Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Anybody happen to know an ETA on that download content stuff? I just finished beating Classic mode as every character and now I want more.

Spring 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, with just how many stages we've already seen, I'm kinda worried that unlockables stages will be the one place the Wii U version falls short. I'm just having trouble imagining that stage select screen getting even more options added to it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Man, I almost could go with that if it wasn't for "Sakurai scrapped stages solely to disprove my leak"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ridley thing to, and not just because it's Ridley either. Ganondorf was unlocked via a themed Event Match, Ridley just shows up in the middle of a stage. It's nothing alike.

Also Mount Dedede and GCO have literally nothing to do with each other even visually.

Well, had the given explanation been "There was going to be a cave/mountain-y Kirby stage and the original concept was Mt Dedede and then evolved into GCO"...yeah. But someone honestly suggesting that a leak would cause actual scraping of features/content is INSANE.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I think the reaction is less "How dare the mass produced version differ from the E3 prototype" and more "The actual mass-produced versions look kinda lovely"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
According to the direct from the other day, you can't do 8-player online. I would presume that excludes 5-through-7 player online as well, but Nintendo may surprise us.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

mabels big day posted:

Where's pic of the day

On Sakurai's Miiverse.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

DoctorWhat posted:

Every tournament I've ever attended or watched streamed takes loving forever between matches to an inexcusable degree. The downtime is ludicrous and there's no excuse for it.

Until fighting games implement a button-check-lobby session before matches, there's always gonna be some downtime as everyone makes sure their poo poo works.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So what are the odds that every single PotD from now til the Wii U release is going to be either Menus or Alt Colors?

EDIT:

EDIT DOS: Due to being called an assjack, I am now obligated to tell you that I know the guy who made that gif. And he's a goon and has a tumblr and poo poo.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Oct 28, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I just found out that the eShop (via their new website) interface is allowing pre-orders on Smash 4! How handy!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Welp...that's that. Sakurai has officially run out of poo poo to show us for the PotD. Pack it in folks.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Gyra_Solune posted:

They were kind of lame anyway.

Though I wonder how you'll get the male WFT trophy. Will you have to do Classic twice as WFT?

Maybe it'll be like the Koopa Kids trophies, where you get a Female Wii Fit Trainer for Classic, and the Male Trainer will be in the shop/random drop.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
There's no way to save old replays, is there? I've got a couple that I'm gonna be sad to lose with the 1.04 update.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Countblanc posted:

Metaknight commited the cardinal sin of being top tier in a past smash game, he'll never be good in Smash 4. They could release a patch that did nothing but give him infinite jumps and extend his sword the length of Smashville and he'd still somehow be bad. It's a curse, and the sooner you learn to accept it the sooner the healing can begin.

I just had the strongest deja vu about this post. Serious question, was this a topic discussed in the old Brawl thread or something? With the exact comparison of a ludicrously unbalanced buff patch being made?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Its not Smash that's causing it, its the patching process in general; seems to be affected a certain batch of Wii U's that have faulty flash memory chips.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Gonna set my Diddy amiibo to the Dixie color scheme and name it Bonzi

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Go through Smash Run and pick up nothing but the custom parts bag; this will not only give you new moves but also Mii hats and outfits. Remember you can only carry 10'or 12 things out with you, so don't get the stacks of coins.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Minidust posted:

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I had actually been wondering if items were being pushed out of my rewards queue by picking up too many (since I could see I had more items than what showed up in the final results screen... wasn't sure if I was being penalized for something).

I'll stick to custom part rewards in Smash Run then. Those are the bags with the wrench icon, right?

Correct. The ones with the rainbow square icon are Smash Run powers, which you'll need for a different challenge, but if you want custom parts, wrench bags are the way to go.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wild Knight posted:

You're sure about only being able to carry so many rewards? I feel like I've generally kept everything I pick up.

Yep, only the ones left on screen when you finish are kept.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Folt The Bolt posted:

Also, got the next batch of amiibos. I'm very surprised that Robin's amiibo doesn't look at all like the official image. He resembles more his official game trophy, which is good. No need for Rabin.

Incredibly jealous. Wave 4 has been a clusterfuck for me, and I had to resort to PlayAsia for one and an ebay seller for another :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

:catstare:

What the gently caress do you mean "he has none"?

Mewtwo doesn't have any custom moves at all. Just the default ones. There was some evidence that he was originally planned to have a full set, but they were dummied out for some reason, and the Wii U version interface even explicitly says "there are no custom moves"

• Locked thread