Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist

how do you write an article attempting to critique neoliberal forces and then use a neoliberal apologist argument (amoral ~market forces~ are further exploited by the upper echelon) while simultaneously avoiding actually discussing how an Iggy Azalea is easier to market than Azelia Banks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt

Jst0rm posted:

and so she gets free exposure because who cares how she sings or posts and the article is poop...

dat rear end is all that matters.

shes got a pretty great rear end

ArbitraryC
Pick a number, any number
I heard an Iggy Azalea song where she compared herself to the twin towers because people would remember her when she was gone or something and I thought it was pretty funny so she's okay in my book.

Fool and the World

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

seriously if it turns out critical theory and postmodernism and all that horseshit was a conspiracy by the financial classes to make the revolutionary left disappear up their own assholes I would not be at all surprised

actually that's a lie, I would be surprised because it's waaaaay too successful and clever for a cabal of marketing execs and bankers to dream up

quote of the motherfucking day

Lawrence Gilchrist

Milky Moor posted:

add ariana grande to that list

anyways, iggy azalea is a corporate-produced white clone of nicki minaj right down to facial expressions and style. peace.

American pop singer Katy Perry praised Grande, saying she has "the best female vocal in pop music today. She has literally the best voice, the best voice live."

RAGE HOLE

Stendhal Stockholm

I'm so glad I clicked on this thread.

Taffer

Omi-Polari posted:

i like iggy but it's been a bad year for music, that's true. there was no summer hit and nothing really stands out.

lol. what rock do you live under

nomadologique

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

seriously if it turns out critical theory and postmodernism and all that horseshit was a conspiracy by the financial classes to make the revolutionary left disappear up their own assholes I would not be at all surprised

actually that's a lie, I would be surprised because it's waaaaay too successful and clever for a cabal of marketing execs and bankers to dream up

pomo is dead, crit theory continues

Roki B

Medical Industrial Complex

this is literally the gayest loving thing ever to exist on this god loving forsaken wasteland of a planet

i am worse for having read this

you are a worse person for reading this, posting this, and sharing it with the world

its like you're not even a bug-chaser, you're pozzing neg holes without the neg holes knowing about it holy gently caress

GO OXFORD COMMA

Roki B

Medical Industrial Complex

Roki B posted:

this is literally the gayest loving thing ever to exist on this god loving forsaken wasteland of a planet

i am worse for having read this

you are a worse person for reading this, posting this, and sharing it with the world

its like you're not even a bug-chaser, you're pozzing neg holes without the neg holes knowing about it holy gently caress

GO OXFORD COMMA

poz my neg hol;e

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jst0rm

Roki B posted:

A thread about a girl with a nice rear end is gay...

ok then.

Horniest Manticore

Hello, you!

ArbitraryC posted:

I heard an Iggy Azalea song where she compared herself to the twin towers because people would remember her when she was gone or something and I thought it was pretty funny so she's okay in my book.

would have been funnier if she said she was like the twin towers cuz she went down on 3000 people

GrrrlSweatshirt

The Hissing Butt posted:

would have been funnier if she said she was like the twin towers cuz she went down on 3000 people

haha god drat dude

Hell Yeah

unironically sweet probie spanish manlove, ty for putting something worthwhile in this thread finally

Kakarot

by zen death robot

who the gently caress are these people

nomadologique

i keep wanting that song to say "from head to tokyo" instead of "from la to tokyo" which is a much better line

BrutalistMcDonalds

Roki B posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94xlG4aJTug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbxuXq_981s

gnarlyhotep

by Lowtax
I saw her on Never Mind the Buzzcocks and she seemed dumb as hell

I'm Crap

gnarlyhotep posted:

I saw her on Never Mind the Buzzcocks and she seemed dumb as hell
she seemed like she'd eaten about 500 Xanax before the show

gnarlyhotep

by Lowtax

I'm Crap posted:

she seemed like she'd eaten about 500 Xanax before the show

that too

MoaM

Joyous.

nomadologique posted:

i keep wanting that song to say "from head to tokyo" instead of "from la to tokyo" which is a much better line

That's too intellectual and fancy.

A. Beaverhausen

by R. Guyovich
Is it just me, or has "dat rear end" been the defining factor in song/artist popularity moreso than usual lately? This year's music has just been...ugh.

Zeike posted:

lol you don't recognize Macklemore, the king of rap.

nomadologique

MoaM posted:

That's too intellectual and fancy.

no "head to tokyo" is a really dumb pun exactly the opposite of intellectual and would really make me happy and smile

HEY KENDRICK LAMAR I GOT A LINE FOR YOU BUD

Frijolero

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love that everyone shat on the writer when the very clear toilet is the dumb Australian lady.

RAGE HOLE

Stendhal Stockholm

The Hissing Butt posted:

That is marvelous.

BrutalistMcDonalds

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Is it just me, or has "dat rear end" been the defining factor in song/artist popularity moreso than usual lately? This year's music has just been...ugh.
we're in the era of the rear end. the era in which the great asses of pop culture were celebrated in song and in which specific asses became the object of worship.

Gaunab
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I can't tell if this forum is trying too hard to be edgy/ironic/funny or if you all are just stupid

Rubellavator

I think we've always been in an era of rear end.

nomadologique

Gaunab posted:

I can't tell if this forum is trying too hard to be edgy/ironic/funny or if you all are just stupid

[citation needed]

etalian

RAGE HOLE posted:

That is marvelous.

well she already has a leaked sex tape.

Good thing the rapper claimed that she gave him permission to leak the tape to the media.

Trip Larsen

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I liked Iggy Azalea when her name was V-Nasty

Not Safe For Work

by Ralp
id gently caress the poop out of her

ElectricSheep

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Zeike posted:

hmf, "pop" culture
*sips a snifter of code red and adjusts silk dragon robe*

etalian posted:

Good thing the rapper claimed that she gave him permission to leak the tape to the media.

[citation needed]

A. Beaverhausen

by R. Guyovich

etalian posted:

I thought the sex tape was reserved for at least a year after your star starts fading

nomadologique

ElectricSheep posted:

hmf, "pop" culture
*sips a snifter of code red and adjusts silk dragon robe*

silk?!

Digi_Kraken
Cultural appropriation isn't real

or at least not in the context it is applied by stupid neo-liberals

I am not even speaking as an extreme right wing eugenics activist, but seriously, it is impossible to define cultural appropriation in 21st century terms. Globalization and mass media have made the concept of any culture being 'contained' impossible.

Also one of the fundamental ways humans communicate is by copying and group-think, this is sociology 101.

The idea that white people wearing dreadlocks is somehow a racist display is ridiculous for all the wrong reasons and the people who argue against it usually are missing the essential point -

The entire history of mankind is cultural appropriation of some kind. It is simply impossible to classify on any specific level, the implications it brings forth run so deep through both society and anthropology it boggles my mind that people talk about it seriously as if it's a real problem.

the worst thing is

by FactsAreUseless

Troon Flesh Mask posted:

Cultural appropriation isn't real

or at least not in the context it is applied by stupid neo-liberals

I am not even speaking as an extreme right wing eugenics activist, but seriously, it is impossible to define cultural appropriation in 21st century terms. Globalization and mass media have made the concept of any culture being 'contained' impossible.

Also one of the fundamental ways humans communicate is by copying and group-think, this is sociology 101.

The idea that white people wearing dreadlocks is somehow a racist display is ridiculous for all the wrong reasons and the people who argue against it usually are missing the essential point -

The entire history of mankind is cultural appropriation of some kind. It is simply impossible to classify on any specific level, the implications it brings forth run so deep through both society and anthropology it boggles my mind that people talk about it seriously as if it's a real problem.

kinda, but language keeps different cultures apart. agree otherwise i think

edit aaaand byob do your worst

i am he

fancy is the #1 song of the summer, respect

Pedantra

by Lowtax
i agree with the article in the op, though i didnt read it or the rest of the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digi_Kraken
I agree fancy owns

• Locked thread