Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I would kill for a decent UI in dwarf fortress.

My prisons are always testaments to a lack of any actual planning. Buildings are just rammed down where there's space and inevitably the High Sec Prisoners leaving the Canteen at some point meet the Protected Custody going to the Showers and a bloodbath occurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

McGlockenshire posted:

It takes way more than three days to starve a prisoner to death, and a doctor can heal through it. :unsmigghh:

Prisoners don't starve anymore they just get super angry and kick off.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Thawixx posted:

Oh they starve. 3-4 days of lock-down made my population from 108 to 10. Guess there was 10 inmates with a stash of contraband ;-)

The latest patch said they removed starvation, I was lied to! The betrayal stings.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Blackray Jack posted:

So my dog gives a pile of clothes or a washing machine a very brief little dog icon. What can I do with this? How do I act on this? Or is this a simple blip saying 'I searched here'?

It's just showing the dog is searching it for contraband. If they find anything they'll let you know.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Blackray Jack posted:

Ok I have some questions. How do I act on a tunnel my dog found? I very briefly caught a glimpse of my drug dog giving me a shovel icon and a very brief blip of a disappearing flag. How exactly do I go about doing this?

If you're sure there's a tunnel nearby you have to deconstruct the toilets of nearby cells or quickly search the suspected cells at nightime before the tunnel diggers can get back to their beds. Dogs often throw up false flags though so it's best to have a sniff around an area for a second one before you start wrecking poo poo.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Stereotype posted:

Does searching the toilets not find the tunnel anymore?

I think there's a chance it will but it's a pretty low chance, I've never seen them manage it. Best way to reveal them is to dismantle the toilet or wait until night time and then call for a manual search of the cell to catch them in the tunneling act. Don't do a shakedown, they'll run back to bed for that.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

OwlFancier posted:

Logically, snitches should always be known as such to the prison, because otherwise why are they snitches?

Sometimes people are accused of Snitching even though they haven't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
They said anything on Gangs recently? I'm going to hop back on when those go in but they don't sound nearby.

• Locked thread