Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Does anyone know of any traits to look for when trying to recruit a CI? And do you just dump them into solitary for a few days and hope for the best?
Also should I have toilets and beds in my solitary rooms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

It's a good idea to build a fence around your entire plot of land to prevent stuff like this. If a prisoner's only obstacle to the free world is a single jail door, they will try to escape every chance they get.

Ultimate dickhead prison: path to freedom is long, winding corridor of fences and gravel, stacked on one side entirely by armed guards ready to shoot to kill.

Are you a bad enough dude to make The Run?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I finally figured out how to get CIs they're super useful and if you don't search the cells with the CI active it doesn't raise suspicion.

Do you guys think they'll add gangs? I was thinking about it last night and they'd have to give us the ability to assign prisoners to cells before gangs could be put in, I think.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The dogs would flag maybe once per pass, maybe not at all, for a few days. I was getting that many alerts before any prisoners moved in. It wasn't until that night that they actually uncovered the tunnel, and I had searched the whole cell block at least twice before that. All the yellow flags were from a 5-minute span with two dogs circling the area.

You'd think the loving guards would be able to see the tunnel hollowed out behind the toilet if I tell them to look for it but they ALWAYS miss them, if i'm going looking for tunnels I have to dismantle the toilet.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Click on a prisoner in solitary, if they can be made a CI the button will appear to the right of their portrait under the 'Experience' tab.

Usually they have to be in solitary for a while, the default 2 hours as a punishment doesn't seem to do it very often. I give people an extra 6-12 hours in solitary and a few hours in the button appears more reliably.

It also helps if they're drying out. Basically recruiting CIs turns you into a monster as you throw people who are going through heavy withdraw into solitary for a day or two so you can break them and get info out of them.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hank Morgan posted:

Three murders in the time it took to upload and post the picture.

Do what I did and throw that legendary prisoner in solitary until he starves to death.

Guards are expensive to replace!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ellbent posted:

Just starting playing this and I'm having a blast. drat if those reform programs don't gently caress up the profit margin, though.

I noticed in a recent session that a prisoner was hanging out in the road with nothing separating him from escape. Once free time was over he turned right around and the guard stationed at the front gates let him back in. Guess he likes the place! I should probably use those "staff only" area things.

I like the idea that the prisoner is so dumb he thinks "free time" is time he spends out of the prison, and then he comes back because free time is over :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I always disliked that the perimeter wall didn't half the contraband throw distance. You show me a dude who can toss a bottle of hooch 50 feet over a 12 foot tall wall, game!

• Locked thread