Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm still really confused why I feel Olivia Munn is carrying the acting chops on the show. It's like living in a Bizzaro world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Nevvy Z posted:

Was the show this reviled in the previous live threads? I started watching it just before Season 2 and liked it a lot. I mean, I don't actually disagree with any of MrA's criticisms, except maybe a few minor points where he seems confused by a thing that happens for no reason but is actually relevant to later episodes, but everyone here seems to hate it but not stop watching.

This was the Omega Hatewatch show of its time, yes.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fetus Tree posted:

For sure. I forget, did any of the ACN guys have any idea what they had was so important?

None of them had seen them. Deliberately.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Max posted:

Were we supposed to be on Jim's side during that entire episode? Because at no point did I really care about him and actually just actively hated him.

It's ok, and possibly healthy, to hate the poo poo out of him and his scumbag gf at the same time.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jim was 100% correct and 100% a douchebag for how he went about what he did.

Also, is the assumption supposed to be that Neal gave Will a false name or was he just using "he" to be misleading.

Neal never gave Will the source.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
MrA: Can't wait for you to start season 2.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
This just in: Being a shithead and being right are not mutually exclusive.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

MrAristocrates posted:

Hey it sure felt good to finish another writeup, why don't you start the next episode?

Oh

Oh god

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fetus Tree posted:

who cares about how important it is, its a job that she was happy to get and she isnt hurting anybody in the process

She was hurting Amurica.

:911:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

tadashi posted:

Has anyone else noticed that this finish is similar to Sports Night, plot-wise?

In the final episode, it's revealed that Jim has been working on a screenplay that eventually becomes Sports Night.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
They cannot euthanize this show fast enough.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
"It's nothing, it's just a change in molecular viscosity called Laminar Flow." - Maggie Jordan, Ph.D

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If I, an upper-middle class, white, protestant male, the epitome of privileged, masqueraded as a female rape victim and used her website to sabotage a competing candidate for a job, would the website still be a cool "safe space for women"? Would it still be morally and ethically acceptable for it to exist?

What do you think the odds of such a site being misused are?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kafka Esq. posted:

Pulitzer prize winning journalists trying desperately to escape contempt charges isn't good enough for you? It has to be Great White Talky Man? I think you're buying into the premise of the show a little too much.

90%+ of Americans couldn't name a Pulitzer winner. Probably close to that many couldn't even name a single print journalist.

Draw your own conclusions.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

MrAristocrates posted:

Season 3, Episode 6: "What Kind of Day Has It Been"

This one was late not because there was a lot to say, but because there was so little. The episode's practically made out of scraps of old ones and nothing much really happens anyway. There's no unifying idea or theme, it's not even really all that bad, but there's nothing to grasp onto within that.

~fin~

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

D-Pad posted:

At least the only black male character in the show finally got some characterization....he plays percussion!

Did you forget the part where he slept with every woman in the office?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Acinonyx posted:

Did they ever explain why Sloan wasn't fired? I know there was some magical nonsense where Charlie was the only one who could fire people, but after he died why wouldn't the new boss follow through and can her? Also, why are we supposed to believe that Neil would be welcomed back if the new boss really likes the new web site and apps?

Did you actually watch the last episode at all?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

bubblelubble posted:

I didn't realise Grace Gummer (Hallie) was one of Meryl Streep's daughters.

The slightly-hooked nose and resting bitch face should've been dead giveaways

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
How much do you miss Terry Crewes right now?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Khablam posted:

Oh, he's watched it.
He's trying to form words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...