work', so I guess if a prisoner is enrolled in reform programs with the current regime setup they just never get an opportunity to take a dump. I've got about 18 prisoners enrolled in a basic education class right now and every single one of them has poo poo in the classroom.

You'll definitely want shitters in the Canteen and the Yard, they'll use them there. I also put a few showers, phones, and benches pretty much everywhere.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Amused Frog posted:

Does designating an area as staff only stop visitors from passing through it?
No, visitors will be able to move through it.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

FadedReality posted:

Do I see morgue slabs in the visitation room?

and the kitchen, canteen and what looks like an office. The other desk is unzoned?

That is some amazing space utilization.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Is there still no way to turn of autobuying lights with foundation? Being johnny on the spot with cancelling doesn't always work out. I just had like 20+ trucks of lights show up and filled my storage with less than half of them. Almost had a riot due to a food shortage as I tried to empty the conga line of light trucks.

Edit: Oh, and continuous intake is hilarious now with Snitches. All 6 deaths have been from them in a 672 prisoner prison. The best was the one who got shanked in the protective custody block.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jul 8, 2015

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Bacon Terrorist posted:

How do I stop a riot? My guards won't enter the cell block.

If you hit lockup then your guards can't open locked doors anymore. I believe SWAT, under emergencies, can though.

Turning off lockup works too.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Coolguye posted:

Extremely tough on top of that

The first time I tried armed guards on freefire was a extremely volatile tough deadly fearless strong fast etc prisoner who was throwing his own one man riot in my canteen.

Shoulda just handed him the gun man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Not every prisoner has a privacy need either. It seemed to be less than half last time I played.

• Locked thread