Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I am sure this has been asked before, but is contraband automatically destroyed when it is found? I ask because whenever I do a shakeup it always immediately pops up with having found a ton of items before anything even gets searched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Gaj posted:

Yes, discovered contraband is destroyed once is it found by your guards. However, dropped items like batons, keys, and guns are free to be picked up by prisoners until a guard or staff member cleans up said item.

Odd, my staff must be dropping stuff like crazy. Things like shanks, poison, alcohol, and so on are among the instantly discovered stuff, which is why I figured they were searching prisoners then just throwing the stuff on the ground.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I was thinking you could just put your gang leaders all in supermax and keep it isolated from the rest of your prison similar to PC. It won't fully shut down gangs because there will still always be gang members coming in through intake, but it seems like it would prevent any new recruitment happening.

I thought that gang members get upset if they are separated from The Boss or The Boss gets locked up or punished somehow?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

dogstile posted:

I'm just going to try a normal prison at first, with mainly med sec with a few max, to see what sort of hierarchy we get going and how many areas they take over, etc. Might just let the gangs rule the prison aside from specific areas, why the hell not.

It may grind it to a standstill, though. Yeah, who gives a drat if they take the store or workshop, but the canteen, showers, all of that vital infrastructure could fall too

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Three-Phase posted:

I had a crappy common room that was hotly contested by all three gangs in my prison. However it go to a point where with the crackdowns and armed guards, everyone was supressed.

So I got twenty-four gang members, eight of three gangs, that would simulataneously try and make a play for the common room, but due to the small guard presence plus their being suppressed, nothing ever happened. They just stood around awkwardly for two to four hours doing absolutely nothing, then putting their shirts on and leaving.

I can only imagine the conversations after about an hour of awkward silence.

I also found that if you simultaneously put your gang leaders in solitary, that will almost guarantee a catastrophic, prison-destroying riot. Instantly.

That is hilarious. I have just started playing again and I am hoping for stuff like this.

My only wish at the moment is for some way to direct that THIS inmate have THIS cell so I can sort the gangs. Right now the only real way is to screw with the danger rankings and I feel bad mixing tax evading accountants with the Crips

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Is there a reason why my framerate is fine in every situation and layover, but utterly tanks when i go to the Deployment menu?

VVVV Oh, uh, I guess you can. For some reason it wasn't working the last time I did it so I thought I imagined that I could do it.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 1, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I have spent the last couple days playing this game near continously, only stopped because having 350 prisoners plus appropriate staff was lagging my computer. Forgot how fun this was.

Next I should make an aethstetically pleasing and realistic prison like they have in the videos instead of playing the "oh I can squeeze another cooker in front of the door, they will just path over it anyways" tricn

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dirk Pitt posted:

This is what I am going to do. I am going to aim for 300 people in my prison then cash out and start one with gangs. What is appropriately staffed? My goal is to start using remote doors and cctv for more things. The trick I learned with remote doors is to hook them up to two door controls so it is less likely the guard manning it will be taking a poo poo or whatever.

I'd like to try the max sec/super max on one side of the road, and min and normal on the other. The downside is I'll have to not take prisoners while doing research I guess.

I basically have 50/50 max/normal prisoners, both of which are separated by an airlock and have their own version of everything. For me "appropriately staffed" means somewhere around 2:1 prisoner:guard ratio, as well as probably 20 of each of the other types except gardener, since it is an entirely indoor prison for once. Even with hundreds of staff members I still stay around +$20k income every day because Max sec prisoners give so much.

Honestly, I am surprised that they didn't tweak max sec to be even more of a nightmare. Get enough guards with enough tazers and you can easily handle mass quantities of them.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Very pretty prison!

I sometimes wonder if my prisons look so hideous because my favorite part of the game are the riots.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

widespread posted:

Okay, this new update sounds cool. Makes it sound like more an RTS if you get too much gang poo poo. Wonder if I can use my $1.6mil save for the newer stuff.

I mean, it basically is "people took over the common room, send in guards to flush them out with a press of a button"

I am kinda disappointed that only a couple rooms could be taken over, I wanted to see the gangs taking a kitchen or something else that would seriously disrupt the prison

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

texasmed posted:

Gangs don't tend to meet up, or hang out in kitchens.

True, but who cares about common rooms? I have never had a riot because people couldn't play pool in one specific spot

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I wonder if your can still have programs of they take it over.

Probably not, but I would love to see AA meeting sponsored by the East Side Saints

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Not if you lock them in their cells for the duration of their stay!

My PC cells have tvs, weight benches, telephones, all the commodities of home except they aren't allowed to go outside.

Shouldn't have been a snitch, I guess

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

jerichojx posted:

I am having trouble getting more gangsters. I have 200 inmates with about half of them med and max sec evenly. Should I get more max sec guys?

Gangs only really become a threat when a leader comes in and typically those guys are maxsec so sure. You can get plenty of footsoldiers with med sec but they don't do much

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

How do all of you typically set up your prison to filter out the security types? I have a low-sec and a mid-high section with a holding cell in between. I want to keep the low sec out of the high sec, but if I set the hallway to "__ only" then I have issues moving prisoners from the holding cell to their proper quarters

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Okay, so you don't have any mixed-sec areas. I might just need to put up and make everyone above low sec the same if I want to section things the same.

I mostly had an issue with low-secs being assigned to laundry and deciding that they would go get a laundry basket from murder alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

"Your prisoners are rioting! Would you like to purchase Riot Police for $1.99?"

• Locked thread