Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Kurtofan posted:

That hat looks so silly.

I take this as a sign that the multiverse includes worlds where heroes and villains don't feel the need to justify their costumes, and therefore just wear goofy-rear end poo poo. So the hat has me pretty psyched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I think it's pretty obvious that "The Man Who Saved Central City" is referring to Ronnie and his supposed sacrifice instead of Barry.

Pretty good way to introduce new Firestorm and put Caitlin down the path to becoming Killer Frost.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This show starts next week, right?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON
Trailer is private for me.

Also,

Scyantific posted:

I think it's pretty obvious that "The Man Who Saved Central City" is referring to Ronnie and his supposed sacrifice instead of Barry.

Pretty good way to introduce new Firestorm and put Caitlin down the path to becoming Killer Frost.

Or her hooking up with Barry. give him a good peak of her goods.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMd048FH0dA

"How are you called?"
"The Crimson Comet"

:flashfap:

This reinforces more that in the alternative reality, Jay kicked rear end Zooms rear end all over the place so badly he went back in time.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
New actor confirmed on the show, but it's a spoiler character so click at your risk.

Man I hope Joe didn't tell Iris that her mother was dead because she's never going to trust him again with anything.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

lotus circle posted:

New actor confirmed on the show, but it's a spoiler character so click at your risk.

Man I hope Joe didn't tell Iris that her mother was dead because she's never going to trust him again with anything.

I'm calling it now - alternate Dimension mom

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

hi liter posted:

I'm calling it now - alternate Dimension mom

I'm going to assume this is true of a bunch of the new characters, including Jason Rusch Firestorm

I mean, we already know that is the case with non-dead Wells

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Guy A. Person posted:

I'm going to assume this is true of a bunch of the new characters, including Jason Rusch Firestorm

Personally, I think this is also going to be true of Killer Frost.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

ComposerGuy posted:

yeah, I don't think that character's adequately set up to be a villain right now. Introducing alternate versions of the same character makes way too much sense as a shortcut.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ComposerGuy posted:

poo poo, this is actually a really good one, good catch.

Honestly, it is a great way for them to have their cake and eat it too, but it's just so much fun I don't care!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm happy that it seems like Victor Garber is staying around. One because they need a mission control / science mentor to replace Wells (though obviously it remains to be seen exactly what capacity he'll be appearing in this time round), and two because I just like Victor Garber.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ComposerGuy posted:

it would take like seasons of character development to make that work believably any other way

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm happy that it seems like Victor Garber is staying around. One because they need a mission control / science mentor to replace Wells (though obviously it remains to be seen exactly what capacity he'll be appearing in this time round), and two because I just like Victor Garber.

I think he'll be moving to Legends, though

but agreed, more Victor Garber is always better

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

ComposerGuy posted:

If they did go this route, there's certainly potential. It was bad enough when someone could just imitate Barry, but someone who basically IS Caitlyn could allow for a lot of misdirection.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Soothing Vapors posted:

I think he'll be moving to Legends, though

Is Legends not a more limited thing, though? I'd heard it was meant to have a sort of variable cast in each season (if it gets a second one) with heroes assembled according to the particular threat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy A. Person posted:

From the leaks it is not Jason as they already introduced him. It's a new character who will be a part of Legends of Tomorrow. This is probably so they don't have to pay royalties to the creator of Jason (Stuart Moore?) much like they changed Mr Terrific's name so they don't have to pay John Ostrander.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Rhyno posted:

From the leaks it is not Jason as they already introduced him. It's a new character who will be a part of Legends of Tomorrow. This is probably so they don't have to pay royalties to the creator of Jason (Stuart Moore?) much like they changed Mr Terrific's name so they don't have to pay John Ostrander.

ARe you loving making GBS threads me? Goddamnit DC>

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You don't recall the Kafka-esque contortions they went into so they don't have to pay anyone for Caitlin?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bunnyofdoom posted:

There's no reason otherwise.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

bunnyofdoom posted:

Some pages as Comicbook.com are reporting that guy is the mysterious Jay Jackson.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

You don't recall the Kafka-esque contortions they went into so they don't have to pay anyone for Caitlin?

No, I don;'t. Elaborate?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Al Milgrom and Gerry Conway created Killer Frost, who Caitlin is a later version of in the comics, but because Caitlin wasn't the alter-ego of their Killer Frost, they don't get credit. Caitlin was created by Sterling Gates and Derlis Santacruz as the new Killer Frost during the DC New 52 reboot, but because she's a version of Killer Frost (created by Milgrom and Conway), she's classed as derivative, and they don't get anything either. So she both IS derivative of Frost, and is a brand new character, depending on what is needed to screw someone out of royalty payments.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMd048FH0dA

"How are you called?"
"The Crimson Comet"

:flashfap:

:allears: I'm so ready.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've never been so excited for a hero being translated to the screen as I am for Jay Garrick.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
New promo pictures have been released for the second episode. Features a much better look at Jay's costume than any of the promo trailers have thus far and it looks drat awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lotus circle posted:

New promo pictures have been released for the second episode. Features a much better look at Jay's costume than any of the promo trailers have thus far and it looks drat awesome.

This is the best comic book thing I've seen in weeks.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Is Lady Cop™ gonna be Flash's new squeeze?

edit: If so we better got a cop version of "your heart should ache for meeeeee..." after like two dates again this season :barf:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 3, 2015

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
If you mean Patty Spivot, then yes.

If you mean the comic character Lady Cop, she's actually gonna be on Arrow.

(just kidding, no one even knows who the hell lady cop is.)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

lotus circle posted:

If you mean Patty Spivot, then yes.

Oh, hah, poo poo, I didn't even know she was going to be in this season

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm probably not gonna be able to watch any Flash, Arrow, Heroes, Sleepy Hollow or WWE till I get home in the 16th. Pray for me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Valeyard posted:

I'm probably not gonna be able to watch any Flash, Arrow, Heroes, Sleepy Hollow or WWE till I get home in the 16th. Pray for me

Heroes is on this list but Agents of Shield isn't?

Son, you is wack

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So, there is definitely a Flash Day celebration.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

lotus circle posted:

Jay's costume doesn't even look that bad in it's modernized way, if only the blot was yellow.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

sbaldrick posted:

Jay's costume doesn't even look that bad in it's modernized way, if only the blot was yellow.

Some people over at /co/ thought so as well and made these:

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 5, 2015

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
My main problem is that ridiculous helmet - it seems far too big for his head.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks like a polished military helmet... I'm declaring this the right size for his head.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

The Lord Bude posted:

My main problem is that ridiculous helmet - it seems far too big for his head.

He also has a huge bolt of lightning coming up from his dick, but whatever. Just can't quite believe Jay Garrick is going to be on my TV tomorrow.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
tomorree?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

toanoradian posted:

Some people over at /co/ thought so as well and made these:

Those look a little better but I understand what they are going for with the dark leather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Those all look so much worse and it's no surprise that a professional designer did it better

• Locked thread