Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Gonna get back into this game, last time I played was like, when wiring was new I think. Are there any non obvious tips that I'd probably not know about? Also, any must have mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Is there something I'm missing with how to get prisoners interested in educating themselves? I seem to be getting fuckall on everything but spiritual studies.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

So I just found out that the DF death loop exists in this, being hungry because of rioting, rioting because of being hungry :v:

Speaking of food, if they have access to food will they eat in free time slots?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

First time planning out a prison before making it:

Tried to make it as modular as possible, each wing holds 10 prisoners, with two very tight shower sections at the start of each wing, top middle is the cantina, while the bottom middle is common room and yard. Every other room at the end of the wings are big enough to house any room.
And finally two fences(one normal one perimeter) to stop people from getting out.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 19, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

How do you peoples dog patrols look? Still trying to figure out a good way of keeping the tunnels away.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

So if my armory is connected to the outer wall, just keep the doors open in that? :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

There's two things I'd really love, a Search hotkey, and the ability to automate searches every day on cells.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Is there a way to have everyone but max/supermax be able to be in an area? Like say a shared cantina for low and med, with max having their own.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Made it easier by just making an airlock to the maxsec area zoned as protective custody :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Seems easier to just give each cell a shower and put them on lockdown for an hour or two in the morning :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

So I let my max sec people out to mingle with the med and lowsec for a day, bit of fighting happened and now a quarter of max sec is a CI :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

So uh... I guess I didn't spot that I had an Extremely Deadly, Tough, Volatile, Ex Law in my med security. He killed 6 before he was tazered down. Now I have to work out what to do with him.

Put him in a supermax wing, put other inmates you want to get rid of in the same wing.

This shitler rampaged his way through my maxsec wing, so I decided to make an entire other area for supermax and protected.
First thing he does when he arrives is tear up his apartment and kill a k9, time for magical teleporting lethal armed guards.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 21, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I really want a mod that allows you to hire inmates for a peacekeeper kind of role, like the ex law, fighters, tough etc, maybe some new traits that helps suppress riots naturally.

Like say to get qualified for it they should be in a good standing(say no weapon or drugs smuggled in for X amount of time, not being in fights, etc) and they'd help keep the populace suppressed, of course this'd put a decent target on their back though.

Speaking of which, I'd love positive suppression, like if you're in good standing you're allowed to legally order smokes, a bit of alcohol, etc.

Or hell, go in the other direction and go full corrupt to crime bosses :v: like a "donation" contract that requires you to place a certain prisoner in a specific type of cell(say a 5x5 cell with a couch, tv, etc)

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 28, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Thinking about max sec doomprisons and how guard towers aren't really possible, couldn't they make like, gun ports that guards can shoot through?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Shade2142 posted:

Thank god for tazers; whats the point of armed guards, if every regular officer has a tazer equipped...:whip:

Tazers aren't enough when you have to blam someone :commissar:

Also is it just me or have the kitchens gone a bit daft this update? spending most of their time sorting poo poo in the freezers over and over instead of making food, not making food ahead of time anymore, etc?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Do prisoner pathing realize how pressure plates work? To create one way routes etc?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What is even the point then? Might as well not have a door then.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

But that's humane.

Make a staff only 1 wide outdoor hallway outside each cell block for K9's to patrol so they can sniff out tunnels easily.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

kitchens can give food to multiple canteens by shift clicking instead of clicking normally with the food distribution.

Also this is weird, I'm slowly losing money on my prison but looking at the finance tab I should be in the green.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Are there any competent lpers of this out there?

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 14, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

That's why you don't let protective custody mingle with the rest of the place :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

A screenshot would be nice, but it might be because there's too many luxuries in the cell?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Do you have any holes in your prison? As always a screenshot would be nice.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I've had legendary medium sec.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I still hope they make it so that you can become a corrupt bastard with those gangs.

Or hell, another level of confidential informant that starts cracking heads of other prisoners if he's in a riot.

nielsm posted:

I wonder how well it'll work to put gang members, especially lieutenants, in maxsec, and have those on lockup most of the day. Would that prevent them from organizing plays and hiring more members? Not using punishments, just regular old lockup regime.

I've been thinking of making these like, gang cities to the side of the main prison where all gang members of a certain gang goes in.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

meatsaw posted:

Well that settles it. We need to be able to "Hannibal Lecter" the really bad ones - strap them to a gurney or make them eat though a deposit box, or something like that.

Not sure if you mean it the way of permanent solitary strapped to a bed, or cooking them for food :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I just search the cellblocks when they're in the yard.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Nah it's meant to be able to pierce the heavens(Or at least send a ton of guards there)

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Wait, can prisoners actually chop trees down now?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The staff door also has a pressure plate. It's really baffling.

The ai doesn't take pressure plates in account for doors etc.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I like how you said WHEN, and not IF :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Can you use babies as weapons in escape mode.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

You only get as many moms as you have momcells.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Make an airlock room that only the guards etc are allowed in between the two areas

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I want most of that UI on pc :v:

Also is there an easy way to calculate the dimensions of a dorm room to get X number of prisoners in it?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Is there a mod or something that allows you to have more prisoner levels? Like more than low/med/high/death. Would help a lot with staggering several parts of your prison during mealtime.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Staggering them means less prisoners in one place, which means they're easier to control, also lets one cell block cook for the block before.

Also wish there was a way to have like indoor guard towers, like maybe use a shop like thing to let them shoot out of?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Unless they update the ai to actually realize that anything other than walls exist, pressure pads will be useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

You wanna space out the planting anyway so you don't get huge loads of wood every once in a while, but rather a steady output of wood.

• Locked thread