Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

SynthOrange posted:

Ive just been sticking with and looking for two star max luck friends. :v

Explain?

Also, I like this game but I'm feeling sort of aimless. Im just barreling through story mode at the moment, having pulled a Ravian early makes this fairly simple, at least so far. Anyone give me some short/medium/long term goals based on what I have so far?

Here are all the 4* and 5* I have right now:

Ravian*
Z001 Veronica*
EA01 Luka
Griffith
Bora

Elliot*
Wukong*
May*
ZXXIIgrit*
X000Eden*
John*
Selpina
Nana
White Tiger
Meg
Ari

Asterisks are on my current team. Tell me if anything is grossly wrong there as well. Thanks for all the assistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The number in the clover on your character is luck. Luck affects extra drops and is calculated first from your ace and your friend, then by a fraction of the rest of your team's luck. Luck is raised by training characters onto each other, like superbs, but adding 1-3 luck at a time. Since 2*s are incredibly common, I've mashed together a bunch of 2* 99 luck characters for my farming team and put one as my ace.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Finally cleared 42 in CoD, and next one is Jin. Don't think my Leventor will have blazing through anytime soon unless I can manage some cheesy Jury thing.

vulturesrow posted:

Also, I like this game but I'm feeling sort of aimless. Im just barreling through story mode at the moment, having pulled a Ravian early makes this fairly simple, at least so far. Anyone give me some short/medium/long term goals based on what I have so far?

Well its pretty much a game about collecting stuff, so go wild working towards rivals/bosses/superb bosses. Seeing how far you can manage in CoD/League is a thing too but it'll take a few months of slowly building up that team. Its a good goal since CoD/League can really help farm up crystals.

Theres 3 big milestones where you'll get a big rare thing:
Rank 30: Season 1 legendary
Complete story challenge difficulty : Random unique stone
Rank 100 : Random unique stone

Drakes fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Sep 20, 2015

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I'm currently trying out Guin as a psuedo-striker, and eschewing a normal striker on my team. She's doing pretty good, actually, especially since she doesn't trigger GK skills when she uses her active. The only problem is that I have to manually play all the matches I use with her like this... the AI never has her shoot, and the front line (Assist, Totem, Guin) just passes to each other over and over and over again until time runs out.

Any way to fix that? Or do I just have to suck it up and get a "real" striker if I want to use the AI mode?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally at 500 Dimension Stones. Just need 400 more...

Kill me now. Make it painless.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I did that while starting out, and it seems like she'll only shoot if the defensive line is weak - but she also won't attack if the defensive line is stronger than her, which is what leads to the constant passing. Due to the AI priorities you basically need to be doing only matches well below your team level, or get a real striker.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Farewell, summer refund event. I'll miss the day's first 4 scout refreshes only costing 10k.

Team chat: Would there be any glaring problems with this team, outside of being elementally unfocused?

Luka, Hildegard, Ravian
Victoria, Sue, Lilith
Morgana (wish her and Jin's Overwhelming stacked), Magnus, Kiki
Jin

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
That looks like a decent setup, though with that mid you're more or less hoping you can steal the ball from the opposing team, as without an attacker there it will be harder to penetrate tougher midlines. It's also slow, which in this meta is a death sentence. Hildegard might make a better midfielder and Victoria's huge Reflex boost passive would help Ravian steal the ball back with her second attack, so swapping them might be something to think about. Magnus/Kiki are both very good backliners and I do believe Morgana's Overwhelming can stack with Jin's if you evolve Jin so his turns into Overwhelming II.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Schubalts posted:

Farewell, summer refund event. I'll miss the day's first 4 scout refreshes only costing 10k.

Team chat: Would there be any glaring problems with this team, outside of being elementally unfocused?

Luka, Hildegard, Ravian
Victoria, Sue, Lilith
Jin

This new event can be abit better if you're on the winning side :v:, wished rankings were separate between global/korean servers cause they're way into this.

Despite what you see in her character sheet, you probably shouldn't stick Hilde forward. Shes fantastic for breaking through lines from mid/back while ruining action in the process.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Schubalts posted:

Luka, Hildegard, Ravian
Victoria, Sue, Lilith
Jin

Swap Hildegard and Victoria, replace Morgana with a nice 5* that could help the back line, Mikael or Yuri would be a fine replacement

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Quick team inquiry since box has changed a lot, I'm currently running:

Nari/Elaine*/Ravian
Victoria/Shu/Lilith
Anael/Avnore/Malcolm
Zibroi

On the bench I have:
  • A: Kevin, Lucian, Bora, Sharr, Lia, Eugene,
  • WW: Saramir, Neraziel, Kiki, Kirin, Beatrice, Linmay,Meiran, Vermilion
  • TH: Hildegarde, Cynthia, Griffith, Jury, Raklet, Veronica,
  • Light: Leah, Sammy, Silla, Virgil, Mikael, Kei, Milky Way, Hiro, Skorn, Isilla, Celus, Cassiel, Mariel, Ustiel,
  • Dark: Jeunesse, EE Black Daisy (full superb), Lucid, Dale, Vitos, Lybbell, Lucifer, Ronald, 5* Valkia, 5* max sup Pei Lin...

That's about it.

I'm basically looking for if an alternate layout would facilitate COD progression or if I still just need to enhance my current layout with ST, Beelz and Superbs some more and stick with that. I still have no unique stones on anything and only 2/3 of the formation is ST'd.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 21, 2015

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Elaine doesn't mesh well with Ravian, try Jeunesse over her. Although I will say Elaine may have reflex potential for ball recovery, but Jeunesse can chunk the GK while keeping action up.

For the midline, you could try shifting Shu to right while replacing victoria with Sammy for action/sustain fuckery. Just gotta cover Shu's counterattack resist with one of those dark stones.

And maybe try Lia over Anael in your backline? Lia is great with her speed/reflex debuff, team widespeed buff and a long pass.

Mess with it abit and see how it works out.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I agree, Elaine is better support for a OHKO striker. For Ravian, Jeunese complements her strengths in very key ways that make picking him practically a default.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Swapping Hilde and Victoria did make things run more smoothly, thanks guys.

Kaboobi posted:

replace Morgana with a nice 5* that could help the back line, Mikael or Yuri would be a fine replacement

Haven't even seen Mikael or Yuri in scout, but I just drew Saramir, so I have someone I can try replacing Morgana with. Her position-wide action speed debuff and personal 30% damage reduction look good, and she can take up the long-passer role. But, how long does her debuff last? The description doesn't say anything about a duration, but I can't really trust that when so many are written weirdly and they aren't even consistent on wording (incoming damage, taken damage, inflicted damage, just pick one!).

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's timed and it's not really that long. I think it's like 15 minutes.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Schubalts posted:

Morgana (wish her and Jin's Overwhelming stacked)

I actually think they do. Morgana has Overwhelming, King Jin has Overwhelming 2. They certainly look like they stack when I'm in a match... I click on one of their strikers, and both effects appear as separate down arrows for them.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I think they only stack if one player has the boosted version and the other does not (Overwhelming and Overwhelming II in this case)

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Do you mean replacing Elaine for Jeunesse as the ace or simply as a player while making someone else the ACE? I presume the former. I always used HP/AP booster aces so it's weird to me to use anything else :v:

I can ST and max superb Jeunesse if anything, hopefully he gets an EE soonish.

Also thank you for the tips!

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 22, 2015

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Is there a way for me to start from scratch, I tried deleting the data and starting over but it just meant i had to spend another 30 min updating the game then i was stuck with the same crap.?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Make a hive account, attach it to your game. Then go to the withhive website and change your PW. It'll bump your current account off , make a guest account and log into hive in-game to either overwrite the former account with current data. Or overwrite the current account with the older data.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Drakes posted:

Make a hive account, attach it to your game. Then go to the withhive website and change your PW. It'll bump your current account off , make a guest account and log into hive in-game to either overwrite the former account with current data. Or overwrite the current account with the older data.

Thank you.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I'm relatively new, in chapter 5 in the Pve. Is there a list somewhere of the 5 star players for ranking purposes? I have 4-5 5 star players of different color and wondering if I should let a couple of them sit on the sidelines in favor of more team synchrony.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Just list em off here, sometimes usability ratings can change overnight, ie Lynia's EE making her from low tier bench warmer to glamorous idol totem.

e: Here is an incomplete tier list, people don't seem to care enough to make and update these so it's a bit old. Also some of it reads like it was written by a perky 14 year old so shield your eyes.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 23, 2015

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

nftyw posted:

Just list em off here, sometimes usability ratings can change overnight, ie Lynia's EE making her from low tier bench warmer to glamorous idol totem.

Alright, these are the ones I have:

Ravian
Leah
MX54 Butcher
Kevin

Also found a Littre in my team - don't remember getting him, nice.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Ravian is the super-cancerous striker that is popular because she shoots two or three times and everyone on the enemy team has their HP shot, including the goalie. Building a team using her usually focuses entirely on getting the ball to the front and using as much speed and reflex to keep it there, because Ravian's active knocks down the entire enemy team's HP on a shoot and she gets an extra turn to go for a steal attempt too. People hate fighting her and she is one of the utility strikers which you build for reflex and frontline sustain, as opposed to OHKO strikers focusing on pumping up damage potential as much as you can to attempt to kill in one or two solid shots. In short she is super good and makes people very salty.

Kevin has Quick Start which refills everyone in his line's action bar by 30% after they act. This is obviously very good since it increases the ration of turns you take versus turns the enemy gets to, and he also has a solid Active and another defensive totem skill. He can work decently in the frontline with Ravian but Jeunese is probably her preferred support. Basically use him and the other members of his line become much speedier and more dangerous.

Butcher and Leah are kind of meh, Butcher doesn't have his EE yet and Leah is just... lots of HP. Though she does get more strength if you use HP buffing totems, it just doesn't seem enough to make her popular enough to run in most teams.

e: vvv In before Iggy-level EE skill upgrade.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 23, 2015

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Lucian EE heavily hinted, the time has come!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

What should I do with penguins that don't match the color of the 5* I'm training? Thanks.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Do you desperately need space/exp? If you do, use em on whatever. Otherwise, well, penguins aren't exactly a rare thing and you'll only miss them when you find you really want to grind exp; I'd just buy penguin matches from the shop with crystals. At the point I'm at, anything lower than 5 star penguins are barely worth anything.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lynbell's EE passive sounds rude as hell.

quote:

Dark Ages: When attacked, decreases the attacker's Max HP by 25% and Reflexes by 20% for 10 min. (Accumulates up to 3 times)

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I still think it's not nearly as nasty as Jury's.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Clothes for Lilith! :dance:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TheMopeSquad posted:

Clothes for Lilith! :dance:

And a face that makes "sense".

I am glad :3

Lynbell's EE is finally here, holy poo poo. She murders reflex and HP.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
This update not feeling that "major" for me, maybe the oct 7 patch will bring along the halloween skins with Lucian EE and then thunder legend.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's major enough To still be down. The update also seemed to have caused a ton of people to need to re-install as the game would crash on startup.

Still 1:24 hours left as per Serena's magical numbers that never increase, ever.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
There was actually an emergency maintenance due to a bug after the major patch - damage reduction aces and passives were still activating even below the HP threshold so players like Silla, Isillia, and Black Tortoise were broken. But hey we got a lot of compensation for it at least, including a free 5* Beelzebub!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Well I'm not quite down with the update, seeing 275 crystals with the 5* beelz is great. Not to mention the two other events that came along. Looks like you can get up to two 5* boxes and 560 crystals.

Then I think there's some Korean holiday going so we're getting littre matches to farm? I expect boss match like rates :v:.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

My current setup is:

Elliot|Ravian|Z001 Veronica
Wukong|X000Eden|John
ZXXIIgrit|May|Wayne
Jenny

On the bench I have Bora, Selpina, White Tiger, Meg, and Ari. Any recommendations to improve my lineup?

Also, is there any reason to hoard draw tickets or should I go ahead and use them?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The only reason to hoard draw tickets is if you don't care for or need the current lineup of draw boosted cards, which may not even matter. I spent all mine today and got Asakura. So if you read through the patch notes and don't really want anything coming up in the next week's boosted draw, just use em. Though I would be sad if I drew Choi from this week's draw boost, when I could have gotten Cerestia instead.

You probably want to get an actual goalie, the HP bonus for having a goalie favored position is probably the most important one in the game. Aside from replacing Jenny, May and Elliot probably ought to be swapped, and replacing May for White Tiger and using White Tiger | Ravian | Veronica is likely a better frontline.

Bora can be used to do some funny stuff but she isn't who I'd recommend when you have access to Ravian.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 24, 2015

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

My current setup is:

Elliot|Ravian|Z001 Veronica
Wukong|X000Eden|John
ZXXIIgrit|May|Wayne
Jenny

On the bench I have Bora, Selpina, White Tiger, Meg, and Ari. Any recommendations to improve my lineup?

Also, is there any reason to hoard draw tickets or should I go ahead and use them?

Ok so I haven't been playing this game long but why have elliot on the front line when his skill is to pass from the mid to the front?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Guess I'll burn those tix and hope for aGK. I also have Luka and Griffith on the bench, does that change your recs at all?

• Locked thread