Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I just had a bunch of prisoners in a classroom gang up on and attack a snitch ex-cop guy; he somehow survived, but there was blood everywhere and both him and a couple of his attackers were pretty badly injured. They had basically all had weapons, so I ordered a shakedown, and turned up hundreds of items of contraband (in a prison with only 50 min-sec inmates). I ended up with ~35 people lined up for solitary.

In particular, there was a guy who had turned into some sort of prison drug kingpin, the guy had almost 30 items of contraband in his cell and they were literally all some kind of drug or narcotic.

Also, my prisoners enrolled in reform programs keep making GBS threads all over the classrooms, the entire room is brown by the end of every class session. If I put toilets in the classroom will they use them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

RattiRatto posted:

What?
Never saw something like that. Anyway no, they won't.

It sometimes happen. Give them a punishment and guards will carry them away

Seriously. Their 'Bowels' need will fill all the way up, then a brown patch spreads around them on the ground and their bowels meter goes down slightly. I think I'm not giving them enough free time, they don't seem to bother to poo poo during lights-out and they can't poo poo during yard time or mealtimes; the rest of the regime is filled up with 'Work', so I guess if a prisoner is enrolled in reform programs with the current regime setup they just never get an opportunity to take a dump. I've got about 18 prisoners enrolled in a basic education class right now and every single one of them has poo poo in the classroom.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Forestry zones are OP in Escape Mode - especially because, in a lot of the Workshop prisons I've tried, nobody even bothered to fence off their forestry areas or do anything at all to make them difficult for prisoners to access. You can get shovels there, which are pretty nice digging tools, but more importantly, you can get axes, which are stupidly-powerful weapons that don't get picked up by the metal detectors. Arm your gang with axes and wait for the right moment, and you're unstoppable.

Also, has anyone else managed to successfully kick off a riot while in Escape Mode? The last time I played I managed to get a huge one going, and ran through the rioting crowds tossing out shotguns I'd stolen from the Armory (after tunnelling into the armory and stocking my entire cell block with concealed shotguns). The rioters slaughtered all the guards and busted down the doors while I just sort of ran around distributing weapons like some sort of insurrectionist Santa Claus.

Speaking of tunneling into the Armory, yeah, get creative with your digging. You might not be able to dig out of the prison from where you are, but a tunnel can output anywhere, and you can split up your squad to pull off some neat tricks. Tunnel a guy into the utility room to cut the power to the cameras! Tunnel a guy into the armory to steal some guns! Tunnel into the Supermax wing to recruit some of those legendary prisoners!

Basically, what I'm saying is that escape mode is awesome.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Are forestry zones still an incredibly easy source of infinite axes for prisoners to steal? I noticed that while trying to escape from one of my prisons once and committed to never allowing prisoners access to a forestry zone again.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
For the hell of it, I decided to give escape mode a try on a workshop prison, specifically one called 'The Beast' whose description said it was specifically built around escape mode, and making a difficult-to-escape prison.

It turns out the primary means by which this was done involved staffing the prison with a fuckoff huge number of guards, ensuring that you were under observation at basically all times.

While this is the primary strength of the design, it's also the primary weakness, because once you get a few skill upgrades, guards are just big mobile bags of free reputation points.

To the designer's credit, the first riot ended with the majority of the prison population dead and control restored. So did the second riot. But every one gave me hundreds upon hundreds of rep - and the prison's continuous intake ensured that new cannon fodder was constantly arriving, to replace those killed in previous riots. By the third riot, when I had six maxed-out legendary prisoners, things were starting to get a bit rough - and, by the fifth riot, when I had a dozen maxed-out legendaries, I had really started to run away with it.

The best part is that the final riot, which killed enough guards that I was able to take the majority of my squad and fight my way to the exit, happened completely without my input. I was in the process of tunneling to the power generator room, so I could destroy it to cut off the doors and cameras when the next uprising started. My squad were acting autonomously off on their own, and went ahead and started massacring guards during lunch, inciting everyone else in the prison to do the same. Once they all got their hands on truncheons it was all over, not even armed guards stood a chance.

I had to leave a few people behind, but in the end, nearly a dozen people escaped, in two waves. It only cost the lives of several hundred guards and around a thousand fellow prisoners.

• Locked thread