Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite dark and brooding mythical creature?
Depressed Vampire
Self-hating Werewolf
Ghost with an Eating Disorder
Creature from the Black Lagoon with a Killer Heroin Habit
View Results

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think Melora Creager from Rasputina might have gone from quirky insane to insane insane. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Earwicker posted:

Why what happened?

I was curious if they'd broken up since they haven't released an album since 2010, and now the domain is expired. I went poking around elsewhere and found their official Facebook...judge for yourself:

quote:

Over a year ago someone hacked into my computers, Mac mail/iCloud, bank and credit card accounts. Hard drives containing all the files for Cabin Fever and Frustration Plantation were first erased, then stolen from my home studio.
I have lived off and on in terror since then. Look up Stockholm Syndrome. This is how I've been living.
My family never believed me. They think I'm paranoid and mentally ill. The situation HAS made me ill. My family and business are wrecked.
The police don't believe me. My family told them I'm crazy.
Abuse victims are silent. People tend to blame the victim, so a victim quickly learns to keep it to herself.

Massive spam is periodically sent from rasputina.com. The hosting company is not interested.
Someone signs on to this Facebook account from unknown devices. Facebook doesn't have a customer service number for recourse.
It's all fairly easy to hack into- no magic, no mystery. Screenshare, AirDrop, DropBox, etc. If they can hack into the Pentagon, they can do it to me.
I never cancelled the accounts because I was terrified, and it seemed too hard to start over. How would I get 27,000 likes again? I don't care anymore.
I'm going to shut it all down. I just want to tell everyone this.
I never said anything. I don't want to be a victim anymore.
Please let me know you read this. — with Melora Creager.

That's some serious paranoia.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 18, 2014

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Earwicker posted:

To be serious though, I don't think claiming to have had one's computer and web accounts hacked is a sign of mental illness. I mean that's not exactly paranoid conspiracy theory territory, people have their computer and facebook accounts hacked into all the time.

The fact that neither her own family nor the police think its anything but paranoia/mental illness is seriously worrying though. When other people are telling you you're nuts, you probably are.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm a big fan of The Birthday Massacre. I mainly stick with classic goth and industrial bands but they're an exception.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Unfortunate her fans are enabling this by trying to be supportive and telling her she's not crazy.

• Locked thread