Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I know we're still on the first page and all, but that seriously needs to go in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
You can avoid every aspect of the death penalty if you'd prefer. In fact, it's a double pain and a half to actually have a death row. You won't have to go out of your way to pretend it's not there.

At least they treat the subject with a certain level of seriousness and gravity.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I'm disappointed to hear that the game will be "finished" (I assume they mean "Feature Complete") soon. I keep hoping for better simulation of barrack-style prisons, or at least for bunkbeds within cells. Or multiple beds per cell. Best yet, two bunkbeds per cell.

Yes, I know "holding cells" are kindof like barracks, but they don't properly count the number of beds for your prison when using them, and there's the ridiculous "privacy" need to STRONGLY discourage their use, despite the vast majority of American prisons using them.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

ModestMuse posted:

It does now. Your capacity includes the number of beds in the holding cell.

When did that happen? I haven't played in a few versions, only been watching the blogs... that was a major complaint of mine.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
If they made storage rooms capturable, would they be shaking down the janitors? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, to be honest.

That said, I'd like to see gang members be able to be employed for the purposes of getting easier access to contraband. Like, hire a gang member in the kitchen, and now EVERY shipment of food (not every box, but every shipment) is going to have some contraband in it, without fail. That sort of thing.

More complicated escape plans too. Plans that would require a distraction, such as a powerout or a riot... such as using your mattress to be able to cover the barbed wire at the top of a fence to climb over. Stealing keys. Hiding in a trashbag and getting thrown out. Something more than simple tunnels.

• Locked thread