Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julius CSAR

by sebmojo

Omi-Polari posted:

i like iggy but it's been a bad year for music, that's true. there was no summer hit and nothing really stands out.

The summer hit was Ray Rice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Zog
who??

the worst thing is

by FactsAreUseless
azealia banks is way better than iggy azalea, 212 is better than anything iggy ever did. iggy is the product of this bizarro generation where she pretends to be trashy even though she's not, usually it was the other way around i thought.

the black husserl

quote:

This is 84 minutes of mixtape-rapping released by two dudes who have lucrative label deals in place, so naturally, there’s points where this release drags. Songs like “Throw Your Hood Up” dribble past the five-minute mark and come across like experiments with delivery (“Scabies on your babiieeessss,” sings Thug)

the black husserl fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 3, 2014

Fool and the World

FuzzySkinner posted:

Iggy Azalea sucks regardless.

Between her, that Nicki Minaj song that samples "Sir Mix-a-lot", DJ Mustard produced songs, and "Bass no treble" song? It's been one of the worst years for pop music and hip hop in quite some time.

Clipping disagrees with you fagort

http://youtu.be/3ZAPtFRpuu8

Fried Watermelon

white people like safe white rappers who knew!

Stoic Commie

by XyloJW
so thats what you like lol

fuccboi

by zen death robot
If Pharrell can rap about anime then a white aussie can rap in ebonics

Ratios and Tendency

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

exquisite tea posted:

This is extra pathetic when u consider that it's 9,000 word salad written all about a fake rapper, which by my calcuations makes it at least 5 Platonic removes from any important social function whatsoever. The dream of Marx is def. alive up in heah.

Why is she a "fake rapper"?

Fool and the World

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Because women aren't real duh

Absalom Baird
Eh, she's okay, but she's no Chopper

Stoic Commie

by XyloJW
hahaha fake rapper, they're all fake, in fact the white ones are probably the realest, which doesn't make them better rappers, but yeah sorry

Horniest Manticore

Hello, you!

Stoic Commie posted:

hahaha fake rapper, they're all fake, in fact the white ones are probably the realest, which doesn't make them better rappers, but yeah sorry

teh realist of the real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeHk4WMWpY

the worst thing is

by FactsAreUseless

Ratios and Tendency posted:

she raps like she's from the south and all raunchy, but she's from australia and soft-spoken, even well mannered and articulate in interviews etc. kinda like drake actually. both upfront posers. real rappers are from the hood imo, the rest are just riding along.

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn
She's justification to invade iran

I'm Crap
i like how the person writing that thinks they're being progressive but they really only just stop short of calling her a loving prostitute slimecunt cooze slore at several points

Sheng-Ji Yang

Omi-Polari posted:

but i'm still amazed by that writing.

what if you were an artist and someone told you: oh, all your art is the product of economic forces beyond your control, and you're a bad and ignorant person but that's okay because you're just the product of these forces. and you're being taken advantage of by black men who should know better. that you're making this kind of music is really just your false consciousness and if you knew better you'd do something else. and this is titled "in defense of iggy azalea."

^ a critic

theyd be right

Mr. Meagles

Out here, everything hurts

Rodatose posted:

She's justification to invade iran

Vorik

i don't agree with any of this

Milkfred E. Moore

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

FuzzySkinner posted:

Iggy Azalea sucks regardless.

Between her, that Nicki Minaj song that samples "Sir Mix-a-lot", DJ Mustard produced songs, and "Bass no treble" song? It's been one of the worst years for pop music and hip hop in quite some time.

add ariana grande to that list

anyways, iggy azalea is a corporate-produced white clone of nicki minaj right down to facial expressions and style. peace.

Cool Blue Reason

by Lowtax

Bro Dad posted:

ESPN created a bro-monster. Of course the NFL-pocalypse turned Bill Simmons against them

The worldwide leader in newstainment has suspended its everydude star for longer than Roger Goodell suspended Ray Rice. Are you not amused?
/

jeasus christ...

Alan Smithee

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
vanilla ice is my jam

Trixie Hardcore

Placeholder.

Credit to Azalea for calling Macklemore a queen.

Alan Smithee

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Credit to Azalea for calling Macklemore a queen.

he's not actually gay

he just likes to draw

Chinatown

by Fluffdaddy

loving lmao

Trixie Hardcore

Placeholder.

Alan Smithee posted:

he's not actually gay

he just likes to draw

Check your privilege, not all queens are gays and not all gays are queens.

Jerry Steinfeld

Bro Dad posted:

ESPN created a bro-monster. Of course the NFL-pocalypse turned Bill Simmons against them

The worldwide leader in newstainment has suspended its everydude star
If Simmons is an everydude, then we're all groveling loving weasels with bad opinions and dumb ideas

BrutalistMcDonalds

internet marxism is kind of like the simpsons. it jumped the shark years ago but it's still around sucking just as much

lonesomedwarf

Lumpy the Cook posted:

"Mullumbimby". Australians are such a bunch of retards rofl.

you arrived at the correct conclusion, but for the wrong reasons

Sheng-Ji Yang

theres too many wannabe zizeks and not enough wannabe lenins

COPE 27

otoh that article was the inevitable product of reading Lacan in college so it pretty much evens out.

COPE 27

Also misogynist/classist.

nomadologique

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
lol the dialectic is life denying and so is iggy azalea ban burn blaze

nomadologique

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
also this quote is a really good quote you shoul dread it once or twice thru get back to me on monday and i will give you akoan test to see if you nderstand it

quote:

From here, the racial dynamic becomes more complex, and the involvement of TI and the (male, black) heavyweights of the hip-hop scene in cosigning Azalea’s work and supporting her career seems kind of baffling – particularly given the controversies surrounding some of her lyrics and comments on social media. That is, until you consider just how much money she – and consequently, they – are making.

toggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRzjjd9c0cU

COPE 27

Eric Clapton is the worst thing to happen to black music/culture

Vincent Van Goatse

Enjoy every sandwich.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

theres too many wannabe zizeks and not enough wannabe lenins

well its a lot easier to be fat and greasy and hirsute and write indecipherable meaningless bullshit articles than it is to incite actual poor people to revolution and get exiled to Siberia multiple times

say what you will about vladimir illych, comrade put his rubles where his mouth was

Comfy Fleece Sweater

You see, but you do not observe.

hehe, Iggy Azalea is so mainstream and low rent, and this article is all poofy and academic and says poo poo like dialectical

GBS gonna looooove this

Vincent Van Goatse

Enjoy every sandwich.

seriously if it turns out critical theory and postmodernism and all that horseshit was a conspiracy by the financial classes to make the revolutionary left disappear up their own assholes I would not be at all surprised

actually that's a lie, I would be surprised because it's waaaaay too successful and clever for a cabal of marketing execs and bankers to dream up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
and so she gets free exposure because who cares how she sings or posts and the article is poop...

dat rear end is all that matters.

• Locked thread