Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

TubeStank posted:

The Bears lost and everything is good.

Three straight possessions with turnovers.

Amazing.

And Atlanta is going to murder them next week

At least there won't be any illusions of making the postseason unlike the last few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JT Jag posted:

This has not been a very good football weekend for me.

With the way yesterday went you still should have enjoyed it even though Bama went down though. Hell if you're going to lose you might as well do it while everyone else in the world is too.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears may lose all of their remaining games

Leonard Williams is cool

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Marlon Brown sitting and staring at the bomb that would've gotten a TD or down within the 5 made me very sad

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Sour Diesel posted:

The Ravens defense is great against the run, but can't generate a pass rush. I don't know what the hell was going on with the other half of the time but it sure isn't anything I'd call offense.

All things considered they actually had pretty good coverage given that we barely had anyone in Luck's face all game.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

That game felt like I watched the Ravens have possession only 3 times.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Refs are a travesty, Ravens need a pass catcher who can catch passes, and UDFA Left Tackles aren't always the best. Webb was a huge help in the secondary but the Ravens offense couldn't compete against the Colts D which means we should lose every future away game.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

CJ Mosley and Terrence Brooks are both cool and good

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

lmao the bears

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a bad, bad, BAD quarterback.

He needs to be benched.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Odell Beckham is already better at route running and catching balls in traffic than Reuben Randle. Please stay healthy.

Jennings got knocked out of the game too with a knee injury so hope he isn't too badly hurt.

Giants started the game how I feared they would. Falcons came out in a lot of ace personnel with extra protection and chipping JPP to make up for their injuries on the OL, and when you have Julio and Roddy you can get away with 2 or 3 man routes and max protecting. But whatever Coughlin did to piss the DL off at halftime had them play in the 2nd half like they should have the whole game.

NFC Beast 3-0 this week; the redskins also play tomorrow but disregard them for the time being.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

So the NFC East has two 4-1 teams and one 3-2 team and yet I feel like all of those three can spontaneously combust before the season ends and it would surprise no one.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

rebel1608 posted:

Bill O'Brien is a loving idiot. We've been gashing Dallas with the run and it's 3rd and 2. I know, let's call AN EMPTY BACKFIELD AND LET FITZ THROW IT.

If you're going to pass it, you at least run the play action

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

CJ Mosley and Terrence Brooks are both cool and good

Second. If Jernigan ever sees the field again we'll be pretty good. The Ravens generated a lot of pressure this game but the Colts held all game and Luck is excellent at maneuvering around rushers.

If that's played at home I think it's a win but we still have to play another 6 games on the road so...

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.
I honestly think that the Rams aren't that bad. Austin Davis has shown himself to be completely capable of running this offense, and we've had a lot of production in the last two games. The Defense didn't play that well against the Vikings or the Cowboys, but it looks like they're starting to get better as the year goes on.

But that's the second week in a row we lost a game we should have won. Costly penalties and costly turnovers. I hope we can get it together, because we certainly aren't going to get any help from the schedule.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Browns, bitch!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

anyone else have the feed skip there

vince
vince
vince
vince

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Week 5 Aftermath: How long is Henery still employed?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Kyle Orton is already drunk

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, so, question.

Why is it every time I turn on sports, I wanna loving kill myself.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

THE loving FIRST PLACE BUFFALO BILLS WON THE loving GAME WITH KYLE GODDAMN ORTON AND IT loving OWNED

THIS IS A FACT

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

R.D. Mangles posted:

anyone else have the feed skip there

vince
vince
vince
vince

I did too. I was hoping it was some kind of cool rap remix, but alas.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

THE loving FIRST PLACE BUFFALO BILLS WON THE loving GAME WITH KYLE GODDAMN ORTON AND IT loving OWNED

THIS IS A FACT

It's a crazy world.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
Kyle Orton should be in the hall of fame. Discuss.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Browns and Bill win.

Giants once again looking competent.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Whisenhunt probably thinks Tennessee is going to draft a reallllly cool QB for him to run his "pass-heavy to a fault" offense in the draft, and boy is he in for a surprise when we draft another offensive lineman we just bury in the lineup and also probably raped somebody. Also, the defense will still be criminally bad. Also, Whisenhunt will still be an absolutely terrible coach.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

VJeff posted:

Hey, so, question.

Vengeance for the Wings being great for twenty years

The demise of the NFC East has been greatly exaggerated :hist101:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

TubeStank posted:

Kyle Orton is already drunk

This happened? Hahaha oh my god

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Bills D is the real thang. Dareus was beastly, CBs were solid. Orton orted and ort to be in the HoF.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

here is kyle goddamn orton perfecting his drinking technique

hes gonna drink for free and get his choice of overweight white girl when he gets to the buffalo applebees

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
go bills

I await your sweet embrace

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Poonerman posted:

Vengeance for the Wings being great for twenty years

Well that's awesome, 'cause all I've gotten so far is a pile of soul crushing game 7 losses. :(

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

ALL ABOARD

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

VJeff posted:

Hey, so, question.

because sports are an allegory for life itself

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

TG-Chrono posted:

ALL ABOARD

TOOT TOOT MOTHERFUCKER

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Marc Trestman needs to be on the hotseat. The Bears have looked absolutely terrible for the past two years. He went 8-8 last year and lost the NFC title to the Packers in final meeting of the year. They also lost 5 out of their last 8 games last year. Then they start out this season losing 3 games out of 5 and it's because they have completely collapsed during those loses. In fact, they should have lost 4 games, but someone the 49ers managed to collapse worse than the Bears.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I was full pessimist for a while there but the Giants showed a resiliency I havent seen since 2011 in coming back there.

Also hey, Odell Beckham might be good.

Cruz still fingertips everything and every pass to him is stressful as gently caress.

Our D-line came back strong and that 4th down sack owned so hard

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

here is kyle goddamn orton perfecting his drinking technique

hes gonna drink for free and get his choice of overweight white girl when he gets to the buffalo applebees

Someone photoshop a bottle of JD into his hands, now.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I'm going hog loving wild up in the crib right now. Go Browns. From now on im calling the living room the rumpus room because i'm having (throwing???) such a major league rumpus in here, you can't call it anythign else after a rumpus of this scale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Kyle Orton and the Bills Defense are truly awesome.
What an amazing win!

• Locked thread