Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Normally I get that if I do a search of the kitchen and the guards knock the pots off the ovens. Make sure to do your shakedowns just after dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I think a year is actually 5 in-game days. It certainly doesn't seem to be a 1:1 day to year ratio.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Sometimes cooks deliver food but they haven't managed to wash any serving trays so nobody eats it. Sometimes prisoners just hang around in the center of the room screaming about food and rioting when the food is right there. If you have multiple schedules the cooks will produce a silly amount of food for your single PC prisoner and then bin it all. Food has some work needed.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Yeah, I end up doing a shakedown every other night or so. As long as dudes are happy in other respects, it doesn't upset them too much.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The ones that hang out in the holding cell are really annoying. "I built that for the grant, no prisoners have ever been in there, none ever will be, get out!"

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I don't think I've really played enough to join in, but looking forward to seeing this. :)

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Good points about the staff needs, I'll opt out of the beta then.

How much have you played? I think as long as you know your way around the UI and have a passing familiarity with the basic systems you'll be perfectly qualified. Edit: in fact I reckon you should volunteer to give us our starter prison :)

*checks steam*

Oh only, uhh 147 hours, and I guess I bought it on day 1

Nah, pick the guy who just posted above :v: That should be much more fun!

Depending on how it goes, maybe you should have a rule about not bulldozing what others have put in unless it goes on fire or something. It's too easy to just wall off, knock everything down and start again. It would also be interesting with the ruined buildings option.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 2, 2017

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

jerkstoresup posted:

Sounds good to me, will start in about an hour. I can stream if anyone wants, but I doubt it will be interesting, and I'll ignore chat advice. Otherwise I'll just take a few progress screenshots.

Beta opt-in on or off?

I wouldn't mind watching, and I promise I won't offer any helpful advice!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

You guys are gonna love it. :allears:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

If I put all my snitches together in protective custody, will they murder each other? Not that they tend to live long enough for me to actually single them out at the moment...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

^ I like that one

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Same here, I have a 150~ prisoner max sec only prison going, and it's only just now, as I'm preparing to upgrade it to 200, that I've bothered setting up remote doors. I think that and cctv were the final things I researched.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

This is how mine is set up now. Supermax and max are split via staff only sections, protected can get into the library but nowhere else, they don't have any reason to go into the long corridor but I thought maybe they'd need access to the parole rooms. If I change somebody designation then they're marked as being in the wrong place and guards just come and drag them bodily through the staff-only corridor around the edge to where they need to be.

Here's that prison, for curiosities sake, I needed to upload something for the achievement anyway. http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=836300168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Reviving the LP, for anyone who was following that :) Next person to jump on gets the prestige of being first, second? warden!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804329&pagenumber=14&perpage=40#post471586697

• Locked thread