Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Christian Ponder starting. Well gently caress my rear end...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Top Hats Monthly posted:

how mad is paul allen right now

i must know
Paul Allen is awful

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

#8 - Jake Locker
#10 - Blaine Gabbert
#12 - Christian Ponder

woof

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Kraken posted:

Minnesota is passing way too much

Ponder shouldn't have even thrown a pass yet
Bring in MarQueis

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

The counterpoint to Wisconsin being poo poo is Minnesota is pretty much identical even though no one believes it.
Actually the people in Minnesota aren't quite constantly drunk so no they're not identical.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

E_Motion posted:

He might be the best #3 QB in the league though!

Why did the Vikings start Ponder for so many games again?
He was actually serviceable in 2012. And then he got hurt in the last game and we got the Joe Webb experience.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ponder with an accurate deep ball :stare:

Wright drops it :mad:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dubious posted:

Vikings are peepee and doodoo
Nah, but they'll look like it when they're starting their #3 QB.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The really loving weird thing about Ponder is that every once in a while he'll throw a great-looking deep ball, even if it doesn't have a lot of velocity behind it, and he ends up so shocked by what he just did that won't attempt another one for the rest of the game.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Doctor Candiru posted:

Then he'll miss ten 5-yd passes in a row and then admit that he could've done a better job and won't wind up improving because this team is the definition of constant failure and disappointment and we're all totally used to it.
I'm not sure who's worse: incredibly pessimistic fans or incredibly smug fans.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

wheez the roux posted:

worst sportscaster in football as a whole is beyond a shadow of a doubt Matt loving Millen
It is the Vikings' Paul Allen. He is such a whiny shitlord that he once threw his headset after a Seahawks TD in a game there about ten years ago. He is awful.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

GO FOR IT MIKE YOU FAT FUCKIN IDIOT
Crazy Ted NFL commissioner platform: no punts allowed on 4th and 2 or less.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

The vikings offense is seriously crippled if they can't score vs the packers defense
Well they're on their #3 QB and a 1/2 running back combo that features an undrafted fourth-year guy and a rookie who was a QB in college.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ah the subtle nut shot

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

I just ate like 75 california pitted dates
Congratulations on not pooping for the next month.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

No short passes are working tonight on either side.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Strobe posted:

Announcers: "Josh Robinson, turned, didn't touch the receiver"

Replay shows Robinson with a handful of receiver's jersey just before the guy eats dirt.

Riiiiiiight.
He grabbed his jersey, but the WR did lose his footing. The two weren't related, but you probably could have called Defensive Holding on the play.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh God, this is going to be the final score.
What if there's another tie :f5:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Okay just punt it now.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well this game pretty much has taken a giant poo poo after that second touchdown.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EmbryoSteve posted:

jesus christ who was he throwing it to
Someone tipped the pass.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

zimbomonkey posted:

it was tipped at the line

who it was going to before that is a mystery.
It was going to Patterson, but Patterson slipped.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

We're going to see Harnish.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

And the defense really hasn't been that bad for the last quarter.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Soothing Vapors posted:

keep going I'm close
To be fair if you're one of those retards that is actually happier when the rival team loses than when yours wins you're pretty much human trash.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

volumecontrol posted:

I think all CBS shows are either #1 or close to it, (old) people have awful taste.
On the flip side, I think NBC is somehow #12 in the ratings.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Retail Slave posted:

Yeah but what if you're one of those people who is twice as happy when your team kicks the poo poo out of a hated rival rather than some other team?
Well then that's okay. But really, this game was going to happen once Teddy Bridgewater was ruled out.

Thursday night games are poo poo. The visiting team is on their #3 QB. This was never not going to be a blowout.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Aubergine Mage posted:

Ponder is going to die out there and his blood will be on Zimmer's hands.
Well then at least they won't have to cut him!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

nm posted:

They do, but the coach can't really say "gently caress Christian Ponder" on the air.
He could say "If it wasn't for my quarterback this game would be 14-0" and split the difference.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

A marching band? SOMEONE GET THE WOLVES

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Excelzior posted:

has a QB ever posted a rating of 0 for a game
It's happened a number of times, actually.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bill Cowher thinks Christian Ponder is a spread quarterback?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ellipson posted:

"Its not his fault"
Yeah. I loved how in the CBS Halftime Show they excused Ponder's performance as being down to a high amount of pressure from the Packers' defensive line.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Doctor Candiru posted:

Easily the most inexplicable pick of Rick Spielman's tenure. I will never figure out what they saw there.
It's amazing considering how good Spielman has been with the draft otherwise.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Gerty posted:

If I were John Kuhn I'd change it to Puhn
Or John Kuhnt and watch announcer try to figure out how to say his name.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

wheez the roux posted:

i have a 2 bedroom to myself plus a futon in the living room. lets gently caress some old people
Do you have any Ben-Gay?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

#3?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Doctor Candiru posted:

Yeah, objectively, he's been great. He must have just panicked, or maybe he deferred to Musgrave, who must have some sort of head injury.
Well it's because everyone imagines that you absolutely need to pick quarterbacks in the first round when you think you need a QB for the future, and it's loving dumb.

I remember when Matthew Stafford was drafted, and the ESPN guys weren't saying he was the best player to pick #1, but he'd be the SEXY PICK YOU WANT THE SEXY PICK

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

That was a valuable mic'd up segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

Quarterbacking 35 points up. Driving 35 beers in. Wisconsin don't quit.
Then you get pulled for a DUI and you blow a .39 but since it's Wisconsin you get a $100 fine and you have to pinky swear to never do that again.

• Locked thread