Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

TMMadman posted:

I would have liked to see a whole game of Flynn vs Ponder. It would have been ineptness at it's best.

We did last year. It ended in a tie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TMMadman posted:

Seriously, the NFL needs to just stop playing games on Thursday. Or maybe start it later in the season and only have teams that have come off a bye week. Because the short rest obviously has some kind of effect on the game if the last 3 games have been the three biggest blowouts in TNF history.

I actually agree with this. As much as I like football, I miss just having it on Sunday and Monday.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

We did last year. It ended in a tie.

That was three quarters of Tolzien and got us Tolzien pressing the circle button on Guion for a TD.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

TMMadman posted:

Seriously, the NFL needs to just stop playing games on Thursday. Or maybe start it later in the season and only have teams that have come off a bye week. Because the short rest obviously has some kind of effect on the game if the last 3 games have been the three biggest blowouts in TNF history.

What're you even talking about???....oh.

Although the phrase "TNF history" makes me laugh.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

TMMadman posted:

it needs to end but less because of blowouts (which are hilarious) but more because it's against any notion of player safety

if they really want to keep it, loving add a second bye week and make thursday games only ever played by teams coming off a bye

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

vlad3217 posted:

Zoroastrian Ruminate

i read that as zoroastrian ruminant, which seems fitting, too

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
I've literally never touched a football, never held one on my hands, I've no idea how much the thing even weighs, have no idea how to spin it right, never was very good at throwing things, yet I'm confident I would throw it better than Christian Ponder.

Fucks sake.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
packers bitch

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

TMMadman posted:

This was the first game I actually set out to watch this year. I only planned on it because I thought Teddy was playing, and by the time I found out he was not my mind was set on watching it. Thursday night football is garbage. There are almost never good games. It has been a joke since day 1. Of course, because of money it will never go away, but it should (this described so many things since Goodell took over hah)

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

wheez the roux posted:

it needs to end but less because of blowouts (which are hilarious) but more because it's against any notion of player safety

if they really want to keep it, loving add a second bye week and make thursday games only ever played by teams coming off a bye

dunno about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butthead
May 31, 2011
I don't think the issue is player safety. One of the problems is that the quality of the matchups are being degraded due to injuries from the previous week. For example, Bridgewater being out completely killed any hopes for the Vikings to win last night. He would have played if the game were on Sunday

The other issue is teams don't have enough time to game plan, so when a Teddy Bridgewater sits out, you are stuck having Christian Ponder trying to do the things that Teddy Bridgewater does well.

• Locked thread