Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
Is anyone suffering graphical glitches? Cause I sure am! I'm running windows 8 just in the likely case that it's the culprit. Otherwise I'm just having minor graphical glitches like the 'Z's from sleeping prisoners turning into flashy squares, as well as a chunk of my yard being a flashy square. It's mostly minor graphical glitches and whatnot and nothing big.

EDIT: How many cooks do I put per prison ratio? I don't think I am giving enough meals to feed all my prisoners. I have two sinks, ovens, fridges, and cooks. On that matter how many meals per day should I give and at what times?

What are good patrols for my guard dogs to go on? I've got one patrolling the cell block hall and one patrolling outside around the cell block.

What's a good regime? I honestly have no clue and would love some help concerning this.

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
So my dog gives a pile of clothes or a washing machine a very brief little dog icon. What can I do with this? How do I act on this? Or is this a simple blip saying 'I searched here'? And if some worker is carrying in a toilet or box of pipes or some poo poo and the metal detector goes off how do I get them to stop so I can search it? Once the item is installed the magnifying glass icon disappears.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Ok I have some questions. How do I act on a tunnel my dog found? I very briefly caught a glimpse of my drug dog giving me a shovel icon and a very brief blip of a disappearing flag. How exactly do I go about doing this?

My first prison is going surprisingly well, but I'm having a HUGE contraband problem. People tossing poo poo over the walls seems to be the main method of smuggling. Narcotics and tools mostly with a lesser degree on weapons and luxury items. I have metal detectors at vital checkpoints like cell block entrances, the prison entrance itself, visitor center and if I ever put prison labor in the kitchen, the kitchen.

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
I see a drug symbol by the name of a prisoner, does this mean they're currently intoxicated on drugs or what?

By the way I'm still experiences graphical glitches. Does anyone else experience those and if you fixed it, how?

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 9, 2014

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
I give up trying to teach my loving morons how to use tasers. I tried everything to get them to class. I tried the back to back class scheduling someone suggested. I tried turning off all their patrols and sending them to the classroom manually so that they will literally have nothing better to do than to wait. They sit there with the chief and nothing happens other than an hour of 'preparing' from the chief and nothing at ALL happening. Does anyone know a surefire way to do this, or hell at this point I'm willing to cheat it in because gently caress this refusal to learn.

EDIT: Okay so apparently setting classes up back to back to back will make the chief actually teach rather than just 'prepare'. The downside to this is that since I've had to take all my guards off patrols, deaths are on a gigantic increase. This combined with a far from 100% success rate with classes means taser teaching will go VERY slow.

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 12, 2014

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007

Spookydonut posted:

Yeah so what I found was that 10 guards show up before the first tazer class is scheduled. Soon as it hits the top of the hour they all just leave and the classroom sits empty.
The second class turns up before the class and does the class normally, as do any subsequent classes that day.
The 10 guards (10 is the max class size for tazers) who did the first class can't attend any others that day so eventually you'll end up with 10 who never earn tazer certification. The work around I've found until they fix the bug is to have a classroom with only a few desks so you reduce the guards who can't get the training. But keep in mind this might screw up your prisoner classes, and is something you need to do everytime you hire more guards.

I was reading something like this in my frantic search earlier to get certifications. Once you have all but the ten unattainable guards trained, wouldn't cancelling the first class force them to slot in at a future functioning class work too?

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Regarding tunnels: Is there any way of discovering tunnels other than dismantling toilets?

Also, is there any downside to just opening up all the jobs I have room for(Laundry, Cleaning cupboard, Kitchen).

Dogs. Dogs can detect tunnels. I like to set a night time pattern for dog patrols that go around the prison wings, so that way I'm always on top of any shenanigans. Watch out for false flags though as that can happen, but if your dog is detecting and dropping multiple flags in a row then that's a pretty clear indicator that something is amiss.

I only let prisoners take laundry duty, since that has no contraband and it really helps out in keeping prisoners clothed. Oh and metalshop I guess, although a warning on metalshops in that the only item they can smuggle out in a guaranteed fashion is an improvised pickaxe since it's not metal and therefore not detectable by metal detectors.

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 2, 2014

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Is that bug with the guards not taking tazing classes still in effect? Or was it finally fixed? I haven't played in a good while, before gang leaders for a good rough estimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

I don't think I've ever encountered that bug. Unless you mean 10%~ of your guards aren't completing the program, in which case that's intended. Not all guards will be qualified to carry one.

It was an old bug where guards wouldn't show up to the class and you had jump through some hoops and make weird schedules in order for them to even attend the class. I'm guessing it might have gotten fixed but some confirmation would be good.

• Locked thread