Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Drakes posted:

Doin it! Making my way to champ league with abit of luck.

I'd be raking in just under 100 D.stones a month if I can hit champ league consistently and get top 5% for CoD weeklies.

And feel free to apply to BadAtSoccer, could clear out some inactives if someone wants in.

Good luck man, final stretch.

I've recently made some changes to my PvP line-up so I've been steadily going backwards on the ladder. But, I'm still well into Diamond League so I'll keep plugging away at it until I get something to stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Some things just drive me nuts, like when Leventor gets KO'd and my assist active passes to other assist who doesn't take the shot.

Luka is starting to look way more appealing with how important action speed is and securing that turn. Same with Blade who refills action like a boss.

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008
Have decided to play this for a bit- it's fun whacking balls into a goal.

Applied to BadAtSoccer as "Rhizomw"

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Got Jacob for my 5* again. He's still just ST fodder, right?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Well unless you really need that ST fodder right now I'd just hold onto random 5*s incase they get some amazing EE in the future. Last few updates have been pretty lackluster, hopefully theres a big one coming up sometime with the ardor/ww legends.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 14, 2015

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Drakes posted:

Well unless you really need that ST fodder right now I'd just hold onto random 5*s incase they get some amazing EE in the future. Last few updates have been pretty lackluster, hopefully theres a big one coming up sometime with the ardor/ww legends.

Ardor got its S2 legend already, Choi

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

MotU posted:

Ardor got its S2 legend already, Choi

True, but no EE on it yet.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yeah I meant thunder :v:, wonder if they'll have another legend GK.

And finally made it to champs woo, I can probably get a legendary via d.stones in like 2-4 months depending if I try working on those links.

Blade starts to seem really good when you get a BoT on her, like if you don't one-shot with Leventor getting several more shots in with Blade maybe better. And Luka is seeming like the best overall in-line assist too? She really needs that thunder pass stone, but shes great at securing passes so you're less likely to get jacked. Kinda making Baltheon look bad with how much action fill/speed some teams can roll with.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I run Nari with one of the two Ignition Catalysts I have and unless the other team is a dick with Metatron attacking twenty times, Nari pretty much gets the pass off every time.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Getting that initial pass/shot usually isn't too bad, its the follow up shot you need if you can't one-shot. Luka really help cements that and Blade has that 70% action refill.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
Applied to awfulsoccersquad as lumbrsnx

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Well they are trying hard to make Bora viable, May just work this time if her spirit steal triggers before active block.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
That Lynia EE looks like they brainwashed her and pumped her full of silicone and pink hearts. Might have to pay attention to that totem, but thunder is just not the element that I'm getting superbs into these days.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

nftyw posted:

That Lynia EE looks like they brainwashed her and pumped her full of silicone and pink hearts. Might have to pay attention to that totem, but thunder is just not the element that I'm getting superbs into these days.

That totem seems great but what the poo poo happened to the art?

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Well time to pull Lynia off the bench for a while I guess.

I really wish they'd give more advance notice, because i forgot to restock Thunder elementals after the Raklet EE, and this one was completely out of left field. Now i gotta wait a week to evolve.

Also yeah she went to over to an entirely different genre of anime here.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Its kinda crazy with how many EE's they're throwing at thunder, I mean sure they were sorta the underdog color awhile ago but since Nerua they've been seeming pretty drat strong.

And yeah Lynia's art went into a completely different direction :v:, reflex/action speed on one buff is pretty good but don't think she'll hold well as an attacker compared to Hild. Since I got that dark ca.resist stone on Hild I swear shes the reason I actually made it to champ league.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

EE art could always be worse. There's always Silla.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Drakes posted:

Well they are trying hard to make Bora viable, May just work this time if her spirit steal triggers before active block.

I pulled her recently but want sure if she was good or not. How did they attempt to improve her?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Thunder has a decent mid-front, but the backline is comparatively bad - pretty much just Nerua, unless you were lucky enough to get Bell, and a GK that will inevitably get OHKO'd.

Of course the next Thunder legend will be a mid-line Leader.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Abugadu posted:

Thunder has a decent mid-front, but the backline is comparatively bad - pretty much just Nerua, unless you were lucky enough to get Bell, and a GK that will inevitably get OHKO'd.

Of course the next Thunder legend will be a mid-line Leader.

Nute is a decent GK and Raklet has a good totem for the line now too in her EE. Nikita is an okay Long Passer as well with a line HP/Speed buff. Still want someone to be able to bust out of the back well

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

vulturesrow posted:

I pulled her recently but want sure if she was good or not. How did they attempt to improve her?

Bora's getting a new purchasable skin and more importantly getting tweaks to her abilities, one of which is her active which if I understand it right drains enemy line of spirit meter and action bar. Not sure if it will make a huge splash since in the current meta Bora's damage is considered to be really bad.

SynthOrange posted:

EE art could always be worse. There's always Silla.

I just know that you're hungerin' for the next Boss EE to be Nute's.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 17, 2015

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

vulturesrow posted:

If the translation/mechanics aren't wonky, her changed passive will drain up to 20% action and 15% spirit per player in the position. I don't think she'll be immediately great due to suffering from ardor striker curse of lovely stone slots.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I thought they said they were going to rebalance Ardor stone slots. I guess that didn't go anywhere.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

MotU posted:

Nute is a decent GK and Raklet has a good totem for the line now too in her EE. Nikita is an okay Long Passer as well with a line HP/Speed buff. Still want someone to be able to bust out of the back well

I just run Hild as my linebreaker and murder everyones action on the way to the front, helps that I have a will of meta so she can pretty much recover 50% action with a maxed blue pen stone.

Also vacancy in BadAtSoccer.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

MotU posted:

Bell busts out great, but good luck snagging her outside of luck/dimension stones. Don't mind me, I'm just butthurt that I've gotten within 3 points of Champions League four times now with a solid mono-thunder team and then falling back because I run into annoying gimmick teams.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Drakes posted:

Also vacancy in BadAtSoccer.

IŽll be happy to take it, I can apply after maintenance.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Ok, new to the game, having fun.
Don't know what I'm doing but I'm winning. Is there a list of don't so I don't mess up too bad?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Don't use your Litres / Beezlebubs until you understand how superb mechanics work and which characters are worth investing in, and scout them whenever possible. Scout Legendary characters no matter what, unlocking your extra scout slots is a good idea too. Early on, use crystals to do 10+1 pulls as virtually any 5* card will be helpful, though keep in mind that team cost will make it hard to build a team with all your best cards for awhile. Also check the player book in the manager tab for crystals, you won't complete most of the lines unless you get very lucky but some like the penguins and swirlies are easy to complete for free crystals.

Don't scout managers. Unless they're named Lucy, Gerold, or Marineco. Perial and Clover are good too.

Do your daily achievements. Buy a cheap 5 GP penguin or two each day, if you buy 20 to complete the season achivement (resets every 2 weeks) you get 100 GP back, so you break even and still get the daily rewards.

Do spend 10 crystals at the shop to buy penguin matches. You get three per purchase, they're very easy to do and 6* penguins give a tremendous amount of exp.

e: Actually checking the reddit FAQ is pretty good: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerspirits/comments/3dlyvf/soccer_spirits_faq_and_beginner_guide_v122/

nftyw fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 17, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also once the colloseum gets too hard, hit reset.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

SynthOrange posted:

Also once the colloseum gets too hard, hit reset.

Don't do this more than once a day though, since it costs a lot of crystals after your first free reset.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
If you can`t play a lot every day and want to do dailies, use a ST efficient dungeon from challenge mode (3 ST for the early ones).

Far less XP but allows you to get them over quickly... or be like me and use rush hour to do them.

If you don`t have much gold, use low star count stones for the power-up daily and sell them to gain the gold back.

nftyw basically covered everything else like a know-it-all ;)

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Are scouting and the FP draw the most reliable way to get swirlies? I was thinking about the weekend match, but not even its hell-mode guarantees you a swirly, and the crystal matches are out of my league.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I don't know how, and I haven't been able to repeat it, but I beat one crystal swirly match (with a AAA ranked team). It gave me a 4* swirly, not a 5*.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Don't forgot boss points for swirlies, I usually use those for extra stat-ups if I don't need to EE anyone. And the weekend match rates are like 1-2% for a 5* so its generally more about the gold from them.

I try making a habit of keeping a 5* swirly of each color on hand or atleast a bunch of 4*s to evolve into a 5* overtime.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Speaking of bosses, do we know what element the next boss will be? From looking at the wiki, the bosses are on a sort of cycle?

Iunnrais posted:

I don't know how, and I haven't been able to repeat it, but I beat one crystal swirly match (with a AAA ranked team). It gave me a 4* swirly, not a 5*.

Yuuuuup. Sucks that the swirly match costs 3 times as much as penguins, but doesn't guarantee you get a 5*.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Schubalts posted:

Yuuuuup. Sucks that the swirly match costs 3 times as much as penguins, but doesn't guarantee you get a 5*.

Costs 3x the crystals, and is a super hard match to boot. I can get black hole swirlies and rainbow swirlies every time. He'll level elemental matches during the week? Super easy now. But I purchased a set of three swirlie matches to try them out, and I've been able to beat only one. I don't even know how I scraped that victory... The other two swirlie matches are still just sitting in my list, taunting me.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
It looks like they'll be streaming SS daily next week with giveaways for stuff according to their facebook https://www.facebook.com/soccerspirits.en/posts/875855342491126 .

Hope its more than just goons with anime, like announcing whats up with the next big update.

Schubalts posted:

Speaking of bosses, do we know what element the next boss will be? From looking at the wiki, the bosses are on a sort of cycle?

Not really, but they seem to go for an even spread of elements usually. Although I they've cycled in the two newer bosses kinda closely lately.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
What kind of Aces should I be looking for to accept friend requests from randoms?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
There's no guarantee that they will stick to their ace, but you can't go wrong with aces like Metatron, [Pass] assists like Nari/Baltheon/Luka etc, or a striker if you need some additional power. Silla is also a great ace because she is virtually 'halve all damage taken from the first attack suffered' and she doesn't have an element requirement so is usable on even the most rainbow teams. Verister is like a Dark silla and is an option as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ive just been sticking with and looking for two star max luck friends. :v

• Locked thread