Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
The game's awesome but it seriously needs gangs and death row. Death row guys should be the most hardcore since they have committed the most disgusting crimes and have nothing to lose. I know in real life a large amount of people on death row seem to settle down, be peaceful and other stuff but that would be boring for gameplay.

Also this game makes me want to recreate OZ's emerald city. That show loving ruled even if the later seasons were kind of whacky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Yeah this game needs gangs, there's so much potential with gangs it's unreal. Picture having snitches being double agents or having guards get corrupted and help out some gang members or allow for murders to happen. Drugs and everything would be totally different.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

This game is $5.99 on Steam for the next 2 days

How's the latest release? Still generally good? Close enough to a real game that I wouldn't regret paying $6 for it?

The devs have proven themselves to be extremely competent so I honestly shouldn't expect the quality to drop at any point, well worth the price in my opinion.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Wow these guys... and gangs will continue to get work! Now I need to get back into PA, I haven't had a proper run since like 22. So much to catch up on. :v:

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

The devs are worried about making death row unserious due to how relevant it is today in the US, they want to avoid making your prisons turn into death factories full of prisoners being prepared for the chair, they want it to be rare and allowing murderers in your prison be put on death row would do the opposite, you'll have people allowing murder to go on just to grab that 10k cash. There's also the fact the devs always want there to be doubt if the person is actually guilty or not, having guys on DR you know for certain did the deed destroys that element and turns death row into a easy, guilt free way of making mad money.

However you can always easily edit the save, so there's that too. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

These guys are seriously awesome. Take note every other indie dev on EA because these guys know how it's done.

Honestly, did anyone here ever imagine them adding something as big as loving escape mode? Holy balls this is amazing and huge.

• Locked thread