Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wish Magicant was on Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

ChaosArgate posted:

Hanenbou, Balloon Fight, Big Blue and Wily's Castle are all contenders for worst stage.
It's like you've completely blocked out the existance of the Flat Zones.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I just named a few stages off the top of my head, I think Flat Zone is garbage in any incarnation and Pac Land is a horrible abomination that should never exist. I also think Palutena's Temple, New Pork City and Great Cave Offensive are among the worst stages.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Great Cave Offensive is my favorite for the music/aesthetic so I'm glad Nintendo even thought to put an omega version option in this game in the first place.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The omega version shares a heavy likeness to the original smash bro's classic mode Metal Mario stage, and I'm salty that the song for that stage wasn't included.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

big blue owns because sonic can outrun the cars with a bunny hood on

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
What about speed forme shulk

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

NTT posted:

What about speed forme shulk

shulk wasn't born yet, he was still an egg

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I just named a few stages off the top of my head, I think Flat Zone is garbage in any incarnation and Pac Land is a horrible abomination that should never exist. I also think Palutena's Temple, New Pork City and Great Cave Offensive are among the worst stages.

Get out.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

You first, that stage is a shitpile that looks like someone drew it in MS paint in the 90's, has walk offs on both sides, and is a scrolling stage.

I went 2 months without unlocking it just because I wanted to minimize the chance of it showing up anywhere

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

You first, that stage is a shitpile that looks like someone drew it in MS paint in the 90's, has walk offs on both sides, and is a scrolling stage.

I went 2 months without unlocking it just because I wanted to minimize the chance of it showing up anywhere

actually, pac land owns because you and some friends go on a journey to meet a fairy who gives you a pair of shoes

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

TheKingofSprings posted:

Walk-offs are fun and some scrolling stages are fun (everything but Mushroomy). It also looks rad and cool.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The Pac-Land stage also has water sections where you can't swim, including one with no edges where the AI can barely ever get across, and the stage can cause a boosted jump from the fairy, a Super Mushroom from a fire hydrant, and Star effect from I think a trigger near a cactus? It's really fun when you want something a bit chaotic.

I also like all the Arcade Remixes on that stage.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I will also voice my support for Pac-Land.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

actually, pac land owns because you and some friends go on a journey to meet a fairy who gives you a pair of shoes

this guy gets it

Little Mac posted:

Walk-offs are fun

this guy is insane

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The best part about Pac-Land is that it could not fail as a stage. If it's a good stage, then great, we get a good stage.

But since Pac-Land was a bad game, it also works perfectly for the stage directly based on it to be a bad stage. And indeed, all the reasons given for why Pac-Land is a bad stage are reasons the game was bad, too.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't believe people are hating on the electroplankton stage

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Pac-Land and all moving stages are great, unless you are a "camper" or some other manner of coward.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I really want to see a Shulk/Kirby team in a 2v2 because it sounds absolutely disgusting if you can give Kirby a guaranteed monado buff from his teammate. It absolutely breaks everything about Kirby's moveset being able to move twice as fast/do twice as much damage/smash people much harder (especially with dair -> smash combos and his bair)

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
jump kirby is hilarious, he has gimp power unlike any other character in the game

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is it kosher to ask if anyone has a Club Nintendo registration number for this game that they aren't going to use? Maybe we can arrange a deal of some kind. If it's not allowed then welp.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Which version? I know which thread we're in, but just want to clarify which code anyway.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

Which version? I know which thread we're in, but just want to clarify which code anyway.

I'm looking to get the 3DS code. I only have a regular 3DS and couldn't stand playing the demo on that tiny screen but I just bought a Wii U with the intention of getting Smash.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I just got this and is there no real single player? Last smash I played was on gamecube and so is this mode where you fight goombas and random poo poo and get power ups the new single player? it seems weird and sucks rear end.

Also I have a club nintendo code for it if someone wants to trade for a code from another game or whatever

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

African AIDS cum posted:

I just got this and is there no real single player? Last smash I played was on gamecube and so is this mode where you fight goombas and random poo poo and get power ups the new single player? it seems weird and sucks rear end.

Also I have a club nintendo code for it if someone wants to trade for a code from another game or whatever

Under "games and more" there's Classic and All Star modes.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Under "games and more" there's Classic and All Star modes.

Which one is like the single player on gamecube where you fight the big hand at the end?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Classic.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Thanks.

Having a really hard time getting into this game tbh, there are so many times where I can't see whats even going on on the 3ds' pitiful low res screen, especially when it zooms way out. I think the smash bros games have passed me by. Very frustrating.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

African AIDS cum posted:

Thanks.

Having a really hard time getting into this game tbh, there are so many times where I can't see whats even going on on the 3ds' pitiful low res screen, especially when it zooms way out. I think the smash bros games have passed me by. Very frustrating.

Get a WiiU, or some glasses, grandpa. :corsair:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Thanks.

I'm sorry you have a regular non XL 3DS

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I'm sorry you have a regular non XL 3DS

It is XL

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Get some eyeglasses then.

I'm joking of course, but I don't really have any problems with the 3DS's screen when it comes to spotting my fighter.

My biggest problems in terms of not spotting my fighter has everything to do with 8-Player Smash on the Wii U version.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Well your eyes must work fine, because mine don't have a problem with this tiny little game :smug:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Smash 3DS is some good poo poo, and I'm honestly shocked it controls as well as it does.

The Mega Man stage is raw garbage though.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Smash 3DS is some good poo poo, and I'm honestly shocked it controls as well as it does.

The Mega Man stage is raw garbage though.

Agreed and agreed.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

Which one is like the single player on gamecube where you fight the big hand at the end?

You're thinking of Classic, depending on which version you're playing Classic is either great or terrible. 3DS classic is fun, but Classic kinda sucks in the U version where Crazy Orders is the far superior substitute..

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I've always been mega-bad at Smash Bros games and this one is no exception - I just have trouble keeping track of my character amidst all the chaos (especially if there's more than 2 players) and learning what items do what without getting my rear end kicked. Is there any hope for an idiot newb scrub like me?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

I've always been mega-bad at Smash Bros games and this one is no exception - I just have trouble keeping track of my character amidst all the chaos (especially if there's more than 2 players) and learning what items do what without getting my rear end kicked. Is there any hope for an idiot newb scrub like me?

Yes

Don't use items

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Xenomrph posted:

A small thing you can do is tap your character portrait just as the match begins, it'll highlight your character a little more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oh hey, I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks!

• Locked thread