Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
they made planetary annihilation and that game was so good people would prefer to play supreme commander forged alliance rather than that game

and now they are making HUMAN RESOURCES

it might be because the humans are the resources in the game or because dumb people who are bad with money are the true resource

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/659943965/human-resources-an-apocalyptic-rts-game/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/human-resources-an-apocalyptic-rts-game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Third World Reggin posted:

and now they are making HUMAN RESOURCES

it might be because the humans are the resources in the game

petroglyph studios already made universe at war: earth assault tho

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm starting a kickstarter to help me buy kickstarter so I can shut it down for good

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I will give money to these people who put a bitcoin miner in their game client.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I thought uber was the cab company.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

In 2010, Uber released its first title, the critically-acclaimed Monday Night Combat. Since then, we have released Super Monday Night Combat, Toy Rush, and Planetary Annihilation.

With Planetary Annihilation, we think the results speak for themselves. The game is a beloved and critically lauded entry in the RTS canon, and we’re extremely proud of it. Now we’re ready to try something even more ambitious.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

hmm space sims are a bad, dead genre that seems to be making a lot of money through crowdfunding. maybe we can do the same with the bad, dead genre of rts

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

In 2010, Uber released its first title, the critically-acclaimed Monday Night Combat. Since then, we have released Super Monday Night Combat, Toy Rush, and Planetary Annihilation.

With Planetary Annihilation, we think the results speak for themselves. The game is a beloved and critically lauded entry in the RTS canon, and we’re extremely proud of it. Now we’re ready to try something even more ambitious.

Haha they're the SMNC people

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

https://www.uber.com/ :confused:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

as a reminder, if you mention that uber entertainment thought that giving people an option to put a bit coin miner on their computer, pay them less than the bit coins were worth, and pay out in uber fun bucks did this thing then a lot of uber entertainment game threads explode into handwaving.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I was confused too - but it's a different uber

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

until they make Monday Night Combat 2 i dont care what they do, that's their only fun game series

SMNC was a good game hosed over by splitting a tiny userbase up into like 40 modes

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Remember Uber tricks in SSX: Tricky? Those were hard to pull off.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
a friend of mine pointed me to this kickstarter today

i have to admit that i am both pro-robot-apocalypse and pro-monster-apocalypse so this would seem to be extremely my poo poo but what is this about planetary annihilation and bitcoins?

also with a month to go it seems like poo poo aint gonna happen for them anyway soooooo

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
Well at least it has twice as many races as PA

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

check their stretch goals

they got
?
??
???
gently caress it new race

Soral
May 30, 2009

monday note combat is bad and somehow super monday nihgt combat is worse

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Art direction and premise are sweet as gently caress but the actual game seems boring as hell tbh.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I was so hyped thinking it was actually an HR simulator where you're in charge of hiring decisions and sexual harassment policies.

Now I'm sad it isn't.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I liked Total Annihilation and never got around to checking out Planetary Annihilation. I assume from the tone of this thread that I should continue to never get around to checking it out?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

chumbler posted:

I liked Total Annihilation and never got around to checking out Planetary Annihilation. I assume from the tone of this thread that I should continue to never get around to checking it out?

If you like having to wait for a server to free up so you can play "single-player" then yeah knock urself out

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
lol is this why planetary annhiliation is like half off on steam right now

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I played five minutes of planetary annihilation and quit to play forged alliance, goty 2014

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Soral posted:

monday note combat is bad and somehow super monday nihgt combat is worse

one of these is correct and one of these is wrong but im not sure which is which

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
*breaks out his particular strain of purefail AIDS*

hi guys! i really like planetary annihilation. i had a ton of fun with it and shooting planets into other planets. it definitely scatches my TA itch more than Supreme Commander

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Foxhound posted:

lol is this why planetary annhiliation is like half off on steam right now

some idiots from britain talked me into buying it to play with them and I'm so mad I believed them

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

VideoGames posted:

*breaks out his particular strain of purefail AIDS*

hi guys! i really like planetary annihilation. i had a ton of fun with it and shooting planets into other planets. it definitely scatches my TA itch more than Supreme Commander

Good Lord.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

im just glad imp zone allows for people of all gaming opinions to come together.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Pirate Jet posted:

I will give money to these people who put a bitcoin miner in their game client.

What's this about?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I backed the planetary annihilation kickstarter and have never actually installed or launched the game

I made one mistake, but at least I didn't make two.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

fronz posted:

I thought uber was the cab company.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

did anyone mention that one of the backer rewards is 50 super monday night combat funbux. a game literally no one plays.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
to their credit they got kickstarter money and actually finished a game with that money instead of getting ten times the asked amount and then selling the game in halves to fund it's development.

Dec 26, 2012

the only human resources here are gonna be the ones uber employees will be contacting when lovely failure after lovely failure causes the company to lose all credibility and fold

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

01011001 posted:

the only human resources here are gonna be the ones uber employees will be contacting when lovely failure after lovely failure causes the company to lose all credibility and fold

Real companies won't give them money because they are hot garbage so they're using kickstarter to float between projects until all of their credibility is gone and the CEO bails with a ton of money
See also: doublefine

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

can you actually crash planets into other planets cause that sounds cool

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

In planetary annihilation there was a map that was designed as a honey trap where if you stayed on the planet and got all the resources then another planet would slam into you.

Someone lost 50 bucks on that game.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Kelp Plankton posted:

until they make Monday Night Combat 2 i dont care what they do, that's their only fun game series

SMNC was a good game hosed over by splitting a tiny userbase up into like 40 modes

nah SMNC was always bad but MNC was fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Parallax Scroll posted:

can you actually crash planets into other planets cause that sounds cool

yes you can. and it is. you can build these huge boosters and affix them to the planet and direct it into the face of the opposition.

• Locked thread