Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Is there any reason to keep the three star players around, once you start stacking your team with 4+ players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Been having fun with this, for a couple weeks now.

I feel like my team is weak on the backside, but not sure how to shore it up.

http://imgur.com/xX3VW9X

To help that, though, I just scouted Anael and only need another 200 GP for a solid defender.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Replace that 3* healer with Mimi and replace the weaker of your two defenders with Anael, probably that 4* whirlwind. Move your 4* ardor attacker from the frontline to one of the sides of your midfield. Your team overall should be much, much stronger just from those changes. Don't waste your gp scouting another defender, Anael is seriously all you need for the back for now.

Ideally your next scout should be a top tier attacker for your midfield followed by a totem for your frontline.

Thanks for the tips.

Now my problem is that the app freezes when I try to start it. If I uninstall/reinstall, do I lose all my progress?

I don't have a Hive login.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

nftyw posted:

Maybe send them an email first? According to the game it's info@com2us.com ... game loads up fine for me so maybe your device glitched out. Try doing a power cycle of your phone/tablet and see if it works after that.

I turned my tab completely off, and then back on, instead of a restart, and that seems to have solved it.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
It looks like the bug for not getting credit finishing bonus story mode missions by using your shooting skill is still in. Have fun getting FP, till it is.

Also, the OP should be updated. The promo code "THEMAGGIE" has expired.

I found this out when I had to start a new account (boo!). I created a HIVE ID on the main page which wiped my guest account progress, IAPs, and made me start at the very beginning tutorial. I think you can merge your guest account with a HIVE ID, but do it through the HIVE login on the Profile tab.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

nftyw posted:

I took Yunes off the scout position and stuck Caron back on, evolved him to boost the FP he gives and stockpile the stuff. Really makes the seasonal Friendship Draw achievement easy as pie.

Guess I'll have to do the same.

The nerfs to Kei kinda stink, since I just scouted him, last week.

Now I just had Linmay pop on my scout, so it stings a little.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Sharr's getting her seven star evo, with the next update.

Any thoughts on her updated abilities?

Com2Us Patch notes posted:

Sharr's passive skill, Instant Chance, will be changed to Pulverize.
Instant Chance Lv. 5: Get an extra turn with a 100% chance with a successful penetration when attacking
Pulverize Lv. 5: Decreases the target's Defense by 30% for 10 min with an attack

Sharr's passive skill, Specialize Shoots, will be changed to Fire Storm with Extreme Evolution.
Specialize Shoots Lv. 5: Inflicts 35% additional damage to the Goalkeeper
Fire Storm Lv. 5: Inflicts 50% additional damage to the goalkeeper and increases the inflicted damage on Whirlwind players by 25%

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

nftyw posted:

It's not only the fact that Hiro has a great ace effect but one of his passives increases the receiving pass effect by a huge amount, which translates into a lot of extra damage. My Sharr does a hundred or two more damage with Nari as ace.

It's kind of dumb but that's what this game is, a battle of strikers vs goalies and a bunch of kind of sort of important losers between them.

e: Well actually my Hildegarde can shoot for two or three hundred damage so she can manage to clutch out a close game

e@: My freshly 7* Sharr just one shot the gently caress out of that Danganronpa reject Zibroi to the tune of 1k damage. Rename the Galaxy League into Universe League because the smug smirk on my face no longer fits inside the Milky Way

I love this.

I'm just waiting for a red emperor swirly, and I'll get my seven star Sharr.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Echophonic posted:

Darn, my team's not good enough to take oh Alkyde - Hell. Oh well.

I feel you.

I'd like an assist for my front line. I was using Crovia, since the only other assist I had was Linmay. But, using a passer like Linmay upfront seems like a waste. Instead, I have Teddy-Kevin-Sharr now, and trying all the draws I can to pull an assist so I can move Kevin back to mid.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Man, I am getting really tired of seeing 5500+ teams murdering me in the 1000 bracket of the arena. My just over 4300 team can't get any traction, until I lose my way back to 950.

Just got trounced by a team that ran 7* Mikeal, Duke, Nari, Hiro, and Beth.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Scouted Nari today. Had enough penguins to get her to 23ish.

Her and a 7* Sharr seem to be a decent combo, with Virgil up front.

I'm thinking, though, that I need more spirit generation in the mid, maybe White Tiger. Also thinking about a move to switch Virgil and Kevin front/back.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Did I read that gatekeepers are going to show up less frequently in scouting, going forward?

If that's the case, this seems like a good scout:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ro47qc.png

Thoughts?

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Yeah she is going to be a top tier scouter since gatekeepers is how you progress in the endgame regardless of any nerfing to scouts.

But it is up to you I guess, an endgame manager is not very useful if you are still at the stage of plugging in holes of your lineup and need 5* players. Of course if you are at the endgame scout her asap.

I thought as much.

I still have a few gaps on my team, but it could be a very long time before I see her again, and gatekeepers are always useful.

I'd probably add her to the list of must scout, with Gerold and Lucy.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

I'm guessing you ran into this at the 1050 league level?

This seems to be all I see at that level.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Sadness is having Aneal and Avanore come in on a single scout, but you've blown your GP on an unecessary Hiro, and a very necessary Yuri.

I just passed Sammy up, too.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Been saving crystals for a couple months, and did a 900 crystal Ardor draw spree.

Also, I'd been playing mono Ardor for awhile, but after pulling Jean and Lia, I'm starting to reconsider. Anyone play Ardor/Flash or Ardor/WW, and has some insights ?

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah but Jin is an impenetrable brick wall.

Don't fully superb Sharr, they said. Don't Special Train Sharr, they said. Don't +120 Sharr, they said.

His new active block is a little irksome, but I'm not terribly scared of Jin.

Now, if I can just get the rest of my team to starting hitting things like they mean it.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Ugh, 450 crystals and over 400 banked stamina to get enough drops and BP on Hell for a max superb Sue.

Not sure it was worth it, but I hated to give up half way.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Applied to BadatSoccer as Nitis.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
So, here's a question:

Let's I take a 2 start, 99 clover, and special train it all the way to 5 star. Does that modify it's luck rating vs. a natural 5 star?

Meaning, would the two of them be comparable in terms of chances of additional reward drops?

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Telex posted:

I was curious and I looked that up a while ago when I was trying to do this with all the excess 2's I had instead of just selling them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerspirits/comments/32m7r7/my_luck_with_the_luck_system/cqcib3c

based on that, if it's true, a low clover 5* is better than a 99 clover 2* even if you raise them since they're still a base 2.

Seems to me that luck farming is not useful.

Yeah. I'd seen that, too. I was hoping the new update might have changed it.

No worries. I've been able to ST four 5 stars since the new update, with all the 4 stars I'd been hoarding. If I could just make a decision to go mono-Ardor, or Ardor/Light, it'd be more focused.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
I think I'm pretty well set on my front and back line. How's my mid look?

Jury is max superb, and sits mid with Metatron.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

SynthOrange posted:

It's also more of a team-building game where you try turn your horrible mishmash of characters into a ridiculous bunch of soccer skills and tits.

FTFY

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Drakes posted:

This game shows us the proper way of playing soccer, which winds up being to shoot the goalkeeper in the face.

Dramatization of gameplay : http://cdn2.streamable.com/video/mp4/75he.mp4

Not bad to illustrate a utility striker blowing up a GK.

Sharr would have blown his head off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

vulturesrow posted:

Referral id anyone?

If you have multiple referrals, I'd like one. In as Nitis.

• Locked thread